What's new

Macro photography 101

oldguy

Fantasic thread! I am seriously getting educated here. I'm going to have to read up alot more prior to purchasing a quality camera set up. Cheers!

Oaxacan

I still need to get some real equipment, but here is something you can do with an amateur stuff - Nokia D40x, lens 18-55 + macro extension for 20 eur.

strain: Santa Maria - Planck

p.s. seriously imressed by bmans shots - RESPECT

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

bubbleman

Veteran
[ Great shots everyone.. really love this thread... its a keeper for certain

here are a few spider shots i took recently.. figured i would share

Peace
bubble man

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice. I had a pic like that of a green one but cant find it :( What kind of Lighting are you guys using. I bought a few of those flood lights but there not bright enough for the super macro shots. Like Bubbleman,Canna get... Plus im blind cant see well to prevent shake..

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

darkvade420

nice pics.taking pics of your crystalls close up everyday is a great way to always know when its getting the perfect time to harvest lol. i just bought a cam and its junk i told the lady at the store for sure i wanted to take detailed close up and all im getting close up is blurry crap fucking best buy babe knows less about this shit then i do .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if its a DLSR you need optional equipment to go that small. Lens,Tubes,Bellows,Reversing ring,lights.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a reversed set up that "sometimes" is effective. Lighting is so critical and I do not have a favorite lighting set up. I use many but always try to set up in some direct sunlight somewhere even if just a little sliver comming into the frame.
Here is a old glass Canon 35-105mm MD lens reveresed on an extension tube-yes I've tried just about every combination possible. With it I am using a Canon flash bounced, two 400 watt daylight bulds.

picture.php

picture.php

..and the image from the screen. Live view is extremely useful to me as you can enlarge in the view finder and manual focus to get as sharp an image as possible.

picture.php

..images of Jolly Bud captured with this set up. They are not my favorites but what I could find for this post. I cannot stress enough how important "NO SHAKE"..absolutely no vibrations, is in this type photography. I actually turn down the old Marantz amp when shooting. I use a 6 foot extension and a chair on rollers, rolling away from the set up, waiting a moment, then closing the shutter. Peace out..DD

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was using my Pime macro lens with the lens reversed. Im going to try my 18-105 tele next time..

ralenti

Hey guys, awesome pictures, let me share some of my first grow, harvest is coming up!
Strain is Sweet Tai by Sweet Seeds.

Highs were a bit blown on this one, but I like the way it shows depth.
P1090077_1.jpg

Early pic
P1090053_1.jpg

Cheers!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pics everyone, never get tired of looking at macros shots!! Cept maybe the spider bman!! heheh thats creeeepy but kinda cool!
Keep em coming :D