What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for guerillas with leaf spot diease experience.

Old Piney

dr killpatient.
1693352012905.png

SARKUSH

Hi, sorry for my english, I'm french outdoor grower, since almost 25 years. Had almost all bugs, disease and mold types that exist in my inhospitable 48°N zone.
This year the late season is very good, dry, sunnny, but I started seeing unhabitual leaves spots that I thought were some sort of animal and which have seriously degenerated recently. Has anyone seen this anywhere before? Thanks for your light
PXL_20231001_135235775.jpg

SARKUSH

17th september, it was most green, I'm afraid with speed expansion, can't cut before 15 days at least. I never saw those spots on any plants before.
Thank you for your help
PXL_20230917_150524588.jpg

browntrout

Veteran
Been battling leaf spot disease the last few years. The hardwoods around me all seem to have it also. Some copper based foliage help a little, but nothing full proof that’d I’ve found. It seems to make the plants more insect/mould prone.

I’ll be moving my garden next year.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It would be much better if you used raised beds and bring the plants off the natural ground. If you keep planting in the native ground you will keep getting what you are getting. You've seen the large plant totes or fabric pots people plant to guarantee success.

hamstring

Veteran
Looks like leafminer damage.
Agreed, It doesn't look like leaf spot to me. I deal with it every year. Leaf spot doesn't have those squiggly lines.

Leaf spot normally starts as a small spot and as it grows in size it makes a actual hole in the leaf. I am also leaning towards leaf miner damage.

What does leaf miner damage look like?
  • Leaf miner damage looks like discolored snaky lines or blotches on leaves that give foliage an unsightly look. Typically, mining larvae don’t kill plants, but feeding on plant tissue causes leaves to look bad and fall off. In severe cases, leaf miner attacks can affect the yield of greenhouse and garden crops as well as fruit trees.
By the way,Very Nice garden

SARKUSH

Thanks for your help, It's worst today as the temperatures are still anormaly high. As I understand I can't do much at this point except defoliates the most affected leaves.
Next week tempertures will drop by 50°F, I plan to cut the last week of october so I hope loss will be minimal. At least less than shitty seasons with powder mildew or Botyris ruin my crop.
IMG-888caca498db62e7261bf88380b23283-V.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
this summer it[whatever it is] hit my plants hard and ate all the fan leaves

but

stopped In later flower and left the colas alone including the small cola leaves

the leaves started with those ---->multiple tiny spots

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
you need to remove the leaves before they get necrotic spots, it spreads from spores in those spots and moves on raindrops.

proper mineral levels in your soil will make your plants resistant but they need to be managed so the canopy isn't too dense and they can dry. if you don't get morning sun to dry the plants it's also a problem. strain dependent.

87% Calcium in my soil balance.

wasn't a big problem for me this season but I remove leaves as needed for my wet, swampy conditions.
2-7"s of rain here most weeks this season.
Bed  channel drain.jpg

4 beds here never watered, one bed watered once at the end.

flood bed 3 6.27.23.jpg

in spite of bad conditions when my plants are in the ground and far enough from the stream they finish great when they are maintained.

Trop Cherry all cleaned up
trop c 9. 15. 23.jpg

leaf blower to dry plants if you can but I don't want to attract attention from neighbors so I don't and I get by well. last 2 seasons I had it melt a few plants that didn't get cleaned out in time to where I got zero from them.

Zkittlez
ZkittleZ 10.7.23.JPG

Gelato 33
Gelato 33 10.4.23.JPG

DSC_0446.JPG

manage your plants before nature sends in the fungus to do it for you.
Double OG Chem

BE DOC  Levitate 9.28.23.JPG

DSC_0745 3.JPG