What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lowryder #2 question

D

dreamci

hello, this is my first grow and growing a lowryder #2, i know its autoflowering but can someone tell me how long light should i give, right now i am giving it 18/6 , its 6 days old, here is picture:

4l3ejd.jpg

L

loc

There are a few people that do 20/4 on them.They say it makes tighter buds.

D

dreamci

so i never change it because its auto flowering? and i think my light is not powerfull enough here it is:

r75gyu.jpg

i also have white widow seed , if i want to grow it then should i give it 18/6 too?
thanks for answers

You definitely need more light for an appreciable yield. If you are located in the US you can pick up a bathroom fixture for 7-10 bucks. With some socket splitters and 6 26watt CFL's you can put out a descent amount of light for both veg and flower.

Just a word of caution, it looks like you may be overwatering your little one. Make sure that you dont let the soil get really soggy as you can reduce root growth and be at risk for infections. Its better to water less and add more if you see issues than it is to just soak the soil.

For AF's you should keep the light schedule on 24 hours or 20/4. With low light levels, however, I would keep it on 24 hours. You can veg the same way with your WW, but the difference comes from how flowering occurs. You will have to use 12/12 to get your WW to flower, which is not necessary for your LR2.

D

dreamci

hello , thanks for reply, is my light 18watt or 100watt, and its CFL right?, i germinated 2 g13 power skunk and a white widow so now i have 4 plants how many watts do i need now and also i heard that i have to use 6400 k in vegging and 2700 k in flowering so how can i do that also do u think my plant is a bit slow growing ? i germinated it 6 days ago now its here (i've broken 1 leaf accidently thats why it has 3 leafs):

143ncy9.jpg

6howm1.jpg

thanks for your time

Botanist

You need to go to the store and find a CFL that fits your lamp with the most lumens. Then i would suggest letting that soil dry out a bit.

snork

It is 18W advertised as "as bright for the human eye as a 100W oldstyle lightbulb". I can't tell you if it's a CFL, I am not yet really familiar with the English grow vocabulary.
"G13 Super Power skunk" or whatever the name - I do not know this strain but it does not exactly sound "cheap and good for beginners" to me. Well now it is there, good luck with it.

And I second all that madgravity said.
Just that 4 of those CFLs (s)he recommends (~100W) will also work imo, but more Watts (e.g. the 156W (s)he suggests) will most probably raise the possible yield.

D

dreamci

while i was reading forums i learned that the part that i broke is called cotyledons and its very important for the plant:( do u think will this plant grow good without one of cotyledons

D

dreamci

hello , today i bought 4 23w daylight , do u think its good for my plants, how many plant can i run with 4x23w . thanks

D

dreamci

currently my lights are daylight and plants are vegging so do i have to buy another warmlights for flowering? what happens if i use current ones

Yes, warmer lights will be better during the flowering stage. For the meantime, make sure that you keep those lights as close to the plant tops as possible for tighter node growth (less extra vertical growth or less stretching). Do you have a fan on the plants for ventilation? This will help them grow thicker stems and allow you to place lights closer without burning.

As far as your questions on the CFLS, the wattage you should go by is the 23w. It puts out the same amount of light as a typical white light bulb that uses 100w (but it is highly inefficient for growing). This allows us to use many more CFL's within a given power envelope and can produce a respectable lumen count. For 3-6 plants I would recommend 6 to 8 23w CFL's. Anything less and the yield is so low it becomes a costly (time-wise) endeavor.