What's new

Mag def? Overfert? Second crop killed..

phattybudz

So the last few runs I've had this problem and I don't know how to fix it. Here is a summary with pics...

well into veg, can't flip until I cure this...brown&brown-yellow edges spread inwards eventually browning and killing the whole leaf, claws both up and down but not crispy; soft leaves.

Canna terra pro+ and perlite medium
I was feeding H&G as specified, then tried GH briefly, now I'm trying canna, still getting same issue feeding as recommended. I suspect it to be magnesium deficiency/lockout, but I'm not sure why. Just tested my run-off and it was ph 6.2, ppm 1150... ph seems a bit high and feeding too heavy also?

I have tried to water at ph 6.0 and go by the bottle...

I know it's not pests or the roots or heat, so that leaves ph and ppm right? Arrrgh... I've messed up 2 flower runs like this and now this veg is going south, makes me think about doing a pre-mix like subcool's and ditching soil-less with liquid ferts...

What to do??? I sprayed w/epsom salt, thinking about flushing and refeeding at lower ph&ppm...TIA guys!

igrowkushbitch

Definitely Mag deficiency. Did you feed your plants any epsom salt? If not try adding 2 teaspoons of epsom salt per gal. That should clear it up. You could also add liquid dolomite lime that will help with both PH and Mag deficiency.

Latest posts

Latest posts