What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine........ know anything about it? .........

Wattz13

there is a great seedbank here in usa that has some f9 and f10 genetics..u should look into them if u want something that will not mold..all her strains was built,breed and pollinated in the pacific north west OUTDOORS!!..oregongreenseed has the products u will need bro..if u want to make money u sure cant do it with moldy buds..ever year i have had to deal with that shit as do many others..it dont matter how many times a cannabis cup strain has won the cup if it cant be grown outdoors imo..outdoors is where the money is at not indoors unless u got a warehouse and i doubt many have that when first getting into the game

Your saying the only way to make dough is to have a warehouse or work outside!!??? I guess someone didn't give my pocket the memo! 😝

captain planet

Veteran
Been thinking about making the move to Maine for 5 years now, and now the wife wants to look into Florida instead...... women, can't live with them..... pass the beer nuts

the currency is good. idk how you get in line with the younger people after a certain point ur just shrekelli. nobody wants 1 shrekelli in this lifetime.

igrowone

Veteran
not from Maine, upstate NYer, but climate very similar to the inland parts of Maine
and growing outdoors is going to be an adventure for most, and not the good kind
October is fickle, total screw job or pot of gold, you never know which
if you have genetics that finish by September, then you have some certainty
interested in the legal grow migration to the cold assed northeast, it's a good thing imho

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Don't know much about it, but what I can tell you is that they're are some kick ass cuts and breeds floating around for the outdoors that have been very successful here in Eastern Ky. Mold resistant, potent, early finishing strains.

MountainBudz

Have a good friend lives up there. I'd say from his standpoint the only real threat with growing there is getting your girls to finish on time before bad cold/rainy weather sets in and the lack of sunlight do to the misty ocean haze which is a thirsty bucket for mold.

TheOutlawTree

I was going to move to Maine before I moved to California from the east. I drove up there on several occasions to look at different area's way out in aristook county. I had a plan to lease a large bract of hunting land with a fake ID, plant a big field in the open and hope they didnt fly because it was so remote up there. I asked a few grower buddies at the time if they were down, but no one was serious about it.. I didnt want to do it alone, I saw it as an awsome adventure.

Maine real estate is dirt cheap, especially if your used to California real estate. At the end of the day though, the Maine climate is not ideal for outdoor growing. That being said, there are plenty of northern latitude strain's from Canada that will finish in mid to early september and beat the rain / frost but your pretty limited for your outdoor strains as well as plant count / yield in maine. Chemdawgs, Diesels, and even OG's are a little to late to bother with over there. You could breed something really early to an OG and find a good early pheno.

There are alot of grower's in maine for sure, but its not even comparable to California. The west coast has a complete overgrow going on. I doubt counties in maine are having greenhouses popping up like clockwork and law enforcement admitting they can only visit 2-5% of the farms for compliance checks per year- because there's so many.

Maine would be a good place to go, if you wanted to run a bunch of indoor, but that would be sort of sketchy if your over 99 because there's not tons of big fish and the feds could pick up your case if something happened. The feds on the east coast are different than the feds of the west. Just recently (about a year ago) a Canadian marijuana smuggler from Ontario was sentenced to LIFE in US federal prison.

It also depends on your budget too, if you cant afford Cali, start in Maine and pack up and head west when you can afford the adventure. If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen!

MountainBudz

I was going to move to Maine before I moved to California from the east. I drove up there on several occasions to look at different area's way out in aristook county. I had a plan to lease a large bract of hunting land with a fake ID, plant a big field in the open and hope they didnt fly because it was so remote up there. I asked a few grower buddies at the time if they were down, but no one was serious about it.. I didnt want to do it alone, I saw it as an awsome adventure.

Maine real estate is dirt cheap, especially if your used to California real estate. At the end of the day though, the Maine climate is not ideal for outdoor growing. That being said, there are plenty of northern latitude strain's from Canada that will finish in mid to early september and beat the rain / frost but your pretty limited for your outdoor strains as well as plant count / yield in maine. Chemdawgs, Diesels, and even OG's are a little to late to bother with over there. You could breed something really early to an OG and find a good early pheno.

