What's new

Low-dose oral administration

goingrey

This has been my main route of administration recently. Anyone else into it? I see in the legal markets they have all kinds of low-dose candies and whatnot, someone has to be eating them.

Usually I take a very simple approach to it and just add a similar amount that I would smoke in one go to some food I'm cooking. Works best with dishes that are cooked for a while to get good activation. Tastes sometimes match well and sometimes not. Need to get more non-fruity/sweet strains in the library. I read a description of Chem Sis as tasting like French onion soup, now something like that would be great for savory dishes. Hard to get ahold of though, anyone have other suggestions?

The effect compared to smoking is slower acting but longer lasting. The peak isn't as high, a more even experience.

When I smoked all day every day I used to do it sometimes too but back then it was hard to tell what it contributed because of all the smoking. But not smoking much nowadays I can say it totally works, and it works well. And just feels like a sensible way to do it.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
This has been my main route of administration recently. Anyone else into it? I see in the legal markets they have all kinds of low-dose candies and whatnot, someone has to be eating them.

Usually I take a very simple approach to it and just add a similar amount that I would smoke in one go to some food I'm cooking. Works best with dishes that are cooked for a while to get good activation. Tastes sometimes match well and sometimes not. Need to get more non-fruity/sweet strains in the library. I read a description of Chem Sis as tasting like French onion soup, now something like that would be great for savory dishes. Hard to get ahold of though, anyone have other suggestions?

The effect compared to smoking is slower acting but longer lasting. The peak isn't as high, a more even experience.

When I smoked all day every day I used to do it sometimes too but back then it was hard to tell what it contributed because of all the smoking. But not smoking much nowadays I can say it totally works, and it works well. And just feels like a sensible way to do it.
That is the way I consume. :) I make mari-pills with decarcbed weed. Size 0 caps weighing between 0.22-0.26g.

Each pill is good for a 6 hr ride, in thirds. 2hrs up, 2 hr plateau and 2/3hr coming down. I take 2 pills a day. Sometime I'll vape a bowl to get me there sooner, although I feel the effects within 1/2 hr. I like taking my morning pill on an empty stomach with my coffee. Since it is the liver that processes the juju. Ya want that highway free from all traffic. :tiphat:

goingrey

That is the way I consume. :) I make mari-pills with decarcbed weed. Size 0 caps weighing between 0.22-0.26g.

Each pill is good for a 6 hr ride, in thirds. 2hrs up, 2 hr plateau and 2/3hr coming down. I take 2 pills a day. Sometime I'll vape a bowl to get me there sooner, although I feel the effects within 1/2 hr. I like taking my morning pill on an empty stomach with my coffee. Since it is the liver that processes the juju. Ya want that highway free from all traffic. :tiphat:
That's interesting that you like to take them on an empty stomach. Maybe I need to try that too just to see if it's different. But with food might be better so that blood sugar levels don't dip too low?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
That's interesting that you like to take them on an empty stomach. Maybe I need to try that too just to see if it's different. But with food might be better so that blood sugar levels don't dip too low?
Ooooooh, so now you want to know my secret? I don't/can't eat 1st thing in the morning. I normally wait 1-1.5 hr after I am up. BTW... send one up the back door, totally different once again. It's a body stone vs a head rush. Great with Harlequin for lower back pain. As a type II, I doubt I have to worry about low blood sugar :)

goingrey

Ooooooh, so now you want to know my secret? I don't/can't eat 1st thing in the morning. I normally wait 1-1.5 hr after I am up. BTW... send one up the back door, totally different once again. It's a body stone vs a head rush. Great with Harlequin for lower back pain. As a type II, I doubt I have to worry about low blood sugar :)
Plugging huh. The theory is solid but I think I'll wait until the lower back pain gets unbearable before trying. :D

Blood sugar levels dipping isn't a huge worry for me either especially with low doses but then again the munchies don't have me reaching for the healthiest options, usually.

DonalKL

Sonic exe
If the blood sugar is too low, I think the dose should be reduced again. Is it reasonable?

goingrey

Still kinda doing this but not cooking that much. Decoctions instead (long steep in hot water).

