What's new

Looking to move to a medical state..Tell me about ur state

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
ive now heard of 2 people i know with there medical cards being visited by the feds in Maine. not cool. they clearly have nothing better to do up here in the stix but harass caregivers. cocksuckers

turbolaser4528

Veteran
ive now heard of 2 people i know with there medical cards being visited by the feds in Maine. not cool. they clearly have nothing better to do up here in the stix but harass caregivers. cocksuckers

sucks man, you are right.

Where to move, where to move...:( FUCK!!! Might just have to go balls to the wall straight criminal status, they are making this far too difficult.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Well said,way to hard!

Freakin country is SO divided......
Great info peeps,you gotta know first hand!!
Anybody else?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
R u in california??? I dont wanna be huge as i dont think i could ever manage more than 20-30 plants but i would have big plants so weight wouldnt be an issue..Yeah more and more i think about it cali would be the easiest place to go to but man is it exspensive living there i need to stay around 800a month for an apt..And in cali i think u can move there and be approved in a matter of days instead of mths or yrs at some states..

california is a huge state....800 bucks wont get you very far in any of the cities like oakland where most of the dispensaries on, unless you want to live in the middle of a warzone in east oakland which i higly reccomend not doing....if you only have 800 a month you are gonna have to rent something in the boonies, possibly stockton, tracy, north of sacramento....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i have been interested in North Carolina recently...they dont have medical laws but the laws on the books are pretty lax compared to other states....sale or cultivation up to 10lbs is only 12 months max, 10-50lbs is only 30 months max...thats more lenient than california where on the books its technically 2-3 years for cultivation without a med card...and they have conditional release for first time offenders...and all the high paying markets in NY/NJ/MA are much easier to get to than california..

plus north carolina has some really nice growing conditions...i know they do it big out in ashville and the west part of the state.....i flew over the charlotte suburban area recently on layover and saw so many greenhouses and big plant plots everywhere....nice sunny hot weather maybe a tad bit humid but nothing a santa fe dehuey cant fix....plus housing is pretty cheap there..

Yeah i was looking at anywhere up north in cali as the plants allowed r alot more...Humbolt county area, redding..I know i can get something up in this area for around 800 a mth...Where r u located??I mean there has to be dispenseries and hydro shops in humbolt county right??

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Yes4Prop215- you are correct, NC does have some pretty lax laws. But the infrastructure isn't there like in med states..:(

California is still good if you can afford it, imo. It still has the best pot laws, but if you are trying to cash in, I agree (housing, electric, "flooded market") are no bueno.

But if one grows the bomb, it will still sell I believe. hmmm, decisions!!!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't come to Cali it sucks BIG time...SO expensive to live here, gas is close to 4.00 a gall (still)..PG&E rates astronomical, NO jobs, lot of homeless , NO state benefits anymore,we are ALL broke, go anywhere but here...please....

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Don't come to Cali it sucks BIG time...SO expensive to live here, gas is close to 4.00 a gall (still)..PG&E rates astronomical, NO jobs, lot of homeless , NO state benefits anymore,we are ALL broke, go anywhere but here...please....

true, but you guys have all the hot girls, sunshine, and best pot laws in the country. trying to not go to jail mega, fwiw.

stc9357

i have been interested in North Carolina recently...they dont have medical laws but the laws on the books are pretty lax compared to other states....sale or cultivation up to 10lbs is only 12 months max, 10-50lbs is only 30 months max...thats more lenient than california where on the books its technically 2-3 years for cultivation without a med card...and they have conditional release for first time offenders...and all the high paying markets in NY/NJ/MA are much easier to get to than california..

plus north carolina has some really nice growing conditions...i know they do it big out in ashville and the west part of the state.....i flew over the charlotte suburban area recently on layover and saw so many greenhouses and big plant plots everywhere....nice sunny hot weather maybe a tad bit humid but nothing a santa fe dehuey cant fix....plus housing is pretty cheap there..

I live here definetely not what its cracked up to be.

RetroGrow

Veteran
In NC, jail terms are relatively short, but they have enormous fines depending on weight.
They will take your house, car, bank account...everything to collect. How would you like a quarter of a million dollar fine?

stc9357

In NC, jail terms are relatively short, but they have enormous fines depending on weight.
They will take your house, car, bank account...everything to collect. How would you like a quarter of a million dollar fine?

What he said seen guys they put on probation only to owe around 2-3,000 a month in fees for probation because of the crime. Thats impossible for any normal person to pay so it leads to you violating your probation and being thrown in prison. Probation is an enormous revolving door.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn so they really stick it with the fines huh.....guess its not that nice out there..had an old college roomie from asheville he said alot of growers out that ways and pretty cheap prices....

K

KSP

damn so they really stick it with the fines huh.....guess its not that nice out there..had an old college roomie from asheville he said alot of growers out that ways and pretty cheap prices....

It's a nice area, WNC and NW SC as well. I suspect prices in the Asheville area are higher now than what you've heard, but probably cheap v. California prices. I keep hoping a southern state will make the move, and thought NC would be the best bet. Doesn't look like it's going to happen for us in the southeast any time soon though.

G

guest86120975

I feel obligated to warn you all about assuming a state's laws are a certain way... NORML does a huge disservice with their guide since that's where most people get their info...much of the time, they're guide is outdated or flat out never was right. Case in point, what is listed as a misdemeanor for my state is actually a high level felony with a multiple year minimum sentence (from the mouth of a lawyer). Be careful relying on that info

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
If been wondering about Oregon myself. I hear it is 24 plants and 24 ounces.

It is 6 flowering plants which is anything with pistils OR over 12" high OR 12" wide. You can have 18 vegging plants but they can't be over a foot tall or wide so I don't even count the veg plants as part of my rec.

Securityfirst

Maine.
Decriminalized for personal use less than 2.5 ounces, up to a pound (or 99 plants) is a misdemeanor. When they do bust you for cultivation they don't weigh the entire plant soil and all or charge you for manufacturing a controlled substance like some "decriminalized" states do.
The medical scene here would be perfect for what you are looking for. Caregivers and patients no longer need to register with the state, and you can sell your excess to any of the 8 dispensaries (although only 3 or 4 are open). There are plant and weight restrictions but who's counting if you stay low key and don't flaunt it.
The weather is really nice so long as you can put up with the harsh winters. Honestly, the winters aren't that harsh and I've lived in the much hotter climates longer than I've lived in Maine. The people are all friendly, crime is very low even in the so called "big city." The only issue you may have is finding work. A lot of people work 1-2 and even 3 different jobs to make ends meet and a lot of the work is seasonal. It's not as bad as some other areas of the country but don't move expecting to be handed a bag of money and a snappy new job.

What does it take to qualify as a patient in Maine? I think you need to have a debilitating disease of some sort. And also the winters are extremely harsh on the East Coast, particularly in Maine, which of course is great if you like skiing and winter sports and of course tending to the growroom. Last winter on East Coast was freezing and lasted for 6 months.

I would have to say Denver or Colorado in general might be an option for you. It is easy to qualify as a patient and there is a population of over 2 million people. I have visited and the city has a lot of options for art, dining and growing.

Oh wait here is my EDIT , I just read you have to have video cameras watching you in Colorado. Growing up on the East Coast we grew up with the bud everyone was growing in the Colorado mountains.950 a pd if I remember correctly. Forget being watched by video camera that is super retarded. Im gonna say Norcal is your best bet depending on how much cash you have to start because you can buy say 5 acres for 50k with 10k down if you do some relationship building and do some research.

Peace

Good Luck