What's new

LST, supercropping and topping in smart pots help, please

2 Legal Co

Veteran
A friend of mine, uses nylon netting tied down and out to the corners of his enclosure. Lets them grow up through and then ties them down to the netting. Works for him very well.

I use a piece of wire fencing 2"x4" holes suspended over the plants. I scrog them (2 ea), lollypopped (topped with 8 branches left on each plant. Since I'm lazy, I just kept pulling the tips of the branches down and out. Keeping them under the wire. When the pattern is 'full', I go to 12-12 and let them grow up through the wire. I got between 80-140 'colas', all growing/developing on top of the wire. (All side branches become a short cola 5-8"s in length). Pruning most of the leaves under the wire, and virtually all of the large leaves on top of the wire as well, since they always shade a bud site. lol

We both use T5 floros from start to finish. Well, he sometimes turns on the HPs to make them go faster and bigger. There is 8 sq. ft. of pattern under one T5 4' 8 tube.

Doing it this way makes SOG seem 'well spaced'. It's almost dark under the 'heads' by cutting time.

If you go to my album, you can see what I'm trying to say.. maybe. I'm not a whizbang fottygraffer I'm afraid. lol

My first and only run brought in almost a # lightly trimmed and dryer than the proverbial fart. :) AK47s were the selected strain. Each plant took 6 half gallon jars, well packed to cure them.

This of course needs to be done After you've done the final transplant, because you don't get to move them much after the net or wire goes on. Tying them down is more work and a lot tougher to get them 'level', from what I see.

With all the lumens from the sun she could turn into a beast. Just don't bloom them until you've got the pattern 'full'. ..... Keeping the tip of each branch down below the wire, makes all 'branch tips' a main tip. So LOTS of colas. :biggrin::biggrin: I read it in here somewhere, and found it to be true. Search HST, with any luck you'll find what I'm talking about. And whoever posted it was way more descriptive than I'm capable of. Sorry bout that.

Emeraldo

Well,... it depends on your style of growing really.

Smart pots are great for training using plant tape (double sided velcro) because the hook side will stick to the pot! No need for holes, and repositioning is as easy as peel and stick!!! ;)

That's a great tip. Thanks!

HqFarms

It's all strain dependant. Some strains don't like to be topped or fim'd. It takes too long for them to recover. There are so many techniques because everyone likes to do something different also because some plants don't respond well too certain things. Try something different on each plant and see which one responds the best. How long are you vegging for?