What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for guerillas with leaf spot diease experience.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Just a note.

I just got back from the first group of plants i treated and the results are clear.

1. The liquid copper is 100% effective on plants that either dont have the disease or are just getting it and have maybe 5-8 affected leaves. 1 dose seems to do it.

2. LC is 80-90% effective on plants that are actively involved with lots of yellow leaves. 2 applications are required here - a week apart. Not only does the yellowing slow dramatically, the plant looks healthier and green again.

3. LC is clearly effective, but plants that are fully involved with the disease and have many primary and secondary leaves yellowed, the disease is stopped but the ability of the plant to recover is limited to its state at the time it was sprayed. It turns green again and continues to grow, but the yeild is greatly reduced and the plant is damaged. 2 applications are needed here.

Its as clear as a bell that if i had treated the plants with Liquid Copper at the first sign of the disease, i wouldnt be in my current position, which is harvesting 5-7 fewer lbs of weed than i would have had i know about the LCopper.

I have another small group of buds im drying today to test for chemical/taste etc.

ronbo51

Veteran
Hey guys. For what its worth, I have been harvesting autos grown outdoors since mid june. The first batch was started indoors. All the rest were direct seeded into pots and hidden amongst the weeds and flowers in my garden. I am growing tomatoes, which are the biggest blight magnets on earth, as well as all the other veggies. I have had autos in with Heliopsis, a type of yellow daisy that got PM back in June and has had it bad since. No PM on the autos. Whether it is the particular resistance of the autos, or the Serenade I have been spraying since early on, I can't say. Last year Serenade was ineffective on tomatoes. This year it seems to be working. I did shake some Rotenone/Copper on all my plants early on as well. I believe the key is early prevention. Once you have significant infection it is very difficult to overcome. This year the weather has been quite a challenge and has been a major contributor to problems. Excessive heat with low rainfall BUT high nighttime humidity was the real culprit. Then daytime rain and cloudy ultra high humidity set in. That and flowering I think has been the downfall here. In general gardening it is known that inconsistent watering leads to PM. For guerrilla gardeners it is so hard to manage water. Maybe the fast cycle of autos has outrun my disease exposure. I don't know. I don't run long season girls anymore. Good luck.

hamstring

Veteran
DS
Thanks for the input its great to see something that works. I will have to get some Liquid Copper I need to know if it will control the leaf spot variety I have. As far as the serenade I have my doubts because of what Dorje said below and the fact Serenade is a systemic fungicide also.

Also... we used Eagle 20, a systemic fungicide used for PM, so that's another fungicide that doesn't seem to do anything.

The weather has become dry and the dew points are low so I really think that’s what’s slowed it down in my crop. I will not be able to give any feedback on Serenade for a couple of weeks. I used this before I don’t think it can cause burning like Green Cure can in a heavy dosage because all the flowers got heavily sprayed and I mean heavily.

I want to personally thank everyone who participated in this thread we all need to stick together to beat this disease. I hope everyone sticks around to give there results good or bad I have to believe its not over due the fact that we all know late September -October can be a cool rainy months.

ghost of sage

the liquid copper did it for me too.I didn't wait a week though.I put it on and two days later we had a rain and i put it on again and when I went yesterday which woulda been about a week it was gone.It definitely works!DS I am so glad you found this stuff because I had this crap at my second honey patch when I went to check this weekend and i was sick!!

ghost of sage

This is one of the first threads I have seen on IC where everyone came together to solve a serious problem and there wasn't alot of bickering and bitching and back biting and that is what it is all about!Very good thread here with a bunch of guys from all over coming together!

