What's new

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingtailCanyon

it depend on combination ;-)
1:1 doesn't do much.... except the benefits of thcv....
but just a higher level of thcv + high level thc like the Ohz has... makes a huge difference...
took me some time to recon... SamS told me lot's about thcv but was more interested in other stuff... was all too much info then.... need some analysis to get the prove... but it's all on the way... just takes some time... smoking OHz and crosses and the bx gave me some ideas what makes the difference....
and i'll got some OHz analysis that showed for example higher THCV and THC around 18% most time... but those kicked ass and makes soo happy euphoric... could kiss the world high... with no comedown ...
thcv... if you get it in in the right ratio...
it's bred out over time....
Thai Stick - and most old Thai too
Durban - and most African too
Colombian
those have until now the highest amount of THCV naturally ...
those are all strains that i'll loved to smoke ...
until they disappear got or replaced by hybrids...
there are also some interesting articles online since a few years... it becomes more interesting...
M.:smoker:

Btw. very nice looking THH ! thx for sharing here.
So what percentages will give the effect you like?
Like 5%thcV and 15%thc?
HOKU is the go to person for THCV genetics.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
here some progress with the outdoor gear...

but before... ordered some lemon for my friend... well i'm in good contact with Ingemar (White Widow) since some time... like to exchange grow & breeding tip's for outdoors... there are all friends not concurrence or anything like that... don't like it... so prefer to be friend with all i'll know like Dubi or Khalifa gen. etc... share and help.. get something back ... nothing better... i'm not into freebee's so much but always happy to get something for my friends... and what is better as a personal message ;-) ... that's the way i'll would do my biz too...
IMG_6221.jpeg

cloning station... always best to do direct in soil... 7-10 day's and they are rooted... so easy... no root stimulator needed... these are my fav OHz collection from all ...
IMG_6222.jpeg

and here tadaa ... the outdoor haze... Iranian/OHz x OHz S1 ... now looking more like a sativa hybrid... interesting how strong the indica genes are... will put them outdoors today...
IMG_6223.jpeg

but the best surprise and what makes me really happy to see... early trigger of the flowering... means she will start to flower now... and in 3 month maybe with the strong haze influence 4 month flower time... perfect finish end august or september ... if and if the high is what i'll love... or close to it... than this mission is completed... makes me really happy that all those thinking and planning and doing gives the results i'll was hoping for... it takes all so long until you see the results...
IMG_6224.jpeg
IMG_6225.jpeg

happy growing

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I dig the art/shirt. I was a little confused with the 'size matters' idea. Have you got any other ideas for the branding? 'Nothing Beats The Original'? 'Original Haze From The Old Days'? Just thinking aloud....

RingtailCanyon

that need to find out...
it's not such super high level of thcV ...
because it also kill's the psychoactive...
need to talk to Sam to get a better picture...
who is HOKU ?
thx
Hoku seed company is in the PNW and makes varieties with novel cannabinoids.

Garmonbozia

I'm not sure about the thcv Magic effect for Haze and some landrace sativas. I'm only vaping and chewing cobs and i never go higher than 198°C for my second bag (the first one is at 185°C). THCV boils at 220°C and i feel the magic high from Haze and good landrace sativas so it could be a piece of the answer but not the main element inducing this Magic particular special high.

Legalcdn

I'm not sure about the thcv Magic effect for Haze and some landrace sativas. I'm only vaping and chewing cobs and i never go higher than 198°C for my second bag (the first one is at 185°C). THCV boils at 220°C and i feel the magic high from Haze and good landrace sativas so it could be a piece of the answer but not the main element inducing this Magic particular special high.
All true, good point.

In the 80s we did not have vapes so combustion on joints were at least 235c.

I run my vape at 220c.

Attachments

• Vapetemp.jpg
    Vapetemp.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 53

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I dig the art/shirt. I was a little confused with the 'size matters' idea. Have you got any other ideas for the branding? 'Nothing Beats The Original'? 'Original Haze From The Old Days'? Just thinking aloud....
yes they will be more... but it was just for fun...
do't know if and how it goes here with legalisation etc...
would be great but i'll also have my other job that i'll love too...
i'll really wish i'll could bred here legal... would have a greenhouse with darkening...
plan & all exist... but it's still all illegal here ... so have to keep it low...
i'll have the place & space... knowledge and genetics... Sam's advice and help...
but have to wait until it's permitted... until than i'll do it like i'll did all the time... it just takes more time...

like: 'Nothing Beats The Original'? and 'Original Haze From The Old Days'

what about:
enjoy the ride :)
or
Good Mood With Retro Haze
Not like with Lab Haze ...

many thx for suggestions :)

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I don't think the boiling point of thcv has ever been accurately calculated.

