What's new

made some QWISO,more like hash...???dont get it

RonSmooth

Veteran
I had them order me a bottle of Everclear at the local liquor store. I will give it a shot next run. I have read that you can wash the material longer with ethanol, is this true?

Does it evaporate as fast as iso? faster?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had them order me a bottle of Everclear at the local liquor store. I will give it a shot next run. I have read that you can wash the material longer with ethanol, is this true?

Does it evaporate as fast as iso? faster?

We use a 3 minute frozen soak with ethanol versus a 20/30 second soak with Iso.

Haven't noticed much difference in evaporation.

St3ve

it was the straining method imo.. use coffee filter next time (brown high quality kind) after strainer instead of cheese cloth.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
yeah,but the work and materials needed are lots
What do you have, Time or money?

If you have money, spending for ethanol is no problem. If you don't, ponying up for the equipment costs and using your own time will significantly reduce your costs per batch.

No money? A piece of 90 micron screen is not a lot, dry ice is pretty cheap, coffee filters do a decent job and it only takes minutes to reduce bud to dry-ice hash. Where's the lots of materials and work again?

Keep it Clean! :D

NeWcS

@TheCleanGame Do you make all your trim, bud, etc. into keif via dry ice extraction before you run it?

I came on here tonight to see if anyone first makes dry ice hash before washing it in ISO, BHO, etc. You mentioned it so I stopped here.

Not to hi-jack this thread but...