Juan Valdez

whats up people! I think this thread may have saved my ass this year, been dealing with this disease unknowingly for 3 yrs now and have lost many plants to it. it's practically on everything and anything in my county. the more I look around the more I see it, basically you cant find a plant or tree that isnt affected !

the past 2 years i always thought it was ph, bugs, nute def, burn marks from water droplets etc... this year i came to the conclusion that its very odd that my plants are all well and healthy each year throughout veg then right around begining august/first week flower they all start getting spots and leaves start to yellow prematurely. so i started searching around for answers on other sites and didnt really find much, until I came across this gem of a thread! been following since the first post!

went out to the site earlier to apply my second application of liquid copper, its been a week since the first, and things are lookin good! LC definately seems to help, I removed 90% of the affected leaves before the first application and today I saw very very few new spots and/or yellowing leaves, it was a HUGE relief! kinda like if your car breaks down and you gotta put it in the shop, the whole time your thinkin the worst, it's the tranny or head gasket or blown motor f$%k i'm gonna be out soo much money I cant afford this s#$t right now, then they call ya and say it was a couple of spark plugs, you can pick it up tonite, and your back up and rollin again !

that's how I felt today and wanted to say thanks to hamstring for starting this thread and everybody that contributed! you cant find better info about our plants and this disease than right here! THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STCKIED FOR SURE!

well i'm gonna stay tuned and will post some hopefully positive updates

goodluck everybody, stay safe. peace

ronbo51

Veteran
DS
and the fact Serenade is a systemic fungicide also.

Not to pick nits, but Serenade is definitely NOT a systemic fungicide. It is a biological control that uses a sporulating bacteria that colonizes plant surfaces and does not give competitor organisms a chance to become established. Thanks.

Dorje113

DS, I'm glad the copper is working. I am trying ferti-lome Broad Spectrum Fungicide (non-systemic) with chlorothalionil, which was consistently recommended for Septoria fungi.

If this does not work I will use the copper sulfate, I have been purposely avoiding it so far, started with organic, then the ferti-lome, next will be copper.

Prevention is also consistently recommended too, if you know you are growing in an area with this stuff present, you should use a fungicide as a preventative, liquid copper seems like the best bet but I'll report if the ferti-lome stuff works or not.

Indoors.... don't be a slob and keep your place clean. Don't allow unhealthy growth, pick dead fan leaves and keep the moms pruned and trimmed of excess foliage.

hamstring

Veteran
DS
and the fact Serenade is a systemic fungicide also.

Not to pick nits, but Serenade is definitely NOT a systemic fungicide. It is a biological control that uses a sporulating bacteria that colonizes plant surfaces and does not give competitor organisms a chance to become established. Thanks.

ronbo
Hey brother take a look at this link about serenade and let me know what you think (listen close to the ending) this is where I got my info. Not exactly sure but systemic action is mentioned but maybe not directly I will let you make up your own mind. Definitely no expert just a old guerrilla due diligence is a must so thanks for the feedback.
http://www.agraquest.com/agrochemical/products/fungicides-serenade-max.php

hamstring

Veteran
I decided to mix all this up in a 5 gallon jug and spray my plants. Anyone up for somking some buds afterwards ??? I bet we get waxed.

aliphatic nitrogen fungicides
butylamine
cymoxanil
dodicin
dodine
guazatine
iminoctadine
amide fungicides
carpropamid
chloraniformethan
cyflufenamid
diclocymet
ethaboxam
fenoxanil
flumetover
furametpyr
isopyrazam
mandipropamid
penthiopyrad
prochloraz
quinazamid
silthiofam
triforine
xiwojunan
acylamino acid fungicides
benalaxyl
benalaxyl-M
furalaxyl
metalaxyl
metalaxyl-M
pefurazoate
valifenalate
anilide fungicides
benalaxyl
benalaxyl-M
bixafen
boscalid
carboxin
fenhexamid
fluxapyroxad
isotianil
metalaxyl
metalaxyl-M
metsulfovax
ofurace
oxadixyl
oxycarboxin
penflufen
pyracarbolid
sedaxane
thifluzamide
tiadinil
vangard
benzanilide fungicides
benodanil
flutolanil
mebenil
mepronil
salicylanilide
tecloftalam
furanilide fungicides
fenfuram
furalaxyl
furcarbanil
methfuroxam
sulfonanilide fungicides
flusulfamide
benzamide fungicides
benzohydroxamic acid
fluopicolide
fluopyram
tioxymid
trichlamide
zarilamid
zoxamide
furamide fungicides
cyclafuramid
furmecyclox
phenylsulfamide fungicides
dichlofluanid
tolylfluanid
sulfonamide fungicides
amisulbrom
cyazofamid
valinamide fungicides
benthiavalicarb
iprovalicarb
antibiotic fungicides
aureofungin
blasticidin-S
cycloheximide
griseofulvin
kasugamycin
moroxydine
natamycin
polyoxins
polyoxorim
streptomycin
validamycin
strobilurin fungicides
azoxystrobin
bifujunzhi
coumoxystrobin
dimoxystrobin
enestroburin
fluoxastrobin
jiaxiangjunzhi
kresoxim-methyl
metominostrobin
orysastrobin
picoxystrobin
pyraclostrobin
pyrametostrobin
pyraoxystrobin
trifloxystrobin
xiwojunan
aromatic fungicides
biphenyl
chlorodinitronaphthalenes
chloroneb
chlorothalonil
cresol
dicloran
fenjuntong
hexachlorobenzene
pentachlorophenol
quintozene
sodium pentachlorophenoxide
tecnazene
arsenical fungicides
asomate
urbacide
aryl phenyl ketone fungicides
metrafenone
pyriofenone
benzimidazole fungicides
albendazole
benomyl
carbendazim
chlorfenazole
cypendazole
debacarb
fuberidazole
mecarbinzid
rabenzazole
thiabendazole
benzimidazole precursor fungicides
furophanate
thiophanate
thiophanate-methyl
benzothiazole fungicides
bentaluron
benthiavalicarb
benthiazole
chlobenthiazone
probenazole
botanical fungicides
allicin
berberine
carvacrol
carvone
osthol
santonin
bridged diphenyl fungicides
bithionol
dichlorophen
diphenylamine
hexachlorophene
parinol
carbamate fungicides
benthiavalicarb
furophanate
iodocarb
iprovalicarb
propamocarb
pyribencarb
thiophanate
thiophanate-methyl
benzimidazolylcarbamate fungicides
albendazole
benomyl
carbendazim
cypendazole
debacarb
mecarbinzid
carbanilate fungicides
diethofencarb
lvdingjunzhi
pyraclostrobin
pyrametostrobin
conazole fungicides
conazole fungicides (imidazoles)
climbazole
clotrimazole
imazalil
oxpoconazole
prochloraz
triflumizole
see also imidazole fungicides
conazole fungicides (triazoles)
azaconazole
bromuconazole
cyproconazole
diclobutrazol
difenoconazole
diniconazole
diniconazole-M
epoxiconazole
etaconazole
fenbuconazole
fluquinconazole
flusilazole
flutriafol
furconazole
furconazole-cis
hexaconazole
imibenconazole
ipconazole
metconazole
myclobutanil
penconazole
propiconazole
prothioconazole
quinconazole
simeconazole
tebuconazole
tetraconazole
triadimefon
triadimenol
triticonazole
uniconazole
uniconazole-P
see also triazole fungicides
copper fungicides
acypetacs-copper
Bordeaux mixture
Burgundy mixture
Cheshunt mixture
copper acetate
copper carbonate, basic
copper hydroxide
copper naphthenate
copper oleate
copper oxychloride
copper silicate
copper sulfate
copper sulfate, basic
copper zinc chromate
cufraneb
cuprobam
cuprous oxide
mancopper
oxine-copper
saisentong
thiodiazole-copper
cyanoacrylate fungicides
benzamacril
phenamacril
dicarboximide fungicides
famoxadone
fluoroimide
dichlorophenyl dicarboximide fungicides
chlozolinate
dichlozoline
iprodione
isovaledione
myclozolin
procymidone
vinclozolin
phthalimide fungicides
captafol
captan
ditalimfos
folpet
thiochlorfenphim
dinitrophenol fungicides
binapacryl
dinobuton
dinocap
dinocap-4
dinocap-6
meptyldinocap
dinocton
dinopenton
dinosulfon
dinoterbon
DNOC
dithiocarbamate fungicides
amobam
asomate
