What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucienne Butane MSDS

vapeman24

Been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an MSDS for Lucienne Butane. For the guys using it, how does it compare to Vector, King, Power, Mega, Collibri, etc.?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an MSDS for Lucienne Butane. For the guys using it, how does it compare to Vector, King, Power, Mega, Collibri, etc.?

Less than 15ppm contamination in the test results that I saw. It is what we use.

dope_roor

ive recently concluded that KING is no good. i've thought that it was acceptable in the past but a recent side by side comparison with my most updated extraction technique resulted in quite different results. KING extracted oil had this lingering tickle that induced an unavoidable cough out of all test subjects.

ive also found out that POWER and MEGA are the same company, different marketing labels (confirmed by a wholesaler who stocks both brands) and that their refining may not be quite up to 5x but more like 3.5x (this is his quote, where he got those numbers i have no idea). i've found my POWER extracted oils to be better than KING but still not quite as smooth/pure as Lucienne or Vector.

vapeman24

ive recently concluded that KING is no good. i've thought that it was acceptable in the past but a recent side by side comparison with my most updated extraction technique resulted in quite different results. KING extracted oil had this lingering tickle that induced an unavoidable cough out of all test subjects.

ive also found out that POWER and MEGA are the same company, different marketing labels (confirmed by a wholesaler who stocks both brands) and that their refining may not be quite up to 5x but more like 3.5x (this is his quote, where he got those numbers i have no idea). i've found my POWER extracted oils to be better than KING but still not quite as smooth/pure as Lucienne or Vector.

Yes I agree. I have now dones side-to-side comparisons with Vector/King/Mega/Power, and Vector was the best out of all of them. Power creates too much of a "perfume" taste.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Lucienne is much better than Vector IMO. I use the Vector to fill my torches, and the Lucienne for extracting (went through 3 boxes so far this week). I notice a taste from the Vector, that just isn't there from the Lucienne. Funny, because people think Vector is friggin wonderful. :laughing:

vapeman24

Are you guys having them shipped or do you have access at a local store? And, should I encounter any problems with feds having large quantities sent to a home address?

Also, do you really need a $300 minimum order from their website?

BudGood

Veteran
I had boxes shipped from a cigar store in NY, no problems at all...

BudGood

Veteran
Yeah, I found it @ a cigar store, although I searched online to find a good price on Lucienne. Crappy thing is, he no longer stocks Lucienne, he started stocking Jetline. It says 5x, but I'm gonna find out if it's decent with a run in my small okief tube. The glass test was promising, had about the same amount of residue left as the Vector. I only had him send one can out to me so I can try it, if it's half decent I might switch from Lucienne and go with the Jetline...

He did say he could get me Lucienne drop shipped, but he'd need a minimum of 720 cans (a pallet I think, each box is 12 cans). I half considered getting one sent, then just getting rid of a good amount at local cigar stores, head shops, etc... Still pondering if I want to deal with that for a good deal. (I know I could make $ off the deal, getting my butane for little to no cost to me, just alot of hassle.)

I looked locally, best I could find was 5.99 a can, and they had a 2 can maximum. (I think they thought people were huffing it or something!) I got around the 2 can thing by talking to the manager, and explaining to her I needed it to make medicinal extracts for myself and my patients (she looked like a head TBH haha). She gladly sold me 2 cases, for 5.99 per. So after that, I started looking online for better deals. I think it came out to like 3.67 a can w/ shipping, a MUCH better deal! Thats important, as I'm processing pounds of trim for friends, and it can get pricey for 75+ cans! :yoinks:

For anyone who's ever done pounds of trim, my hat goes off to you, it is a SHITLOAD of work! If they weren't such awesome, generous friends, I don't know if I'd wanna do it! Haha! ;)

I've been using a extractionexperts dawt com (ebay is your friend) stainless version of okief's XL, fits between 90ish to 110ish grams of trim at a time, yielding between 9-11 grams each time. Came with 50 micron stainless screens and oil vials. (For anyone who buys a tube from them, MAKE SURE TO CLEAN IT GOOD with iso, took many papertowels to completely clean all the black shit off from the inside and outside of the pipe! I think it was from manufacturing... A small price to pay, for half the price of an XL!) :dance013:

Only pounds left to go! :artist:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I buy 72 can cases of 300ml Lucienne 4X for $132 locally.

I also negotiated a deal with a local smoke shop in Portland, for them to sell any Oregon MMJ cardholder butane for $25 a case of 12 300ml cans.

Oregon allows non resident OMMP card holders, so sounds like a good reason for a visit, or you might try negotiating with a local supplier, by pointing out how much butane business you can steer their way via the local medical forums, and then doing so.

BudGood

Veteran
I tried calling that shop GW, they never got back to me... Left multiple messages... :( It was months ago, however, never tried again after the first few times... Maybe I should try again?

mars503

I buy 72 can cases of 300ml Lucienne 4X for $132 locally.

I also negotiated a deal with a local smoke shop in Portland, for them to sell any Oregon MMJ cardholder butane for $25 a case of 12 300ml cans.

Oregon allows non resident OMMP card holders, so sounds like a good reason for a visit, or you might try negotiating with a local supplier, by pointing out how much butane business you can steer their way via the local medical forums, and then doing so.

also in the portland area, card holder, and looking to pick some up. can you give me the low-down on the location of that store kind sir?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke Signals on Sandy is at about NE 35th and Sandy and they are now up to $30/case.

JColtrane turned us on to an even better deal at

A & S Marketing Inc
1120 SE Morrison Street
Portland, OR 97214-2419

Probably the distributor that SSoS uses, based on the price difference. They are right at $20/case.

SpaceshipNelson

WOW!! That's a significant cost difference from our range of $35-$50 a case in(un-Industrialized) NorCal. [Power5x,Power7x,Vector]

All the more reason recovery suits your pocket book too!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ellusive Lucienne MSDS

The ellusive Lucienne MSDS

Here is a copy of the Lucienne MSDS:

Attachments

• Lucienne butane MSDS-1-1-1.jpg
    Lucienne butane MSDS-1-1-1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Lucienne MSDS 2-1-1.jpg
    Lucienne MSDS 2-1-1.jpg