What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LOOKING FOR SPONSORS !

roadrcr

Ok heres the deal for an idea we came up with in chat. ( GN) allready approved the idea.

We are going to have a grow war. Everyone will start with the same beans on the same day. 30 days MAX veg and you must put up new pics every friday. They will be judged on 3 catagories. 1. General appearance 2. Yeild 3. Overall innovation ( for example growing the plants suspended by helium ballons ect.

There will be a max wattage something like maybe 400 watts. No super high dollar stuff that gives you an unfair advantage if there is even such a thing. Prefer soil to keep this contest open to as many as possible.

Having a hard time deciding on a strain needs to be a fast finisher so this does not drag on forever. Also want the strain to be one that no one has any experiance growing so no unfair advantages.
P.S. heres the link to the orignal thread.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9743

Thinking maybe a prize of a small Kiff box from GN or something like that.

Judges will be anyone not in the contest through a poll or something.

Perhaps if anyone would like to step up and supply some ideas/beans/prizes just post here while we work out the details. This should be ALOT of fun.

Just a thought this would be a GREAT way to get your new strain advertised and well tested in very varied growing conditions. Anyone willing to step up to the plate ?

G

damn i would have made a crap load more beans if i knew this was in the works. id really like to donate the beans, sounds like a great grow off? how many beans was ya thinkin ya might need?

CBF

roadrcr

Maybe around 6 per person or so I know quite a few people are interisted. Gotta figure 2 might die 2 might be male and 2 diffrent phenos. Or somehting like that lol. Probally like 10 people or so I imagine not sure. so arounf 60 beans should do. Or maybe 10 per person some may not germ especially if experimental beans.

King

This would be fun, but

Yield would be a tough one. Is everyone gonna be 100% honest? Prolly not if you involve prizes to a winner. Did everyone use a 400 or did someone try to sneak a 600? Did someone have a clone from their plant growing out of site under another light to help increase their yield? Is someone using a bloom booster, vs someone that isn't?

And prolly the person with the best camera will win the appearance category IMO. Everyone would need the same exact camera.

G

ahhhhh........just give out the beans, and whoever grows the best lookin stuff wins, use whatever, be nice to see how a strain runs in all different setups. its for fun and may learn somethin from it.

if your only talkin 100 seeds im pretty sure i could donate the SBC seed from current grow. should have that many for sure, thinkin theres gonna be more than 10 peeps wantin to play though.

i think JLPs hummer would be the plants to grow, that way I can get in and get hold of some of them beans:yes:

CBF

G

hey hey hey ,, im at war ..whoooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee !!!!!1
i got skudbuds,brainbuster missles,i got me sum dem atomic colas lol,,, im gonna bust yur arse lol. wif some skudbuds lol roadrcr, and icu ... it is time to get ya game on lol

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
I'm with CBF....... use what ever to grow.....any nutes and additives you want.
Everyone should list what they are using though so all can see how different chems act on the same plant. We can compare at the end what we think gave the best results. Its all in fun....... :canabis:

G

as a hydro grower i feel discriminated agiant.but i'm ok with it .lol
My personal thoughts, is do what ya gotta do to win,no rules in war.(well you cant humiliate prisoners,use napalm or chem gas.i think lighting shoule be the only limit. Just my 2 cents,or what ever it is in europe.02 euro i would guess.

Dr. D

Veteran
Sounds like a cool idea.....im up for a grow war................bring it on :whip:
i'd donate my RUM x Skunk#1 for it but i dont have enough of them :canabis:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Not to rain on anyone's parade...but....

Not to rain on anyone's parade...but....

Just a reminder everyone...this contest was approved by Gypsy
providing all seed distribution and prize distribution is done through staff here ONLY....any seeds for grower participation must be posted to the UK first, and all prize seeds to the UK as well...they will be mailed from here so that there is no exchange of addy's between participants. We are watching this contest closely to see that the site's policy is followed.

Looks to be interesting. :wink:

Since this was roadrcr's idea...it will be up to roadrcr to forward a list to us of who is to receive seeds.

Did you also notice roadrcr that in the contest rule thread there's a $5 s/h fee per pkg?

Good luck to all!
:wave:
dg

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Good idea...perhaps then whoever is going to compete should just post their $5 along with their addy to us indicating it is for the competition....excellent. That way you don't even need to forward a list of participants...works out better.
:wave:
dg

G

Soil only??? my my... if this isn't a dirty contest already.

Where is the hydro grow-off?

Great idea...