azithiram
carbamorph
cufraneb
cuprobam
disulfiram
ferbam
metam
nabam
tecoram
thiram
urbacide
ziram
cyclic dithiocarbamate fungicides
dazomet
etem
milneb
polymeric dithiocarbamate fungicides
mancopper
mancozeb
maneb
metiram
polycarbamate
propineb
zineb
dithiolane fungicides
isoprothiolane
saijunmao
fumigant fungicides
dithioether
methyl bromide
hydrazide fungicides
benquinox
saijunmao
imidazole fungicides cyazofamid
fenamidone
fenapanil
glyodin
iprodione
isovaledione
pefurazoate
triazoxide
see also conazole fungicides (imidazoles)
inorganic fungicides
potassium azide
potassium thiocyanate
sodium azide
sulfur
see also copper fungicides
see also inorganic mercury fungicides
mercury fungicides
inorganic mercury fungicides
mercuric chloride
mercuric oxide
mercurous chloride
organomercury fungicides
(3-ethoxypropyl)mercury bromide
ethylmercury acetate
ethylmercury bromide
ethylmercury chloride
ethylmercury 2,3-dihydroxypropyl mercaptide
ethylmercury phosphate
N-(ethylmercury)-p-toluenesulphonanilide
hydrargaphen
2-methoxyethylmercury chloride
methylmercury benzoate
methylmercury dicyandiamide
methylmercury pentachlorophenoxide
8-phenylmercurioxyquinoline
phenylmercuriurea
phenylmercury acetate
phenylmercury chloride
phenylmercury derivative of pyrocatechol
phenylmercury nitrate
phenylmercury salicylate
thiomersal
tolylmercury acetate
morpholine fungicides
aldimorph
benzamorf
carbamorph
dimethomorph
dodemorph
fenpropimorph
flumorph
tridemorph
organophosphorus fungicides
ampropylfos
ditalimfos
EBP
edifenphos
fosetyl
hexylthiofos
inezin
iprobenfos
izopamfos
kejunlin
phosdiphen
pyrazophos
tolclofos-methyl
triamiphos
organotin fungicides
decafentin
fentin
tributyltin oxide
oxathiin fungicides
carboxin
oxycarboxin
oxazole fungicides
chlozolinate
dichlozoline
dingjunezuo
drazoxolon
famoxadone
hymexazol
metazoxolon
myclozolin
oxadixyl
vinclozolin
polysulfide fungicides
barium polysulfide
calcium polysulfide
potassium polysulfide
sodium polysulfide
pyrazole fungicides
bixafen
fenpyrazamine
fluxapyroxad
furametpyr
isopyrazam
penflufen
penthiopyrad
pyraclostrobin
pyrametostrobin
pyraoxystrobin
rabenzazole
sedaxane
pyridine fungicides
boscalid
buthiobate
dingjunezuo
dipyrithione
fluazinam
fluopicolide
fluopyram
lvdingjunzhi
parinol
pyribencarb
pyridinitril
pyrifenox
pyroxychlor
pyroxyfur
pyrimidine fungicides
bupirimate
diflumetorim
dimethirimol
ethirimol
fenarimol
ferimzone
nuarimol
triarimol
anilinopyrimidine fungicides
cyprodinil
mepanipyrim
pyrimethanil
pyrrole fungicides
dimetachlone
fenpiclonil
fludioxonil
fluoroimide
quaternary ammonium fungicides
berberine
quinoline fungicides
ethoxyquin
halacrinate
8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate
quinacetol
quinoxyfen
tebufloquin
quinone fungicides
benquinox
chloranil
dichlone
dithianon
quinoxaline fungicides
chinomethionat
chlorquinox
thioquinox
thiadiazole fungicides
etridiazole
saisentong
thiodiazole-copper
zinc thiazole
thiazole fungicides
ethaboxam
isotianil
metsulfovax
octhilinone
thiabendazole
thifluzamide
thiazolidine fungicides
flutianil
thiadifluor
thiocarbamate fungicides
methasulfocarb
prothiocarb
thiophene fungicides
ethaboxam
silthiofam
triazine fungicides
anilazine
triazole fungicides
amisulbrom
bitertanol
fluotrimazole
huanjunzuo
triazbutil
see also conazole fungicides (triazoles)
triazolopyrimidine fungicides
ametoctradin
urea fungicides
bentaluron
pencycuron
quinazamid
zinc fungicides
acypetacs-zinc
copper zinc chromate
cufraneb
mancozeb
metiram
polycarbamate
polyoxorim-zinc
propineb
zinc naphthenate
zinc thiazole
zineb
ziram
unclassified fungicides
acibenzolar
acypetacs
allyl alcohol
benzalkonium chloride
bethoxazin
bromothalonil
chitosan
chloropicrin
DBCP
dehydroacetic acid
diclomezine
diethyl pyrocarbonate
ethylicin
fenaminosulf
fenitropan
fenpropidin
formaldehyde
furfural
hexachlorobutadiene
methyl iodide
methyl isothiocyanate
nitrostyrene
nitrothal-isopropyl
OCH
2-phenylphenol
phthalide
piperalin
propamidine
proquinazid
pyroquilon
sodium orthophenylphenoxide
spiroxamine
sultropen
thicyofen
tricyclazole

