What's new

Low ryder 1 - The original - Need info

Akira_dk3

Hallo everybody!

Im planing on a new low ryder grow, SOG style.
But i really need some information about this low ryder, some smoke reports would be nice too!

low ryder genetisk? THC %? etc.

Hope you can help me out.

best regards - Akira

love?

Hi

Lowryder should do well SOG style, in fact it's probably the only way to get it to yield.

I don't have any figure for the THC-% but the smoke is not very potent. However it certainly is a drug variety, it does get you high. Mellow hybrid smoke effects, can't really remember too clearly as it's been a while since I had some. The taste is kinda earthy, many people find it disgusting but some people like it too.

Takes about 10 weeks from seed. Starts flowering fast. Anything that hinders growth during the first few weeks has a serious effect on the yield so avoid repotting and other stuff that might not even be be a problem if you could veg as long as you wanted.

Since you also asked about the genetics... According to Joint Doctor, the breeder of Lowryder, the lineage consists of NL#2, William's Wonder, and Mexican Ruderalis. To the best of my knowledge the last of those is a cross between a Mexican sativa and a ruderalis plant. There have been stories of LR being the hemp strain Finola or related to it but I believe those stories to be false. ICMag member Thule wrote a good post about the subject in another thread, I hope it's ok if I copypaste it here:

Thule said:
I can only offer my opinion, but IMO the rumour that lowryder was developed from finola is UTTER BULLSHIT.

I'm sorry to use such a harsh language, but I think it's important to cut the wings from rumours that have no basis in real life.

I'm not basing my opinion solely on guessing, I've been fooling around with finola genetics since 2004, ever since I got into growing. What makes me so sure about this is the fact that finolas autoflower acts differently to that of lowryders.

Finola flowers at the age of 30 to 40 days as opposed to 12-20 days of lowryder. Finolas flowering is not photoperiod neutral. You can induce flowering as early as 10days of age with 12/12 lighting. I have also tried crossing finola to lowryder based genetics in order to determine if it is infact the same genes resposible for the autoflowering and it really looks like they aren't the same. You may have 100% autoflowering in the first generation but in the next generation it can drop down to 85%

Finolas structure is also nothing like lowryders. They are big plants and can easily reach 2 meters if given the right environment. I have never seen a dwarf finola, and I've grown plenty and visited many finola farms here in Finland. Finding a high thc plant is also theoretically impossible because finola is a bd/bd type and only produces cbd plants with levels as low as 1% cbd. The bt allele doesn't just pop up if it never was there.

Finally let's also think about the seeds for a moment. Finola is bred for it's nutricious seeds. The genetics came from two russian sources, the Altai mountains in southern Siberia and the other one according to El Manito from Kirov region on the European side. These seeds have bee bred for human consumption and therefore have a relatively thin seed shell. They take less than 24 hours to sprout and I know this because I make hemp seed milk every single day. Infact they are so keen to sprout that you often find sprouted seeds in the buds late in the autumn. Now this is completely the opposite to those hard to germinate, thick shelled lowryder seeds that often need human help to get started.

Imo it's far more likely that lowryder actually descends from a ruderalis ancestor just like stated by Joint Doctor. Ruderalis seeds take longer to germinate than domestic seeds do and sprout unevenly as a surviving mechanism. We even know there was a Mexican Ruderalis. It was one of Nevilles attempts to create an outdoor strain in the 80's.

I could go on but I think I made my point here.

love?

Yes.

Lowryder 2 is supposed to be considerably stronger but unfortunately I have no personal experience with it.

I've seen the thc content of Lowrider the original listed on seed vendors at I think from 9% up to 12% and classed as medium. Canadian med-pot from the government is 9% and thousands of people buy it. No it's not a one hit wonder but I think a few tokes and you will feel it as it is a heavy narcotic stone. I think the yield could be improved drastically by careful culture and one grower got 94gms from one plant according to Joint Doctor. So because of the tiny size and the advantages for outdoor harvests in the summer I think it's very worthwhile. It smells like barnyard manurer so it really is the shit.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown Lowryder #1 and the plants did not get bigger than 8 - 10" in solo cups, they grew really really fast and strong. Out of 5 seeds, all 5 germinated no problem and 4 were females with one big male that was twice the size of everything else and fully flowered in 30 days. The females took around 8 weeks total time, the smell was a fresh fruity smell with some spicy/pine notes. The taste was quite nice, good up type buzz. It reminded me very much of smoking some old school northern lights that maybe was pulled a bit early.

Very cool strain, easy to make your own seeds with it too as it is already stabilized 9 generations and breeds very true. Great breeding material! :joint:

Hey Akira, that is a lot of LR2 beans!!! I am really trying to get ahold of some. Would you mind saying where one can buy LR2 beans? Thank you.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LR2 smells ALOT compared to LR1, keep that in mind.

Smells like pot scale:

LR1 = 2 or 3
LR2 = 7 or 8

If you are trying to do something stealth indoors, you will need odor control for sure with the LR2, with the original one it is quite manageable with just a smell barrier like a door, etc.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, my buddy has a few lowryder originals that he said are turning purple at the top right now at bud finish without any cold temps at all. Anyone else seen purpling on the lowryders? Is this common?

Latest posts

Latest posts