What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maj.Cottonmouth's First Vertical Grow

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superb MC, really smart set-up,:bow:
I'm sure it will be a huge success, you deserve it

picture.php

Motta-Tokka

Bro please use some type of beneficial like great white. I dont ever want anyone growing in rdwc getting the "death without cause" for nothing.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
One of my students is avg 4 ozs per plant by limiting the branches to 4-6 per plant and are packed 9 buckets per 1K of lights. Some pretty good numbers... And don't forget to open the plant up. The Cinderella BX-1 will eat more nutes than most plants in the garden like you mentioned. Will be good to see what you can do with her in your system.

Cheers,

Mosca

Very nice numbers. By opening up are you speaking of defoliation? I have been pondering using the high defoliation method on two and leaving two alone but I will do it on all four plants if that is what you mean. I still need to build a trellis for each plant so I can do some LST to open them up as well.

lol not RDWC.

Ahhhhh :)

Superb MC, really smart set-up,:bow:
I'm sure it will be a huge success, you deserve it

Thank you very much Hazy Lady, it is very nice to have you here.

Nice setup

Thanks man, looking forward to how your C99's turn out.

Bro please use some type of beneficial like great white. I dont ever want anyone growing in rdwc getting the "death without cause" for nothing.

I am running more of a sterile res and I change it out every two weeks. I bought a quart of AquaShield for $20 because I was going to run it but using the directions on the bottle I would need a quart and half for my 40 gallon system. What does it cost you to run Great White and what nutes are you running. Thanks for the advice.

M

mosca negra

What up Major! To answer your question, not defoliation-- I don't believe in that. I meant to spread the branches out like in LST to allow light into the inside of the plant. This give interior budsites additional light to grow.

Grow on Major!

Cheers

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Clean set up M, Vertical and hydro should be fun together ...

Tagg'ed

FO20.

Thank you

What up Major! To answer your question, not defoliation-- I don't believe in that. I meant to spread the branches out like in LST to allow light into the inside of the plant. This give interior budsites additional light to grow.

Grow on Major!

Cheers

Thanks Mosca, I plan to build a trellis for each side this weekend and I will be topping soon also. What kind of flowering stretch should I expect, 2x?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
11/16 update

11/16 update

I tried posting this last night but IC kept going down.

The C99-1 has been looking droopy so I moved it to the bucket that was not being used. The floor in my room is not perfectly level so the water level varies from bucket to bucket. Man it had a nice clump of roots already, I wish I had gotten a pic. I moved my chiller this weekend and rerouted the lines so that it now has a waterfall where it returns to the res. I will get pics up later.

On to the show.

Left side

Right side

The Church

C99-3

White Castle

C99-2, tagged picture wrong. I think I should name this one Krinkle Kut

C99-4

C99-1

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
they're going to be monster, when ya gonna flip em Maj.

Thanks for checking in red and that is a great question that I have been pondering myself. One issue is that the White Castle is not growing very fast and the other issue is that neither of the Maui Waui I popped made it so I started germing one of the random fems I got from the server auction and it is still waiting to pop its seed cover off. So the WC and random fem will be a bit behind the others. I am also looking to find out how much stretch these C99's are going to have once I do flip. I am pretty sure I will end up flipping based on the size of the C99's since they are the main contender this round. I plan to top the C99's this week, maybe even tonight so we will have to see how they react.

C99 tent to get real bushies when top so you gotta watch out, not much stretch in flower when i grew mine out but she was a big ole bush

FO20

B

Bob Smith

Nice looking setup, man - should be interesting to see how 400s do with RDWC.

Also a great call to make a waterfall with your chiller return - that's a no-brainer to agitate your rez and get "free" DO in there.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
C99 tent to get real bushies when top so you gotta watch out, not much stretch in flower when i grew mine out but she was a big ole bush

FO20

That is good to know and I will be happy to have some fat ass bushes :)

Nice looking setup, man - should be interesting to see how 400s do with RDWC.

Also a great call to make a waterfall with your chiller return - that's a no-brainer to agitate your rez and get "free" DO in there.

Gotta love free DO, thanks for stopping by

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice update Maj,

Is the c99 on the left side more Indi dom?
she got big o fat leaves for a c99

mine look straight up like a sativa, very skinny leaves

cheers,
red.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Nice update Maj,

Is the c99 on the left side more Indi dom?
she got big o fat leaves for a c99

mine look straight up like a sativa, very skinny leaves

cheers,
red.

It sure looks very Indi doesn't it? It is always interesting to see which phenos pop up. You never know at first with seeds when you might have popped that super rare trait or found an oddball that you like.

I have to thank you red for the nylon trellis idea, I did not even know they existed before looking through your thread and it was soooo easy to put up. I was planning to use a couple of regular trellises on the wall and I was going to build some PVC frames for the open side. You saved me a ton of work and the nylon ones I got at home depot were only $4 each.
:dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013:

Dammit, still can't rep you, trust me I will hit you up when I can.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
11/23 update

11/23 update

Just a small update with a few pics, mostly wanted to show the growth from a few days ago.

I am adding 5 gallons of pHed water back every other day.
EC has dropped from 1.1 to .8 and I will be feeding tomorrow when I add water.
pH was running at 5.9 but has dropped to 5.8 with the last water add back.

With the seasonal low temps I need to get a fish tank heater, the water temp has been dropping down to 65 F with lights off and I would like to keep it closer to 68 F.

Thanks for looking :wave:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
subscribed! Interested to see what you can do with 3x400w CMH. I am seriously considering going CMH on my next cab. Kudos!

Latest posts

Latest posts