What's new

Lumatek ballasts will get you busted

Status
Not open for further replies.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have a quantum and fyi a baby monitor (im a dad) and when my lights turn on that baby monitor goes HAYWIRE like a mother fucker. It also does the same with my lumateks. Now since I am a med card carrier I could give two shits about interference and I will stick with my thoughts HOWEVER if I wasn't legal I would be damn worried and try to reflect or minimize that interference as best I can.

Those cable guys have a way to see signal leaks and a million other things and could pinpoint plenty even though they couldn't 100% say anything one way or another unless they actually saw something.

best thing

1. shovels
2. lime
3. car without a vin
4. no questions

lol

turbolaser4528

Veteran
I have a quantum and fyi a baby monitor (im a dad) and when my lights turn on that baby monitor goes HAYWIRE like a mother fucker. It also does the same with my lumateks. Now since I am a med card carrier I could give two shits about interference and I will stick with my thoughts HOWEVER if I wasn't legal I would be damn worried and try to reflect or minimize that interference as best I can.

Those cable guys have a way to see signal leaks and a million other things and could pinpoint plenty even though they couldn't 100% say anything one way or another unless they actually saw something.

best thing

1. shovels
2. lime
3. car without a vin
4. no questions

lol

I thought the new quantums and lumiteks were rf shielded? and that this stopped happening?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have 3 Purple 2 600 and 1 400. The only problem I had was one of the 600 would not fire a certain bulb(dont remember the bulb) so lumatek sent me a adator free of charge.

GIS

I got a lumatek 1000w a couple years ago on clearance at the grow store, the older style without the dimmer switch, and that store hasn't carried digis since then, perhaps this is the reason why. I found this thread because I was considering upgrading a bunch of ballasts to digi, mainly to reduce the noise, not to mention the light weight when moving them around helps my back out a lot. My lumatek works great with a sun system reflector and horti bulb, but when I tried running it with a xtrasun reflector and horti bulb it blew the bulb up in the first day, never had that issue before with plain old magnetic ballasts.

Ya I will also make this issue with Lumateck "VERY VERY PUBLIC!"

so i purchased a NEW 600 from lumatek, the one that is supposed to be entirely RF free. even after i did extensive research with the company and was ASSURED that the problem was fixed. Well today i get a knock on my door from the cable guy. my 1 digital 600 that i use for veg, has messed up my entire blocks wireless internet, phone, and radio setups. so now im out over a grand on lumatek, the first lumatek i bought blew up 4+ bulbs in the space of a month (worked fine for a month, then went to shit) so to you lumatek i hope you go out of business soon because you are ruining our security with your LIES! come on chris id like to hear you say something to refute this man i really would, id love it even more if you sent me a refund check and let me go back in time 6 months so i never would have bought one of your products!

@b$+r@c+

My Galaxy 6 is 2-3 yrs old, and has served me well.

More than likely these issues have been fixed, but if anyone has found otherwise please post some info.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry guys, as I posted in my own thread, the interference issue still exists with the 2010 model lumateks, with the superlumens switch or whatever.

Definitely don't mess with these ballasts if interference is an issue at all.. Got me a nice series of visits from the cable company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1BaCKOn6I

Not my video, but interesting to see it in action. Same dude tested other brands with similar results. Don't believe all that hype about increased shielding and whatever... It clearly wasn't enough.

localman

In my loudest digital voice i scream "MAGNETIC" its cheaper, and SAFE... My boss runs a 40K grow room, every single one a magnetic ballast...

They are SELLING YOU SHIT YOU DONT NEED!

OLD SCHOOL RULES

prophecy

I've tested my FutureBright 400w Digital ballast with a very cheap radio. At 10 inchs I loose 70% of the radio frequency but at 2 feets I loose only 10% and 2 and half feet I loose nothing! I don't think the FutureBright ballast are RF shielded.

It is possible that the ballast don't interfer with radio frequency but interfer on satelite frequency or once the ballast create noise it interfer on everything?

prophecy

3 year old tread... Lol.

I have 2 (purple) Lumatek 600w ballasts, 1st gen and 2nd gen and I have no issues with line noise.

An in-line filter (such as those sold @ Smarthome) may take care of any interference/line noise issues if they occur.

Something like this may help http://www.smarthome.com/4845ACF/15-Amp-Plug-In-Noise-Filter-AF120/p.aspx

"I plugged it in right next to a noise meter and it made no measurable difference." - MIKE - GALLOWAY, NJ

Looks like that doesn't work!

Lone Wolf

Veteran
wow this is NUTS... i use 2 of these lumatek- 600w DUAL switchable ballasts... they are in my attic... i wonder if them being so high would make them invincible...

this is seriously an issue...

someone needs to invent something QUICK to stop this...

perhaps some sort of cover to put over the ballast?

If this is the way I go down, LUMATEK owners better hide WELL...

prophecy

so i purchased a NEW 600 from lumatek, the one that is supposed to be entirely RF free. even after i did extensive research with the company and was ASSURED that the problem was fixed. Well today i get a knock on my door from the cable guy. my 1 digital 600 that i use for veg, has messed up my entire blocks wireless internet, phone, and radio setups. so now im out over a grand on lumatek, the first lumatek i bought blew up 4+ bulbs in the space of a month (worked fine for a month, then went to shit) so to you lumatek i hope you go out of business soon because you are ruining our security with your LIES! come on chris id like to hear you say something to refute this man i really would, id love it even more if you sent me a refund check and let me go back in time 6 months so i never would have bought one of your products!

Man, bullshit!! I tested a 1000w lumatek today at the hydro store and the very very cheap radio that was at 6 feets from it still clear. I've heard a difference but I'm sure 2 feets away and would have been crystal clear sound. The wires was 15 feets long and in a loop. All the worst condition and no RF.

Your ballast is in YOUUUR appartment and has messed up my entire blocks wireless internet, phone, and radio setups and you are the last to notice that? HUmmmm...you smoke too much or you're just a liar!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
For being such an amazing substance, you think they would mention it at least one time. Makes sense that it would be a great selling point. I've looked at Galaxy's brochure and a few web sites, and this emi suppression isn't mentioned at all.

Lol, we used it in electronics to help hide the secret, simplicity. First time I ever heard it had shielding properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.