The only reference I see says it's less than 220c (thcv<220c).
yes true... the complete thcv topic is not well researched...
it just startet really...
think there is much more to as we think...
and THCV alone is not the magic or high percentages...
it's the combiantion of specific terpene, thc & thcv in a ratio like 20:3 or somethink like that...
to really identify ... i'll need analysis to see where is the difference...

bonghopper

hello,
here some progress with the outdoor gear...

but before... ordered some lemon for my friend... well i'm in good contact with Ingemar (White Widow) since some time... like to exchange grow & breeding tip's for outdoors... there are all friends not concurrence or anything like that... don't like it... so prefer to be friend with all i'll know like Dubi or Khalifa gen. etc... share and help.. get something back ... nothing better... i'm not into freebee's so much but always happy to get something for my friends... and what is better as a personal message ;-) ... that's the way i'll would do my biz too...
View attachment 18846733

cloning station... always best to do direct in soil... 7-10 day's and they are rooted... so easy... no root stimulator needed... these are my fav OHz collection from all ...
View attachment 18846734

and here tadaa ... the outdoor haze... Iranian/OHz x OHz S1 ... now looking more like a sativa hybrid... interesting how strong the indica genes are... will put them outdoors today...
View attachment 18846735

but the best surprise and what makes me really happy to see... early trigger of the flowering... means she will start to flower now... and in 3 month maybe with the strong haze influence 4 month flower time... perfect finish end august or september ... if and if the high is what i'll love... or close to it... than this mission is completed... makes me really happy that all those thinking and planning and doing gives the results i'll was hoping for... it takes all so long until you see the results...
View attachment 18846736 View attachment 18846737

happy growing
Lovely lovely, how many nodes they showing at and hows the stem rub for haze terps? I hear you about legal outdoor/glasshouse breeding! The dream!

Have some UELs X OHz F2 on the go, lovely haze stem rub and the most narrow leaves of the year.
Mountain Gold also looking and smelling super, ever grow that one outdoors?

That Ohz website legit?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Lovely lovely, how many nodes they showing at and hows the stem rub for haze terps? I hear you about legal outdoor/glasshouse breeding! The dream!

Have some UELs X OHz F2 on the go, lovely haze stem rub and the most narrow leaves of the year.
Mountain Gold also looking and smelling super, ever grow that one outdoors?

That Ohz website legit?
4 th node... :) inc. baby leaf's ...
uhhh stem rub.. did already...
it's this sour thing... common smell...
Tom's had it too.... but the other hybrids like Tangie have it too as well ...
think it will change later ... but strong smell is always good ;-)

the 6 remaining...
IMG_6226.jpeg

and outdoors :) fresh transplanted...
IMG_6227.jpeg
IMG_6228.jpeg
IMG_6229.jpeg

always some work to have a nice patch....
very good! hope you show pic's later :)
did not grow MG ... so curious to see as well...
That Ohz website legit?
yep... saved the domain... just in case ;-)
thx

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hoku seed company is in the PNW and makes varieties with novel cannabinoids.
well checkt the side....
they gear comes from Real Seed... :)
i'm long in contact with Angus from RSC ...
he has the original Palerma (Congo) and a Thai with high THCV levels...
i'll already got them ... and those are the first i'll will use...
prefer sativa's ... and think the thai would fit best ...
and than maybe bx to the haze again to make it more hazier ...
will start soon when i'll have the room... ;-)
thx

RingtailCanyon

well checkt the side....
they gear comes from Real Seed... :)
i'm long in contact with Angus from RSC ...
he has the original Palerma (Congo) and a Thai with high THCV levels...
i'll already got them ... and those are the first i'll will use...
prefer sativa's ... and think the thai would fit best ...
and than maybe bx to the haze again to make it more hazier ...
will start soon when i'll have the room... ;-)
thx
All sounds good, but if you are saying HOKU gets his gear from Angus, I don’t think that’s correct except if you are talking specifically about the Syrian line?
The THCV side comes from the line called Doug’s Varin. And no it’s not a pure sativa. Hoku used a cbg hemp line for the backcross.

