What's new

Low's flower and grow-show 2010

updates week 12

updates week 12

Here's pix of me males..

Groupshot

Hashberry on the left, Amnesia Kush on the right..
Hashberry male top

Amnesia Kush male top

the dusty stuff is male pollen (obviously, but incase ya didn't know..,now ya know;))

Here's pix of me females:
Groupshot

apologies for the HPS yellowness...

Amnesia Kush 5
Topshot
Fullsize

Amnesia Kush 1
Topshot
Fullsize

Hashberry
Topshot
Fullsize

~~~~Notes~~~~~
Well it seems the pollen took, there's already a couple of orange hairs on all the ladies and on closer inspection there's already a couple of swollen calyxes so i'd say new seeds are in the making :jump:..which also means that the males have served their purpose and are gonna be composted this weekend.
I'm kinda surprised by the structure of the Amnesia Kush's since the male was such a lanky fella i'd expected the females to shoot up as well but they've not stretched much at all so far..:thinking:
oh well, i've got the space incase they do decide to grow some legs :D

Well that's it for this week
Laterz, Low

updates week 13

updates week 13

Everything is doing good
Here's the pix
Apologies for the HPS yellowzz..
Amnesia Kush#1
Fullsize

Top piccy 01

Top piccy 02

Amnesia Kush #5
Fullsize

Twin Tops

Hashberry
Fullsize

