What's new

Low clearance. Raising plants off ground ideas..

Granger2

Veteran
I'm using plastic, 3 section, plates upside down with air holes drilled in the sides so they'll dry out underneath.

I got these from a bulk bin at the grocery store for 2 for 2.98. My 3 gal EJ Aero Bags sit fine on them with little sag between the sections. Good luck. -granger

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
See if the 99 cent store has any tupperware style containers for whole pies. They're round, get your pots up a couple inches, and nest together for storage.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Well thx for the input fellas. I got the probem solved. I just went out and got a bundle of some 1/4" thick insulated styrofoam. Its the pink stuff that you line your basement walls in before putting up drywall. I just cut squares out of it and used one for each individual plant. Water still gets trapped undrneath, but not nearly as much as if i had covered the entire floor with it. Works well, but the only thing im worried about at this point is that ther may be harmful chemicals in it that could possibly get wicked up through the fibers of my smart pots. Ill probably end up cutting some squares out of polyfilm and place ecah one in between the styrofoam and the bottom of the pots. I hope someone will find all of the info in this thread useful in the future. Thx again.

Latest posts

Latest posts