What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low thc strains, high terps

Lolo94

You should look for Sativa landraces with low THC. I am growing Ethiopian right now, it has about 6-12% THC and almost no CBD and it is high in THCv.
I've read that CBD is an antagonist to THCV. What's interesting though is that in Panama Red CBD (bred for CBD production), the breeders also mentioned that high THCV phenos also occasionally appear.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of people use Hemp for there medical needs. These have higher amounts of CBD than their THC cousins. You need to look at THCa as well. Anything with high THCa levels will be high in THC when Heated. You won't be able to tell hemp from Drug type from looks. IMO you will enjoy the highs from most with a good mix of THC/CBD/Terpenes. Lots can experience paranoia due to the lack of CBD. I agree it's not only about high THC anymore. The more the better but terpenes/CBD also play a big role in high type.

cbotany

Hoku has some real nice mixed ratio/ low THC stuff that are tasty,I'm a fan of there oz haze. Also high altitude genetics has a bunch of very tasty CBD cultivars. I'm a fan of The Pink Panther strain and other related lines.
I'm pretty good friends with the owner of hoku!

endgegner

I've read that CBD is an antagonist to THCV. What's interesting though is that in Panama Red CBD (bred for CBD production), the breeders also mentioned that high THCV phenos also occasionally appear.

CBD weakens THC in general. It makes it a bit weaker and more narcotic and less psychedelic. THCv in particular is what is supposed to make you more uplifted.
In combination with a low THC content, those Sativa landraces work like a psychedlic coffee. They are good for being productive and should cause less paranoia than a high THC sativa with little to no CBD.

Coming back to the terps:
And sativa landraces are the ones that usually have cooler terps than the indica landraces. A lot of indica landraces are earthy while sativa landraces tend to be more fruity. But there are also indica landraces with cool terps like Maple Leaf Indica and some people may even like those earthy strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts