What's new

Madrid or Barcelona?

First of, is weed basically legal in these cities? Do people smoke out in the open outside caffe's ect?

I am planning to move there for a few months or so to teach english or do some other sort of work. Thought I would start my research here. Has anyone moved there for a while? What city would you recommend? Which one is more friendly to get around (without a car)? Thanks for any info.

ie. Any usefull links? Is finding work relatively easy or should I already have a job linded up before going? How are the ppl, ie is making new friends easy?

(I have a B.A. degree and a EU passport)

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I hear Barcelona is a nicer city. I'm thinking about moving down there to teach English myself :)

GoodbyeBlueSky

Barcelona is pretty pot friendly... they held the 2005 Highlife Industry Expo there... and ungodly amount of moroccan hashish comes through there... but as far as smoking in public is concerned, you're just as likely to see someone puffin' a joint in New York or London or basically any major city, it's NOT Amsterdam... there's no smoking cafes, and the only time i was offered drugs of any kind it was coke...

so all in all, Barcelona's a beautiful city and it would be a great place to spend some time. a friend of mine just got finished teaching english there so i imagine it's not difficult to get a job like that. don't know anything about Madrid to be fair... but a golden rule of mine is... the further from the ocean (or sea) one is, the more conservative things become....

G

Barcelona it is man. If nothing else.. They have the better football team :wave:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Oyster Magnet said:
They have the better football team :wave:

HAHAHAHA I was going to put that in here somewhere. Barca is a lot prettier than Madrid....me personally I want to move to Valencia and grow oranges. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts