What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSWM's Vert Donuts 2.0

LSWM

Here's a lame attempt at a picture drop from my phone... I'm failing at getting thumbnails to show up in the post just check the attachments... oh yeah and side ways pics... bleh

First pic is the room, second of the ballasts and nute stand, third is the ghetto sub panel timer setup, fourth and fifth are of the first tray with 10 plants in 1 gal pots mixed strain. 5 strawberry diesel and 5 trainwreck.

Attachments

• 20150816_104919.jpg
    20150816_104919.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150816_104935.jpg
    20150816_104935.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150816_104942.jpg
    20150816_104942.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150816_105012.jpg
    20150816_105012.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150816_105030.jpg
    20150816_105030.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 18

LSWM

Veggies outside!

Lots of Bell peppers, some random squash varieties, and a watermelon!

Attachments

• 20150817_072621.jpg
    20150817_072621.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20150817_072535.jpg
    20150817_072535.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20150817_072525.jpg
    20150817_072525.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150817_072509.jpg
    20150817_072509.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150817_072629.jpg
    20150817_072629.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 14

LSWM

What's up JD!? I been slacking but I'm finallyback on that grind. Still got ventilation issues to deal with but the ladies don't smell quite yet.

I've got some pics of the build but theres no way I'm dealing with that shit on my phone.

The room is super tight to work in but I think the lack of extra space is going to make it perfectly suited to grow in!

Last pics are at day 10 of 12/12.

LSWM

I've had problems with nuisance ants crawling in my drain hole to outside the grow room. I handled that by spraying fipronil foam into the void inside the wall. Same shit I used for carpenter ants at my old spot. Worked like a charm. 24 hours and no signs of ants, and I kept the chems OUTSIDE the grow room.

Next problem I ran into was PM on my squash outside. The essential oils from build a soil killed that. It lasts about a week and requires repeated spraying. Anyone know if neem has any effect on PM?

I've had a few peppers that for sure have tobacco mosaic virus that I isolated and let die. I think some of my squash may have it too. I've been being extremely careful with sterilization as to not infect my indoor garden, although from reading it seems like only certain varieties of tmv infect marijuana, and that the varieties that infect squash only infect certain varieties of peppers. Which could be why only some were effected.

Other problems I've been battling outside have been heat and keeping the plants watered during my adventures to the girls place. I've had my mom come water once during a 3 day absence and they really don't like that. They like to be watrred everyday. The past few days have been 103*F and I've yet to construct shade for them outside. I can't imagine we will be hitting triple digits again this season but who knows.

Indoor environment has been about perfect, 72-82*F and 50-70% humidity, but I have no negative pressure or carbon filtration happening at the moment. Still working on figuring that one out. I may try to recirculate within the room without negative pressure but I'm afraid the smell may leak out of the window AC...

Foreman000

Hey LSWM. Hope all is good. this run until you fine tune things I'd stick with that window banger & add a fan going 24/7 recirculating with a carbon filter. Not blowing into your house. I like the smell of my room but I don't want guests smelling that as soon as they come in. Your room is slightly bigger than mine and that's my way of doing things for the moment. No smell coming out of there & im at day 64. I'm having luck with it. In a the end you gotta feel safe. Just throwing it out there. Wish you luck either way. Glad to see you keeping us up to date. Your plants look healthy & your room clean & well organized. Make it happen captain! Take care.

Miraculous Meds

I think neems supposed to work but I don't think It will do well. check out potassium bicarboncate (green cure), or baking soda. sulphur usually smells a bit too much for my liking. all r organic if u want to go that route. n they have the same moa I believe, high ph kills off the pm.

on the neg pressure issue, some air will leak out the ac guaranteed. its bad if u have a pungent stinky strain running. what I do to combat just scrubbing is circulate between my veg n flower, so im exhausting in a sense to each room, creating an almost exhaust like air exchange thru the carbon filters.

LSWM

Hey foreman! My boy runs 6k in a room and recirculates with the carbon scrubber snd I can always smell when he's in late flower. His room is sealed with a minisplit and co2 also. It's never so bad that if I didn't know what was up I would question it, but I'm not comfortable with that in my current location.

MM! This is the conclusion I came to as well. Unfortunately the veg space is a 20"x6'x7' area. Not much room for anything in there really, but it does share a small piece of wall between it and the grow room so I'm just gonna have to cut some holes and make it work. I may setup two air cooled hoods and run two 400w MH in there if I can get it all set up. It's def not enough space to veg for the stacked 2k trays I'm trying to get into next run but we'll see.

Thanks for checking in guys!

LSWM

Hey MM, can I use a simple pH up product with potassium carbonate, potassium silicate, and potassium hydroxide? What pH sould I spray at? Do you have any idea if hard tap water would have any effect? The pH of my tap is like 8.5...

I don't have any baking soda on hand but could easily get some, obviously.

