What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Macro photography 101

G

my mrs wouldnt let me spend the holiday money on a macro lens ,,i ended up in Benidorm instead!!!!!!

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Great pics M0nkey and great thread too.

I am saving to get that mp-e lens myself but it isnt in the budget right now.

For now I am going to take a seat and read along.

PEACE

Perhaps

Great thread, amazing pictures.

Great thread, amazing pictures.

Thanks for the the brilliant thread MOnkey, some fine images and information.

I have just broken the bank and got the mp-e so I can take my bubble hash images to the next level, no hash at the mo though so nothing to report there. I broke the bank so much that I will not be able to afford a macro flash for a good few months so it is just sunlight for me. Even sunlit and freehand you can tell it is a lens of amazing potential, I will be back with some mp-e melt shots like these in the not too distant.

bogusik2

Amazing pictures! I've never seen so much beauty in simple things :)
Real respect for all macro-lovers in this theard :)
I don't have great camera, or equipment to make that kind of pix, but anyway heres sth. from me :)
Grapefruit macros :) peace

M0nkey

Perhaps said:

I have just broken the bank and got the mp-e so I can take my bubble hash images to the next level, no hash at the mo though so nothing to report there. I broke the bank so much that I will not be able to afford a macro flash for a good few months so it is just sunlight for me. Even sunlit and freehand you can tell it is a lens of amazing potential, I will be back with some mp-e melt shots like these in the not too distant.

with out a flash put your camera on tv mode..set your shutter speed to 200 iso 200..then in tv mode your camera wil set your fstops for u depending on how much light it has,,

M0nkey

what a shame that this thread would be lost if noone updated it..i for 1 think this thread shoud sticky!

i just croped..bubbakush..:)

tricomes 3:1 life size bubba kush day 50

26351macro_3_copy.jpg

bubba kush sizzor hash....1 word - WOW :headbange

26351macro_globjels_bubba_2.jpg

26351macro_globjels_bubba_5.jpg

kurlyq2g

Good stuff, M0nkey

Hope you like strawberry Diesel, as it's the prize for winning POTM.

Only a matter of time till you win, if you ask me.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeing these pics makes me want to get some decent macro capability.

This was taken with an ageing monocular reverse taped on the front of a Panasonic FZ-7.
Unfortunately the factory lens is fixed but of good quality.

Bit fuzzy but cost nowt.

M0nkey

Perhaps said:

i forgot to tell u how good these hots are..i know how hard it is to get shots ike thatw ith your hash..im trying at the mo..great going buddie,.