What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looks like burn-newb here

panoflex

Hello. My plant is at about 2-3 weeks now and its beginning to brown a bit. No nutes have been added and grown under 100W of CFLs for now. I think its too hot and thats my problem so I compensated today with extra fan goodness.

I suppose my question to experts would be does this look like a heat problem or am I looking at something else? It seems a little early for a nutrient problem but then again this is my second time.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looks like the leaves have gotten wet while the lights are on maybe?
And maybe could use a little drink?
Good luck

panoflex

thanks for the advice. it were really close the last day so that could be. before posting i had also given it some water. :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
No worries , could also be the heat as you say .... only remedy for that would be make sure you have a good exhaust, and big enough intake for new air. Heat can be a bitch, I lost some outdoor seedlings this year by forgetting they were in the greenhouse.... crispy dry.

All the best

Indacouch

I would put a temp/ humidity meter next to the plant. Make sure you have enough ventilation. You can also put a small fan ( im talking small) blowing at the plant's level. The girls like wind and it makes them stronger. If you do this make sure to wAtch your soil. It can dry out faster as well as appear dry when it's actually wet. So, do a lift/ weight test, as well as check the soil. Happy growing. ;)

mushroombrew

Veteran
If you flushed already you should be past any nute burn. I would flush with pH 6.5. But you will need a pH meter and phosphoric acid to do that.
Could well be a nutrient lockout from incorrect pH.
You can have nutrient burn and lockout at the same time. If the pH is off the plant can't absorb nutrients and becomes deficient. So extra fertilizer builds up and burns them too! Ouch!
pH should be your priority

panoflex

hi all sorry for not responding. i had taken the advice of watering and the problem backed off. i don't doubt the plant suffered a little nute burn as well but the baby has taken off in the last 10 days and had to move the lights away because it had grow right up to them lol. here is a picture today, you can see some of the original problem, and where the light got too close.

the medium is pro mix in a blue bag, 18/6/6 included nutes. have not given any nutes just tap water every few days as needed. the pot size right now is about 4gal.

temp is between 26-30 celsius and RH is 35-50% depending on time of day. i have done no pH readings.

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 13

panoflex

also there is 184w of mixed spectrum CFLs, with another 100w between 2 t5 bulbs added in once the plant has grown in height for side lights.

panoflex

a little show of how the plant has gone since my first newbish concerns. the light has been switched out from 180ish watts of CFL for a marsHydro300 @140ish watts. after I put this light in the plant nearly doubled in girth within a week. she has now, after about 5 weeks in veg, been put over to flowering.

purple afghan kush :D

Attachments

• flowering.jpg
    flowering.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
  • flowering2.jpg
    flowering2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Latest posts