What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low thc strains, high terps

cbotany

Hey guys, this might be an odd question but dose anyone enjoy lower thc strains? I find myself lately going towards f1 hybrids with low/no thc feral plants more than going for the higher thc strains i have, they just seem more enjoyable and more "clean", I'm just kinda curious if i'm the only one, I see these massive pushes for thc to hit 30% but to me, those strains never have the same "kindness" We're all looking for different things out of these plants, I'm just curious to hear your thoughts?

Lolo94

If you like lower THC with a higher CBD:THC rafio, check out Panama Red CBD if still available. I think it was available through Coastal seeds and later Equilibrium Genetics. Interesting combination of up high, while also relaxing. No indica comedown, just pleasant.

Hey guys, this might be an odd question but dose anyone enjoy lower thc strains? I find myself lately going towards f1 hybrids with low/no thc feral plants more than going for the higher thc strains i have, they just seem more enjoyable and more "clean", I'm just kinda curious if i'm the only one, I see these massive pushes for thc to hit 30% but to me, those strains never have the same "kindness" We're all looking for different things out of these plants, I'm just curious to hear your thoughts?
I'm not sure how low THC you are talking about, but for myself and my friends, we tend to smoke stuff in the 18 -20% range. Nothing "wrong" with higher THC, but it can get overbearing and kind of drown out the other cannabinoids/terpenes. I grow my own, and at the end of the day I like to sit down and just slowly savor the flavor and effects.

midwestkid

Veteran
If you like lower THC with a higher CBD:THC rafio, check out Panama Red CBD if still available. I think it was available through Coastal seeds and later Equilibrium Genetics. Interesting combination of up high, while also relaxing. No indica comedown, just pleasant.
its also availabe through crickets and cicadas @ labyrinth seed co

cbotany

I'm not sure how low THC you are talking about, but for myself and my friends, we tend to smoke stuff in the 18 -20% range. Nothing "wrong" with higher THC, but it can get overbearing and kind of drown out the other cannabinoids/terpenes. I grow my own, and at the end of the day I like to sit down and just slowly savor the flavor and effects.
I consider 2%-14% lower thc :)

CaptainDankness

I definitely still like some of the old school strains, Skunk hybrids and all. Not sure how low of THC they really are, I've seen Critical Mass tested around 20% before. I know Skunk #1 isn't supposed to be too strong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can get close to 20% on one.

Now if you want CBD/THC you definitely have some options.

midwest

Blackberry and its crosses
Strong flavor, dark purple, low potency

This is a black russian pictured

Attachments

• 6815br22222.jpg
    6815br22222.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 6815br111.jpg
    6815br111.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 23

Kimes

I love "daddy bud" especially around family or other situations where one just wants to be crisp in the head, but relaxed otherwise.

Beldia moroccan landrace from Khalifa was great in that regard. Some other CBD-leaning strains too

Stizo

Veteran
KC Brains weed is high terp, lower THC or at least the varieties I've tried. Real lovely smells off those plants. I call it dad weed because I think it's for dads who don't want to be blitzed and able to do daily stuff unimpeded.

goingrey

KC Brains weed is high terp, lower THC or at least the varieties I've tried. Real lovely smells off those plants. I call it dad weed because I think it's for dads who don't want to be blitzed and able to do daily stuff unimpeded.
Which ones did you try?