What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lower Alabama gorilla grow with Humboldt seed company stock

JusB

So camping in woods for the season. No exit until dun.
Strains selected to hopefully avoid all plagues 😆
Plan to only spray bt and mkp
Dichotomous earth the soil mixed in the soil as I plant and around the stalk on top of ground for white ants or whatever the fuck they are. They can be a problem in this area eating the inside of your stalk out basically overnight. Like a termite or sum. Mabee that's what they are but I've had them saw down some butes a week or so br harvest.

Strains selected are caramel cream, the Bling, and Lemon Kush.

Any advice welcome. I'm an old school grower indoor and outdoor gorilla so not dumb, and always willing to learn

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_063500_975~2.jpg
    IMG_20230608_063500_975~2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 50

JusB

Also plan is to pollinate a Carmel cream and a bling with the most vigorous male lemon Kush, which is why I got the regular seeds for that strain.
The plants will all be in a solitary place each so only the buds I want to seed will be getting pollinated
Huge source of seed stock to make a selection from a large pool immediately after the harvest going indoor with a 1,000 seed selection of crosses so look to find something nice

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a great garden! Going camping and not coming back till its done, should end up with a nice crop. Are you drying outdoors? How are you going to set that up? I dry outdoors, check out my thread to see how I did it with hunting tarps over rope tied between trees in a ring.

Yeah stem borers can be a real pain. The plants can survive though if the stem damage doesn't cause it to break in high wind from my experience.

If you are interested in breeding successfully be sure to check out The Potcast hosted by @Heavy Dayze which has interviews with breeders and other people in the cannabis industry.

Selecting keeper phenotypes takes time and make sure to be diligent about labeling and categorizing correctly. Smoke test one toke at a time every few minutes to determine terpenes and effect the best.

When breeding to produce a line, you may want to get some more true breeding lines to make the initial crosses so that the offspring will be more predictable. When starting a breeding project with highly selected hybrids, the offspring will be more varied, and it may be hard to lock in certain phenotypes within the population except through taking clones.

My Sativa Candy Chunk F12 has become pretty stable and is becoming true breeding for potency and terpenes. Use at least 2 males to maintain genetic diversity of the line and think of it as a population instead of a single cross for best success. :smoke:

Any pics? What are you doing for fertilizer outdoors?

JusB

I have taken no pics yet. I got all supplies and self hiked in a little late and just got seedlings from peat pods trey to home. Built 1/4 holes wire cage about 2" deep about 8" high just twist tied together at the top, I'll open as baby ready to bust through. Critter protection, in the past without I would loose about 70% to critters. This way, I protectin my asssss ets...😆🌱💯
Burned the wire takes away shiny metal color turns black😉
Yes dry here, I'm here now, won't be back out. Yeah the plan is to hang and protect with foiledge unless rain comes then I would make arrangements.
I have manuers,
Chicken, cow, Peruvian seabird, Indonesian bat, Mexican bat.
Also have kelp meal
Dolomite
And as a cheater, as I mentioned about spraying foliar monopotasium phosphate. I will also water some of this good bud boosting yum yum lowest on the salt index SALT...in sporadically throughout the grow.
As for breeding, I'm not really that, as u said I'll be looking for mother's to clone from these offspring. I'll clone and indoor them from there. Mabee cross one with something different later but I'm not into developing seed strain for sale. I'm only interested in creating unique bud. Yes. Labeling and grow journal is as u said... mandatory.😉💯🌱

mountainoutlaw

Hey there hillbilly, im camping this season as well, been a while since i been down your way, had some nice harvest in southern ga and northern alabam/tennesse mountain area.

Gets rough dont it. Ill be following, take care in them deer woods, im going town on weekends for r and r and supplies, damn racoons dug up my cucumber, squash, cause they smelled that kelp water i believe, idk...but im trappin em everynight now. Later on dude

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds great! Do you grow in beds or individual holes? Hope the rains show up for you! Looking forward to some pics! Sounds like some good ferts. Are you a little bit late? How big are the seedlings? :smoke:

Raccoons are mean. If you can leave on a radio to deter them is what my neighbor does. He had sweet corn last year!

St. Phatty

So camping in woods for the season. No exit until dun.
Strains selected to hopefully avoid all plagues 😆
Plan to only spray bt and mkp
Dichotomous earth the soil mixed in the soil as I plant and around the stalk on top of ground for white ants or whatever the fuck they are. They can be a problem in this area eating the inside of your stalk out basically overnight. Like a termite or sum. Mabee that's what they are but I've had them saw down some butes a week or so br harvest.

Strains selected are caramel cream, the Bling, and Lemon Kush.

Any advice welcome. I'm an old school grower indoor and outdoor gorilla so not dumb, and always willing to learn

Are you saying you are camping in the woods for 4 or 5 months straight ?

Hope you got good mosquito netting !

& that the bears leave your water supplies alone.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
True Guerrilla gardening people live outdoors with the plants during the growing season. It's common practice here and for the most part anywhere in the US. Cartels have been squatting and taking advantage of large plots of land close to water since the beginning green rush.

If any seasonal guerrillas read this "please, please ,please," pick up your trash and clean up the area before you leave. Guerrillas have a bad reputation for raping and mutilating the landscape. #1 excuse is they don't want to bring heat on them when they leave so they leave the trash behind. Please bury it if you can't move it out.

Latest posts

Latest posts