What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for most silent hydro setup options.

Ca++

As far a leakage that is so overkill. I dont even have a liner and have never had a leak in my DIY undercurrent setup. Make it correct the first time and there will be no leaks...PVC is completely fine for potable water.
Good for you. I know people that can't walk by a drink without scoring a goal with it. While a lapse of judgement every few years seems fairly likely for most. The phone call while the hose is running and such.

Hi

run to waste on rockwool
the pump only run a few minutes each day

rockwool is the less hospitable for gnats IME
and i have some (xprience) with gnats.. lol

Last edited:

stiff

Veteran
Maybe run some BTI through it and see if it gets rid of them? I usually have good success with Bacillus thuringesis israelis

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hello IC community,
Was wondering for the next year project.. The aim is to switch from organic soil/organic nutes into some hydro. It is just more clean doing it in small space appartament, and more safe due to ferocious amounts of soil being bought over and over again.. Another problem is that organics is atracting those fungus cunts constantly. And I dont want to use all those bio/synthetic tipes of insecticides, they work moderate, but finally bugs come back and even becomes more resistant, So idea is to just start clean without any other plants, put intake filters, seal everything and have a completely fungus-twat free environment for ladies.

But I have stuck in choosing right system for compact 4 plant per cab grow.

Most important is the noise, which system makes
DWC - air pumps
RDWC - air pumps + water pump + waterfall sound
Aero - waterfall sound + water pump + nozzle

But what about growing in clay pebbles and flood/drain system ?
It looks most silent to me, but problems is what about draining/clogging problems? It would be fatal for me, as it is appartament and basically I would get into big big troubles because of that. So I have no space to make mistakes.
What do you think overall, because I have much more experience doing in hydro rather than indoor soil.

Which one would be better in compact small space conditions ???
Coco is the last option if none of the systems above is possible with dampening sound to a minimal. But seeing problems of Na/sodium with coco I would like to dodge it.

Grateful for any ideas !
Coco. Grows as well as hydro, but all plants will not get screwed if a problem. Use boiling water to expand blocks, and prepare water a day ahead with BTI dunk floating in it, so it has time to breed. That should take care of all fungus gnats.