What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low Rider 3?

heretik

I asked this on the strains & hybrids board and was directed here.

I won a pack of beans on Seedbay and the only description in the listing was "Low Rider 3" but have not been able to find any info on this strain except for the following which didn't seem as if it was certain:

think LR3 was some n.y.deisel/LR2 blendedAF originally... thats the LR3 that AFed out of my pots.

The breeder was listed as "SF Stoner 4 life," and I was hoping someone on here might be able to tell me a bit more about this strain before they get popped into rapid rooters. So, is LR3 really just Diesel Ryder? Or is it something else entirely? Thanks for any info you can provide.

SkareCrow

who knows unless you talk to the breeder I doubt anyone will know..

It may not even be autoflower for all you know

heretik

Thanks, was just hoping someone on here who may have grown this out before might be able to shed some light on its characteristics/make-up, or if the breeder frequents this forum he/she might be able to tell me more. If I can't get any info, I suppose I'll just have to document it via a grow journal and then maybe people can chime in based upon that.

lowrdr

id like to hear more about this strain. shame its not a genuine joint doctor creation as his lowryder 2 is excellent!

heretik

Still waiting to hear specifics from the breeder, but found this info from him in another thread:

my 4/20 420 offerings to the celebration,
a kief binger of my LowRyder3, from beans
I made from inline crossing of some LR2s.

That was a small but dense plant only four inches tall and finishing @
8.2gms, some of my better LR3s have gone to 21gms cured.

I know how it feels to be without weed any given time
but being budless on 4/20 is doubly unfortunate, so I'll
tempt some of you I hope by saying that you can grow
about four LowRyders under 6-8 of the CFL (100watt
equivalent) bulbs you can buy anywhere. A friend of
mine grew 4 females out under a big cardboard box with 6
CFL bulbs and a small exhaust fan, his yield was just
over 2ozs cured (70 day growth), and so about an ounce
a month as per his grow rate & area of course. Even if
you smoke more than a zip per month it's still an easy
way to supplement your stash.

a close-up of some of that LowRyder3, easy to grow too.......

I'll post a few pics later of some LR3 that'll go 14-18gms cured.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
would love to see more info on this no threads by that user saying anything about him creating the LR#3

*mr.mike*

would love to see more info on this no threads by that user saying anything about him creating the LR#3

You did see the quoted content inside of heretik's post above???... I believe it clarifies not only that he did breed it, but also that it is from LR 2.

It looks solid. I wouldn't hesitate to plant the seeds yesterday.

so he made seeds with lr2 and is calling it lr3 hmmm.. lr2 x lr2 = lr2.. you have lowryder 2 ..so technically then anyone can take seeds from a company makes seeds and then rename it as something else.doesnt sound right.

I

IceColdCrickets

im a bit confused here,,

just because he says it is LR#3 doesnt mean it is.

He says himself it is LR2 x LR2,, LR#2 is an IBL and very stable,, all you have is LR#2 that someone else made from original LR#2 stock.

Diesel Ryder is ,, Diesel Ryder,, no where has Joint Doctor ever called it LR#3. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL LR#3.

C

Classyathome

It was a member cross/strain submitted for the auction.

Damn, folks - put away the claws. S4L is an excellent fellow, a good member here, and a damn fine human being.

He's not a pro - this isn't lining his pockets, so...

He's got more positive K than all the others here combined - try his beans, I'm going to (I scored a pack too).

yea s4l is cool but it isnt his cross.its joint doctors. its just lr2..why not just say lr2 f2s or whatever generation.. doesnt really matter just kinda lame.. enjoy the seeds.

heretik

Perhaps S4L was thinking that LR2 was an improvement on original LR, albeit with the inclusion of some Santa Maria genetics, and as this cross seemed to improve on LR2, LR3 seemed to be what best to call his version. Who knows? I am not so much concerned with whether or not S4L should have called this LR3 or not, but simply knowing what went into it and what I can expect.

For others who won a pack of these beans on the IC Mag Server Fund auction, Stoner4Life replied to me elsewhere and this is what he had to say:

I made these from inline breeding two huge LowRider2's from the Joint Doctor. The original LR2's I made these beans from produced big plants, each averaged me an ounce dried/cured. You'll find a nice even 50/50 male/female ratio & they all autoflower, males show @ days 17-20, fems show appx @ days 22-25.

These LowRider3's will auto flower under 24/0; 18/6; or even 12/12 (but less bud @ 12/12). I'll suggest 18/6. I've had great success using FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil & CFL lighting on them, but I used 18 high watt CFLs in a Vortex vented fridge and had a lot of lumens from them. 1/2 to 1 gallon pots & to avoid going rootbound I'm careful not to water the edge of the pots, I water at the base of each plant. Light to medium nutes......

Males will begin to show @around day 17 but by day 15/16 you'll want to try to move the plants away from the light(s) a bit allowing them to stretch some (they stop veg growth the moment flowering begins) this variety will fill nicely if not stunted by close light placement, a tall plant might get to 14/15 inches & I've gotten these LR3's to produce 20/21 grams of dried cured, of course I'm very familiar with them by this time. You can expect 7 to 14 grams imo & if you keep them healthy (a short lifespan demands this) they'll be surprisingly resinous and a solid 7 out of 10 in stoning power. Harvest 65-75 days from first leaves opening.

Let me know if you need any other advice bro & best of luck with the grow, let me know your opinion later on them too. btw, that seed stock was very plump and consistent, I only crossed one female w/a single male & got nearly 400 quality seeds from it so what I've grown of these LR3's you'll now be growing too.......

And this pic and description is from S4L's gallery:

I got lucky when crossing (inline breeding) two Low Ryder2's from Joint Doctor, he had a very stout stock at that time & I crossed two vigorous siblings. The resulting seeds are 100% autoflowering, early sexing w/males showing 1st and within 3 weeks. They harvest 65-75 days from breaking soil depending on preference in trichome color and love light to medium nutrients. These plants seem to love CFL lighting when given enough of it & I haven't grown them under anything but CFL so far.

The above plant was 7.5inches tall & was 2.5 weeks from harvest when pic was taken, it weighed 16.5gms once cured. Very dense buds when given ample light & proper nutes. Some of my biggest LowRyder3's have weighed 20/21gms cured.......

In any event, I am looking forward to running these beans. It'll be my first autoflower run. :headbange:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
You did see the quoted content inside of heretik's post above???... I believe it clarifies not only that he did breed it, but also that it is from LR 2.

It looks solid. I wouldn't hesitate to plant the seeds yesterday.

bro please dont make me out to be a fucking idiot....

his description tells us fuck all... all it states is that he in breed some lr2's.....

Latest posts

Latest posts