What's new

Lowryder #2 - Soil

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol at the asda comment. They won't have superthrive at asda :D Then again, I don't think we have anything comparable to walmart really.

Any garden centre should carry it. Looks like this (picture magic):

gal1.gif

gal2.gif

:wave:

King llama

Anything with that much writing on it must be good :tongue:

They do have stores that they are calling ASDA Wallmart supercentres now! It's only a matter of time before they sell everything under the sun lol.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:eek: I hope they don't start Walmarting everything now. It always amazes me how they fit all the writing on such a tiny bottle, I'm sure the 50 ml ones come with all that on it :D

How are the lowryder doing mate?

King llama

I think these plants are males, not 100% sure so thought I'd post some pics, Sorry in adavance for the crappy photo's. Hopefully you'll be able to tell something from them.

Take it easy,

Llama

King llama

I have 3 confirmed females and 2 that I'm not quite sure about. So that's a possible 5/10 which isn't too shabby.

I haven't been able to find Superthrive anywhere though, I'll keep looking.

Take it easy,

Llama

King llama

Supacalabala said:
For LR the males flower Before the Fems. Males are around day 17 and females around day 21.

Cheers mate, I also read about that from the joint doctors recommendations. Hopefully the last 2 to show sex are females and not stunted males. It's been well over 21 days since the sprouts broke ground.

I don't have a good enough camera to post pictures of the pistils on my female plants. :puppydoge

Here's hoping the rest are female.

Last edited:
just a little advice for next time.

get 14oz Styrofoam cups, pop 4 holes in a circle fashion on the bottom, put some lava rocks at the bottom for drainage, then fill with miracle grow soil, water, and plant the seed. Under decent lighting, they should fill up the cup, and by this I mean root ball for a firm cup form, in about 4 weeks. From there, you can transplant accordingly to your space limitations :0) This will leave for easy transplants!

Also, Superthrive is high in B1, Nitrogen, among other nutrients. If you're using any kind of organic nutrients, you shouldn't need to worry with the SuperThrive :0) I personally use Blood Meal and Bat Guano during veg, and have never run into transplant problems :0)

Glad to hear the plants have gotten better! Cannabis plants have surprised me many a times, personally. I'll be checking back in to see how your grow goes :0)

-Herby

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotta call shenanigans on that miracle grow recommendation - it is not good compared to a decent mix. It may be readily available but that's it's only saving grace in my opinion. :wave:

FarmerJoe

Yeah, use an organic potting soil or some sort of mix of it

Good luck on the LR girls man, tell us how the smoke is when shes done.

Last edited:

King llama

Sammet said:
I gotta call shenanigans on that miracle grow recommendation - it is not good compared to a decent mix. It may be readily available but that's it's only saving grace in my opinion. :wave:

I must say I've heard the same things about Miracle grow products so I'll steer clear of them. I'm using Biobuzz allmix soil at the moment and haven't had any problems, plants seem to love it :yummy: . I've just noticed that there is some yellowing to the bottom leaves on 3 of the plants so i shall be starting them on some weak bloom nute tomorrow. The product is Tailormade sollutions on part bloom and it recommends 3-5ml per litre of water. So far I've mixed up a sollution of 2.5ml per litre and am letting it stand for 24 hours as per the instructions. Do you guys think that will be weak enough?

The last 2 plants to show sex were female and all male plants have now been removed so the girls have a lot more space. If the last two were males I was going to do a seed run but I think it's worth growing out 5 females to smoke.

On the subject of transplanting I made some easy transplant bottles and I will be using these from the start next grow.

1. Take a 2 litre bottle

2. Remove the top and cut the bottle in half near the bottom. Cut small slits around both halves of the bottle so that they push together easily.

3. Duct tape them togther and cover in tinfoil for light proofing

Now when it comes to transplant all I have to do is remove the duct tape and place the bottle in the new pot. Sure it wastes vertical space but it adds support and lowryders are only little anyway.

FarmerJoe, Herbatonist cheers for stopping by, I'll keep updating. Should be borrowing a better camera soon so I can post some quality pics.

Take it easy,

Llama

Last edited:
Dammit the LR I had going is a male. I have yet to grow out LR2 yet but my experience with LR1 is that they love the nitrogen. I sure the same holds true for LR2. I'm down to about 20 seeds from a seed run I did 2 years ago, maybe it's time to make some more.

King llama

Just a quick update to show the yellowing on the lower leaves of the plants, this plant is the most severely affected. It looks like an N def to me but what the hell do I know.

Look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Take care,

Llama

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good KL - looking hungry too! Just a little N needed and they'll green back up nicely. That info on the transplanting is good - My cheese and sweet tooth have been in jiffy coir pots but I've found they're not great for drainage, so I'm going back to regular pots and a method like above.

And your nutes sound fine, maybe a little strong. If it's their first feed, I'd go for 1-2ml per litre and then increase it a little each week. It should take a day or two for the yellowing to regreen :D

Yeh just a shot of nitrogen will perk them up. If the leaf tips start to burn then you've over done it. But like I said these things love the N. Looking good so far what day are you by?

King llama

I'm on day 24 now since sprout. I've mixed up a 1.5ml nute to 1L water sollution which is currently being left to stand. I'll give them a blast of it this evening and see what happens.

I'll keep you guys posted, honestly can't thank you guys enough for the help.

Take it easy,

Llama

King llama

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, been very busy with Christmas and visiting family and such.

The lowryder 2's are doing fine, 40 days from sprout and they are covered in crystals and really starting to pack out the buds. I can't wait, they smell damn fine :joint:

I'm slightly worried about 1 plant though, it is the biggest one and is still showing extreme yellowing around it's lower leaves. I will post a full photo update tomorrow when the plants wake up.

Hope you had a good holiday,

Llama

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: extreme yellowing on the older leaves? N hungry maybe? If it's anything like the photo above, give her some nutes! :D

King llama

Day 41 - A proper update.

All the plants have been put into 2 litre pots in addition to their 2 litre bottles. The transplant was much better than the last time, the pre cut bottles made it nice and simple.

I have been giving them weekly feedings of bloom nutes and a weak bud enhancing supplement.

Anyway on with the pictures.

Sammet said:
:wave: extreme yellowing on the older leaves? N hungry maybe? If it's anything like the photo above, give her some nutes! :D

I'm not sure what is up with this plant it is by far the tallest but has the least buds and the yellowing is getting worse. Also it has started showing red blotches on some of the leaves. Hopefully you can see it in the picture, sorry about the blur.

All the other plants are 100% healthy.

Take it easy,

Llama