There are alot of grower's in maine for sure, but its not even comparable to California. The west coast has a complete overgrow going on. I doubt counties in maine are having greenhouses popping up like clockwork and law enforcement admitting they can only visit 2-5% of the farms for compliance checks per year- because there's so many.

Maine would be a good place to go, if you wanted to run a bunch of indoor, but that would be sort of sketchy if your over 99 because there's not tons of big fish and the feds could pick up your case if something happened. The feds on the east coast are different than the feds of the west. Just recently (about a year ago) a Canadian marijuana smuggler from Ontario was sentenced to LIFE in US federal prison.

It also depends on your budget too, if you cant afford Cali, start in Maine and pack up and head west when you can afford the adventure. If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen!

This man, Duskray, even though not a local, knows his shit.

Great post my friend!

:tiphat:

KONY

Veteran

Almost 5 years ago now I drove past my first cannabis farm that was plainly visible from the road, not more than 25 minutes outside Augusta either. People been growing weed large scale here for decades, it's just more low key than Cali. There a lot less flashiness and such. Less keeping up with the jones. Our biggest city in the state only has 70k people. Our state population is only 1.4 million or so.

Then again I probably moved to the equivalent of the emerald triangle of maine, and had no idea. Wife and I found this rental house in the middle of nowhere central maine... rent was cheap, not even a stop light in town, but there is a store that sell promix :laughing:

Wife got a local job and the first thing multiple people told her was everyone in our towns either an animal farmer or cannabis farmer, this was with no mention on her part about anything growing or even smoking related, she was working at a Hospital at the time.... I work "IT work from home".

This area was well know for growing in 2010, I'm sure well before that. I know people have been growing commercial here since the 70s. As of right now anyways, most the leo dont seem to really care about cannabis. If they can make an easy bust they will, but since medical they have cared less and less, I dont think they wana bust someone and get sued, then have no enforcement at all, either that or the powers that be and tell them what to do.... don't currently care about cannabis.

Last edited:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
days start getting shorter june 21 , cheapo hoop house to induce flowering, similar to light dep but ya just do it a 2,3 weeks and boom, i bet ya can finish almost any strain in maine if ya got any kind of knowledge of how to grow the precious od. damnit man im even more stoked now , i got a buddy with loads of cansadian manitoba gear too if it aint too old

tech1234

Maine is holding it down both indoors and out... definitely more low key about it than cali though

also the outdoor is not comparable without a nice dep house

Dabitupagain

Laws

Laws

Sup everyone.

I have been thinking about growin in maine for about 10 years now.
I'm sure they will will fully legalize by 2016.
the land up there is dirt cheap and so are the houses. i recently came across a property that i really like.
i currently have a high p count out here in colorado and that was done by paying 300$ and a 5 minute doctor visit.

Is there money to be made in maine? can you get a plant count higher than 6 even if your not a caregiver? id like to do at least a jackson or more.
greenhouse would be the idea up there in northern maine im sure?

any other thoughts/ideas on maine would be awesome. security...popo

There are ways to pull 2 lbs off plants here but yiu sure better not get busted with that weight.
If your planning 100 plants.....i would assume the feds would-be interested in you.

Dabitupagain

ME is a gold mine. You just have to have connections for distribution. Lots of bud in Maine. Lots of land that's dirt cheap. It's best to grow in ME and distribute in states close by. There's loopholes in the laws that allows you to grow for family without registering with the state. You can have 6 plants per patient but limited to 30 plants or 5 patients including yourself. 99 plants is a misdemeanor. Growers are everywhere. I walk into grow shops and people are smoking joints and looking at different strains. It's a cool place. It's much harder to make it in ME if you have to distribute to ME. People in ME don't have the disposable income like folks from other states. $150-200 / oz for indoor is the norm. Pounds are hard to move at 3k for indoor. More like 2500 a p if you're growing weight. I was buying pounds of good outdoor this harvest for $1,600. I would never consider moving any product in ME. Other than that, there's like no cops and lots of places to grow. Lots of houses for sale less than 100k.

True. But I say the 100 plants planned will atttact feds