What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Loss of dreams from cannabis?

djonkoman

Veteran
I vape daily and don't dream often, but I dreamed even less often before I started smoking. and the nights I dream most are usually the nights whe I was really high when I went to sleep

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I'm four days into a break now and haven't started dreaming yet. It usually does.

devilgoob, your post was fascinating. Once I was lucid enough to realize that it was a dream and started to come out of hiding to face the beast (King Kongish) but then chickened out. Always regretted that.

Your flying experiences sound very familiar.

LayedBack

I do dream, but they are hard to remember and usually not very vivid. However if I haven't smoked in 24 hours I have some damned vivid dreams, kind of sucks because almost all of my dreams are freakin messed up and scary haha.

M

MacGyver420

haven't had a dream in years... not even a kinda foggy dream, but i mean no dreaming that i can recall whatsoever...
i was on probation and took pee tests for 7 months; stopped smoking weed but still did not dream.

i have often wondered about this...

someone once told me that its a sign of schizophrenia to not have any dreams, but i dont think im buying that one.

TrevorLahey

The reason for this is because we have a certain signal in our brains that when we smoke it blocks these signals that causes us to dream vividly. When we dont blaze these signals become unblocked so when we go to sleep and shut out eyes we are able to have vivid dreams again.

Adrift

Veteran
idk , i dream all the time, and i usualy remember them right when i wake up, from that point its on me to choose to remember it or flush it down the hatch :) maybe im lucky!

but i def dream fine while smoking cannabis every single day.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
To blow through the cannabis fog you could use a supplement like L-trypotophan or 5-HTP and you will dream again. Crazy vivid dreams some times and other times super bizarre .

5-HTP is nothing to play with if you already take some SSRI or migraine meds stay clear of 5htp.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
It's sad to see SPurr banned from this place with all of his knowledge...

I smoke over an 1/8th a day and every single night of my life I have lucid/vivid dreams that most times when I wake up I wonder what the hell just happened to me... did I just transcend space and time? Was I just in a parallel univers??? VERY intense, it's been this way since child hood and has never tamed down even with my smoking habitual cannabis. Much love all! SL

Latest posts

Latest posts