RingtailCanyon

yes true... the complete thcv topic is not well researched...
it just startet really...
think there is much more to as we think...
and THCV alone is not the magic or high percentages...
it's the combiantion of specific terpene, thc & thcv in a ratio like 20:3 or somethink like that...
to really identify ... i'll need analysis to see where is the difference...
20:3 sounds like it would be a good starting

funkyhorse

High there Mac!
What can you tell us about this original Palerma sold as Congo by Angus?
This thing Angus is selling is pirated coming from a german seedbank gatersleben
If this thing is the THCV plants, then look for something else.
Highless weed, a total lack of respect
"Congo" Boys are ladyboys outdoors
Congo TRSC ladyboy.jpeg

And girls are 100% highless. This is hemp. When I smoke something like this and is being marketed as pure sativa from Congo instead of pure highless hemp coming from a german institute preserved and kept in Leibnitz, is when I feel this is all hopeless and good weed is gone. Honest, all sativas preserved at the northern hemisphere out of their landrace origins are rubbish. What I am growing is the degradation of sativas coming from europe. Europe and northern hemisphere out of the tropics is clearly not the proper place to preserve, breed or select sativas. The results are sad.
Congo 3 (3).jpeg

I have the worst opinion about all this bullshit. This Congo is unverified as most of the things coming from the canna seedbanks and bullshitting is rampant. Quality sucks, these scientists dont know shit about getting high and smoking real sativas.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
High there Mac!
This thing Angus is selling is pirated coming from a german seedbank gatersleben
View attachment 18848529
And girls are 100% highless. This is hemp. When I smoke something like this and is being marketed as pure sativa from Congo instead of pure highless hemp coming from a german institute preserved and kept in Leibnitz, is when I feel this is all hopeless and good weed is gone. Honest, all sativas preserved at the northern hemisphere out of their landrace origins are rubbish. What I am growing is the degradation of sativas coming from europe. Europe and northern hemisphere out of the tropics is clearly not the proper place to preserve, breed or select sativas. The results are sad.
View attachment 18848528
I have the worst opinion about all this bullshit. This Congo is unverified as most of the things coming from the canna seedbanks and bullshitting is rampant. Quality sucks, these scientists dont know shit about getting high and smoking real sativas.
i'll hear you ;-)
not much @ moment... interesting that you know the back story...
well it's just a try .... i'll have now most available thick lines...
will grow and smoke before.... but as you know THC : THCV 1:1 kills the high...
that's the reason those weed is highness ;-) or lacks of the high we are looking for...
but ... old landrace from africa and asia still have higher value as other of THCV...
OHz too and Zamal for example... i'll only got one analysis from my OHz ...
will publish when i'm done with my haze selection...
but if all works out well i'll can do more end of year...
in most modern sativa's the good stuff is bred out... that's why i'll love the haze for example...
Thai Stick begin 90' made me smoke weed instead of hash ...
and also prefer the euphoric up high those sativa gives...
one of the reason why i'll do this all...
i'll totally get you and you're mostly right ...
if i'll did not got the haze in my hands ... i'm sure i'll would have stopped growing' and smoking...
it was like the last try to get this old feeling back...
and one THH made me so happy like in the 90' after smoking Thai Stick...
that was nearly 20 years after starting my search...
i'll was just to give up...
but the THH gave me hope...
and the Golli OHz made me really happy when smoking... but lack of yield etc... inbreed depression...
for that issue i'll think i'll found the perfect match...
did not count but i'm sure in the last 5 years i'll made around 50 crosses...
around 15 where grown by myself... the most promising ... other crosses where also grown out by members here and there... and to my surprise ... 90% looked really good...
my problem with crossing was ... it lost some OHz terpene i'll loved or it was mixed with others i'll did not like... as you know i'm only into the high first... pretty plants with huge yield.. is nice but not my priority ...
i'll grow and bred for the high... flower time is also not of interest... because the plants i'll love always flower 14 - 16 weeks from cut... reducing flower time reduces the high i'm after... testet it and no success ... THCV it's just a trial to see how it affects the high i'm after...
what i'll can tell and i'm sure about now that it works really well to cross the haze to a landrace... and than bx to the haze... important is to use a haze male and not a easy to find girl ...
before i've met SamS ... i've studied all about the haze i'll could find... Tom's old postings here for example... all in the wayback machine... all post from Sam about the haze... etc... and to me it was clear to use a OHz boy ... same i'll did before with the maybe best THH boy i've found in 3 packs while doing repro... and Sam confirmed that is the better way... but to find a stable male that gives good offspring ...
you did it too and noticed as well that OHz males often are unstable... hence landrace genes...
if the plant see the need to reproduce... it does... asian much more and african too... bananas here and there after week 10... duhh did i'll waste my time because i'll had no clue... but now i'll have and know what to look for and while doing all those experiments i'll learned a lot about my plants... a reason why i'll flower the haze a third time now and will do again... still so many things to discover... and changing the environment gives total different results... like different soil... light ... CO2 bags etc... still learning so much... but i'll know now the way to go... :)
interesting notice... A5 from Karma has still way too much indica... when crossed to OHz and bx to OHz ... it's still there ... and you get tired when come down... not from the OHz ... no tired etc...
much much more... would be better to discuss face to face...
i'm @ work @ moment and not @ home... but WE' i'll be back...
one ❤️ brother funk
cu

Status
Not open for further replies.