Miraculous Meds

Hey MM, can I use a simple pH up product with potassium carbonate, potassium silicate, and potassium hydroxide? What pH sould I spray at? Do you have any idea if hard tap water would have any effect? The pH of my tap is like 8.5...

I don't have any baking soda on hand but could easily get some, obviously.

Sorry I don't have any answers for that. seems logical that it might work, but id use a specific treatment plan with a proven pm product like I mentioned. not sure about the mixing rates or target ph, as I haven't used them in a long time. im sure a quick search will get ya what u need.

LSWM

I'm guessing this isn't the place to post this question since most people in the vert section don't seem to be in my area, but...

I'm looking to expand my stable. I want some elite clone only strains and I don't want to fuck with seeds or fake/worthless genetics. I am in Southern California and I'm desperately trying not to have to make a trip up north, but that's beginning to look like my only option...

If anyone has any SOLID leads feel free to PM me. Thanks guys!

LSWM

MM, I figured a search would serve me well, just being lazy and was hoping you had an answer! Haha, thanks again bud!

LSWM

Ain't hard to find someone selling cuts of fire, but actually getting what you pay for is much harder indeed.

LSWM

One of my boy's that helped me get started growing, that's only been in the game for a year longer than me, has both ac/dc and some gsc.

Apparently he promised the guy he got them from he wouldn't give them out. Such typical SoCal bullshit. I've been told that from everyone that has given me strains. Idk how it is elsewhere, but sharing doesn't seem all that harmful. If someone has skills they are going to kill it either way.

indocult

Hey man, good job on getting stuff up and running again!

Holy cow triple digits? oh wait so cal nvm i thought you were in co.

loving this vert setup, I picked up a lot more lamps lately and ran them in hoods to keep the temps in check... and also because I wasn't positive on how to implement them in a large room.

Are these regular 4x4 square tables with trelling going up?? are the trellis in octagon shape? How many per table? do you just make a donut on a 4x4 table basically?

Good luck on the Search man, I've been trying to find some myself lately after coming to Oregon. I can get cuts all day for sure, but not what I really want haha.

Still doing the coco with Jacks? I'm about to go back to coco from organic soil in one room because it's less guess work. Got a couple weeks worth of GH nutes left, was about to get either h&g or try the jacks.

for the heat issue, is sealed with an AC an option?

LSWM

Quick answers while I'm driving:

Yes. 4x4 trays. Octagon trellis goes floor to ceiling. ~56" diameter. There are 10 in 1 gal pots on 1 tray. 7 in 2 gallon on the other two trays. Total of 24. Way too many but I just have been hacking branches off left and right. Basically donuts tied back to an octagon of trellis.

Still dtw multifeed drip in coco with jacks and ro. So easy.

Fuck h&g. What you would spend on 1 run of h&g will buy you 50lb of Jack's which will last you longer than you know what to do with. I have gotten 5 full 3k runs + fed outdoor plants and I still have 25 lbs or so? Easily worth $150.

I have no heat issues in the room. It's basically sealed with AC right now. No co2 though.

indocult

Right on thx for the quick response

Yeah i was getting to that point on the jacks... did u buy yours locally or have it shipped,? If shipped, where from? The jacks hydro, cal nit, and their bloom booster... or just the first two?

Individual pumps on each tray or one for everything or?

Sry for all the q's, I'm trying to get back on that vert coco game... 2p+ per lamp with not too much work is nice.

LSWM

I ordered online, but they definitely ship it in a box that says Jack's plant nutrients on the side. UPS guy didn't bat an eye no idea about your neighbors though.

Jack's hydro/calnit is all you need. I ran some bloom booster last time but only 1lb. I used it up. Plants seemed to like it. Arminius ran it for like 5 weeks of the cycle even without Calcium in it and loved his results. I'll definitely be buying more when I purchase more Hydro/CalNit. Shipping is just too expensive otherwise.

I've turned two of my friends that run soil for outdoor veggies onto it. Both turned to coco and ro with jacks and no adjusters, then use the wastewater from the ro to water their soil plants.

I've got like 6 pumps in there right now. 1 for each tray and timer for each. Then 1 to mix nutes and another to pump them from the 55gal res into the smaller res with all my pumps. There's also another one to fill a 5 gal bucket with when I need to water my outdoor plants. You can get away with 1 pump for 3 trays but you need valves and it can get complicated getting the watering right using only 1 timer.

I use the cheap $13 ecoplus 396 gph pumps. Cheap and effective. Reliability hasn't been a real issue but they are so cheap I can have extras on deck no problem..

LSWM

I got the ventilation holes cut and both filters and fans hung. Just need to finish the ducting and ensuring everything is light tight between veg and flower and I'm good to go!

I even managed to get the full 55gal reservoir moved and the stand with the ballasts moved as well while I had my boy here helping me hang the filters.

Stretch is finally slowing down and the leaves are starting to stack. I'm heading to see the girl tonight and won't be back at the spot until Saturday. Should be gone less that 48 hours. Should have some flowers starting by then.

Latest posts

Latest posts