~~~~~~~~~~notes~~~~~~~~~~
they've been fed bloom nutes only today, i'll start the bloom boosters in a week or two..
~~~~~~end notes~~~~~~~

The Northern Lights unfortunately stalled and died on me, fortunately i've just recieved me pack of Cheeheads's NYLD's so i've dropped two of those str8 into moist soil in me propagator, excited to see what's going to happen with those...
Have a good weekend!
Laterz, Low

@VG:Yup I agree, he was looking really really good so I'm very happy with the new seeds, they should be rockin' :D
thanx for y'r visit! :tiphat:
Laterz, Low

updates week 14

updates week 14

Here's the pixx...

Amnesia Kush #1

Amnesia Kush #5

Hashberry

The damaged leaves are from waterdroplets that acted as magnifying glass...and the yellowness of the leaves of AK#5 :dunno: probably overfert??
Hashberry is fully seeded, don't expect to get enough green of that to smoke but there's always drysift..:D

Laterz, Low

Auto's week 1

Auto's week 1

I've started some auto-flower beanz,

2x Cheesey's NYLD

3x GreenLabelSeeds Automatic Mary

2x GreenHouseSeedCo Green-O-Matic

Piccy's:

The NYLD's have already had 36 hours of pre-soak, i'm sincerely hopin' they'll crack now cause i've already messed up two other ones...soaked them, then planted them in moist soil but they've just rotted so...the paper towel method hopefully works better..

Genetic backgrounds..
The Cheesehead NYLD's are made from a cross between NYCD, Lowryder and Lemon Skunk...see linky..Cheesehead's NY Auto's

The Automatic Mary's are made from a Ruderalis x Santa Maria cross..

The Green-O-Matic is a cross made from Ruderalis, Moroccan genetics, White Dwarf, Lowryder..

Thats all for now,
Laterz, Low

Updates Week 15 Hashberry & Amnesia Kush F2's

Updates Week 15 Hashberry & Amnesia Kush F2's

Hi all,

Here's pixx
Hashberry

Amnesia Kush F2's #1

Amnesia Kush F2's #5

They've been flushed a little because i'd been too enthusiastic with their feeds 2 weeks back..have fed them a moderate dose of bloom and topmaxx today..
5 more weeks to go..give or take a few days because i'm thinking the Hashberry is gonna be ready sooner :plant grow: :D
Laterz, Low

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heheheheh....you using "rose buckets"??? If so, I love those 1.7g square deep containers....

dank.Frank

Hey DF,
No, no rose-pots..I know what ya mean though...I'm using 0.5 ltr square pots..I know I shoulda repotted them already but i'm gonna see how far I can take em in these "tiny" pots...
Thanx for visiting!
:wave:
Laterz,Low

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man...sorry to hear about the autos...maybe they will come up yet??? Don't give up hope on them!! (I still hope a PBT will show up....lol)

And woooaaahhh buddy...what's going on with those Amnesia...looks like burn...

dank.Frank

Hey DF :wave:
Yup they burnin..sigh..very picky eaters those..so gonna flush again and maybe feed them some..checked for rootbound-ness but nope! that's not the case either..
About the auto's..i've pitched those already because i'd tried the pinch-test to see if they were even viable after 9 (!!!) days in damp towels.. and they all went to mush..:mad: :mad: so i've dropped some more in plain water gonna try germing them like that again cause it's the only method that's proven to work for me so far..i've even resorted to scuffin the pointed edges of the NYLD's those are tough buggers to crack man!
Thanks for checkin' in! ;)
Laterz, Low

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta remember you are working with some fine sativas there and they feed a bit lighter over a longer period of time...you'll get them dialed...

Yeah, I think I drowned some of the Bubba Kush x Grape Krush and Moguls on my last seed drop....really upset me...I know the feeling!

I think you'll have much better results this next time around!

dank.Frank

Hey DF thanx for the encouragements :thank you: it really helps ease me mind by knowing i'm not the only one who's got problems getting their grow dialed in and getting their new beanz to germ ;)..
And on that note..i've repotted the Amnesia Kush's, they might not seem too rootbound yet but they've still got some time to go, 4 weeks maybe more so i figured they could do with some more root-space..haven't fed them anything yet other then plain ole tap-water. And at least 3 out of the five auto beanz that i dropped in the water have cracked already and are showing me some taproot,1 green-o-matic and 2 auto-mary's, the NYLD's haven't cracked yet..

Laterz, Low

Today i've planted the two Auto-Mary's which had germed nicely, and the two Green-O-Matic's which had also germed quickly, now I only have to wait for the NYLD to crack..hopefully...:drum:

Laterz, Low

updates week 17

updates week 17

Well let's start with the NYLD beanz...I don't know what i'm doing wrong but these buggers just will not crack!! :mad: :wallbash: so for now...i'm letting them lie in the seed drawer for another time..the other auto's have all cracked and since i've planted them they've all got their lil heads above soil..decided to plant my last Green-O-Matic bean in the dirt without any pre-germin in a glass of water...lets see how fast it will sprout...

My Hashberry is already dropping seeds here and there so i've collected the few that dropped and planted them straigh to dirt this afternoon just to check viability..

Here's the pixx

Amnesia Kush F2's #1

Amnesia Kush F2's #5

Apologies for the shaggy look of Amnesia Kush #5, when i got her out of her small pot to go into the bigger pot some soil fell out and got stuck on all the resin this baby is producing...

Hashberry

The Hashberry hasn't been fed for weeks and is still going strong! :respect: to topnotch genetics...the Amnesia Kush's are very finicky eaters but that's prolly my own fault by overfeeding them when they were young..:cuss: they're still burning so i'm planning on not feeding them anything anymore and just flush the hell out of them..:frown:

That's it for this week's update!
Laterz, Low

harvest report

harvest report

Here's pixx:

Complete Hashberry harvest:
Buds:

Seeds:

Complete Amnesia Kush harvest
Seeded Buds:

Seeds:

The Amnesia Kush plants were not nearly as seeded as the Hashberry plant so i'm expecting to be pickin more Amnesia Kush seeds out of the buds when I choose to smoke some :D so the Amnesia Kush Seeds Harvest will continue for awhile but i'm stoked anyway because i've got me some Amnesia Kush f3's :jump::dance013:

I also "harvested" about 9.8 grammes of dry trim which i'll be keeping for jointfiller and/or dry-sieving with me lil shakerbox.
That about wraps up this grow.

Laterz!
Low

Well I'm back with two Special Queen ladies,
One has already grown to 8 pairs of leaves and the other has just grown her second pair of true leaves..I've switched the lights to 12/12 yesterday.
Both ladies are in an 45 ltr Aerofarm under 3x 65wtt warmwhite CFLs

Latest posts

Latest posts