And the dose is maybe not that low. When smoking a one hitter is enough for me, that is like 0.1g. In the cup I sometimes put like a full gram. 10x difference hehe. Whatever, I like it. And better for your health, surely.

cola

I have read that Willie Nelson had to forgo puffing now, on doctor's advice. I have heard it said, however, that he is still using tinctures (oral) infusions, regardless. I have no idea if he gave up drinking, or not. Maybe a long time ago.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Sonic exe

If the blood sugar is too low, I think the dose should be reduced again. Is it reasonable?
There is a lot to be said here Donald. Remember my pills weight includes the cap. As those who have been following me know, I did not come to the conclusion overnight. I'm 225#.

When my wife wanted to give them a whirl. She was more interested in CBD. I fucked up! I gave her one of mine (Harlequin 8/16), she only weighs 145/50. The GDP, knocked her out cold, only to wake up 2 hrs later, where she couldn't fall back asleep. She did eventually but was not a happy camper the following. My wife never consumed.

One size does not fit all (metahor) as each individual has there own endocannabidiol systems that are unique to each individuals. I carefully selected and weened strains, to cure what ails me. My medicine is tailored towards me. e.g many people use Bk for a nighttime strain. It doesn't work for me, but it is a great daytime strain. Go figure. Hope this helps :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Plugging huh. The theory is solid but I think I'll wait until the lower back pain gets unbearable before trying. :D

Blood sugar levels dipping isn't a huge worry for me either especially with low doses but then again the munchies don't have me reaching for the healthiest options, usually.
One of the things I look for are strains with appetite suppressors. As explained earlier. I didn't come across what I use by accident. In all honesty... it is all about what works for you, and in all honesty one will not get where they need to go, unless they carry out a thorough research on the subject, to find out what works for you, to treat your ailments. Medicating is not getting high. Let me repeat that... Medicating is not getting high.

In the 1st part you can actually feel the medicine work vice a head rush, although Harlequin doesn't give a "rush" perse, you can feel the medicine working its way through the body. The target! Not necessarily or uniquely for lower back pain.

My stash has kept me alive during our current ordeal. If it wasn't so, I wouldn't be here typing a reply. One size does not fit all and, if in all honesty folks that want to get blissfully high, go to the liquor commission!

As I haven't been growing since the fire (16m), I had to find alternatives, which I have. Of late I have acquired a decent supply of Lemon Haze. The euphoric high, last but 5-10 minutes, then for me anyway, I find a peacefulness that gets me through my trying days, not to mention extremely sociable :) I researched the strains terpenes and profile. Considering that I can't decarboxolate, it is simply wonderful. Construction has started, I will be decarboxilating in my shed. Then I will find the "true" power of the strain, which is only about 75% effective. 75 is better than nothing. Who knows, maybe the effects will be different. If that happens, I know I can simply forgo the decarboxilating process and use the raw buds. Folks who simply state you can't get high on raw weed simply don't know what they are talking about unfortunately :(

I was using 3/4g per day (normally), green bud 1g. Hence where my number comes from. I hope this helps :)

goingrey

One of the things I look for are strains with appetite suppressors. As explained earlier. I didn't come across what I use by accident. In all honesty... it is all about what works for you, and in all honesty one will not get where they need to go, unless they carry out a thorough research on the subject, to find out what works for you, to treat your ailments. Medicating is not getting high. Let me repeat that... Medicating is not getting high.

In the 1st part you can actually feel the medicine work vice a head rush, although Harlequin doesn't give a "rush" perse, you can feel the medicine working its way through the body. The target! Not necessarily or uniquely for lower back pain.

My stash has kept me alive during our current ordeal. If it wasn't so, I wouldn't be here typing a reply. One size does not fit all and, if in all honesty folks that want to get blissfully high, go to the liquor commission!

As I haven't been growing since the fire (16m), I had to find alternatives, which I have. Of late I have acquired a decent supply of Lemon Haze. The euphoric high, last but 5-10 minutes, then for me anyway, I find a peacefulness that gets me through my trying days, not to mention extremely sociable :) I researched the strains terpenes and profile. Considering that I can't decarboxolate, it is simply wonderful. Construction has started, I will be decarboxilating in my shed. Then I will find the "true" power of the strain, which is only about 75% effective. 75 is better than nothing. Who knows, maybe the effects will be different. If that happens, I know I can simply forgo the decarboxilating process and use the raw buds. Folks who simply state you can't get high on raw weed simply don't know what they are talking about unfortunately :(

I was using 3/4g per day (normally), green bud 1g. Hence where my number comes from. I hope this helps :)
A long decarb gives a different high for sure. But yes, more powerful gram for gram.

Lemon Haze sounds good.

Latest posts

Latest posts