Last edited:
S

stratmandu

DS:My spots aren't as blotchy as yours, mine are smaller, say bb size, and they make crispy holes in the leaves. I'd already hit her with micronutes and calmag 3 weeks ago just in case, and it didn't help, so I am positive this is a fungus. Holes are too big to be from mites, and there ain't no mites anyway, no webs - I looked with my microscope all over. It spread from bottom to top pretty quick. It is starting to get holes in all the leaves, but since this one is in 7th week of flower, I decided to let her go one more week and chop, and not spray anything. You think this will be OK?

This is my only infected plant, my last WW - because all the others were killed by deer and hogs!

One thought I had was this came from using leaf litter raked up from the area for a natural-looking mulch. I mulched about the same time the weather got hot and humid. Maybe that's a cause...

Also I have decided there are other strains that would probably work far better in this climate, so no more of these seeds (GHS Fem WW) for me. The Haw Snow have not one spot on them, and are growing fabulously in the heat. Only one has started flowering, so they have many weeks to go yet.

Last edited:

whodair

Veteran
see spots on surrounding vegetation ?

picture.php

but overall i think i'm gonna survive this with no treatment

picture.php

picture.php

as they start pouring on the resin im hopin for some natural immunity to occur ....

hamstring

Veteran
whodair
That’s the shit all right but your spots are all small that’s how they start out. Looks like you haven’t had much rain or humidity lately. I can live with those that’s when I discovered mine and sprayed with green cure. Didn’t help the next 3.5 weeks was rainy but even worse so hot and humid you could cut it with a knife.

I would go with the liquid copper DS says it works. Might be a good preventive measure because any water and those spots start growing and running together. Take a look at my picks if you want to see what can happen.

Thanks for posting the pics and Good luck to you

ghost of sage

dont wait!!!

dont wait!!!

Don't chance it whodaire that shit moves so fast you won't believe it!It can go from that to half the bottom being yellow the next time you go!It looks like you have at least 6 or 7 weeks left ytou better put the liquid copper to them now!

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
ghost is right, the shit is quick. Nice plant ghost!

If the plants in those pictures are treated they will be fine and you probably wont have to treat but 1x.

Ive smoked 2 groups of bud from sprayed plants and i cant taste anything bad or chemically, but i worry a little. Most of the safety data for these chemicals come from the manufacturer. They have every incentive to report that everything's great, and zero incentive to tell you about the few male subjects that started growing tits and a pussy.

Im washing mine. Liquid Copper is highly water soluble. After youve trimmed the bud, give them a 15 minute soak and any potential residue will disolve and be removed from the plant. This gentle soak doesnt effect potency or any other aspect of the weed in any way.. THC isnt water soluble, liquid copper is. Trim it, soak it, dry it, jar it.

Here's an oz soaking. Strain with the spaghetti strainer and dry

picture.php

plhkarma

New grower with leaf spot

New grower with leaf spot

Hi all. This thread is awesome....so much info that has been helpful. It appears that we have the same disease that we are seeing on all your pics. We had to pull one plant cuz it was just destroyed by this crap. A friend brought over a fungicide called "Bonide Fung-onil" for us to use. After reading the info on it we are a bit concerned. On this product as well as the Liquid Copper it stresses caution during application...like be sure to not get it in your eyes, on your skin, inhale it, etc.. So do we need to go out and get a bio-hazard suit to apply this stuff? Really would like to hear how you all apply these things safely. Thanks so much for any and all advice:thank you:

:smoke out: :plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts