What's new

Looking for guerillas with leaf spot diease experience.

ronbo51

Veteran
Eagle 20 is not approved for any food producing plant. It is used for trees and ornamentals. I am pretty sure you don't want to touch eagle 20, even though lots of guys use it. It's funny this year my tomatoes are pristine from timely applications of LC. Usually they get blight and that's it, regardless of what I spray on them. But my autos have leaf spot when they got the same spray at the same time. Go figure. Since my plants are almost done and I don't want to use copper this late in the game I am using a sesame and lecithin based product called "Organicide". It probably doesn't do shit but it's something to make me feel like I am trying.

jack Haze

Great info Jack! I hope your on to something with that Immunox. I hope i can get it locally.

That should be easy. I picked mine up at Lowes. I'm hesitant to do online shopping and couldn't find the LC locally. Good luck.

GAME

I'm gonna run the Eagle 20 boys. On the way as we speak. So I will be able to let you know how it pans out. Obviously, I want the final product to be of the best quality as possible taking into account a variety of factors ie: Potency, weight, and a good clean product. However, when dealing with issues like this, it's best not to pussyfoot around, gotta smash it with an iron fist. So for me there's no sense in trying out the lower dosage Immunox which could possibly prove less effective and then I have wasted precious time. That's just me though.

Solid advice game, ima stick out the year with LC but next year i would like something that lasted a little longer, im just dissapointed that it took me until now to find this thread. I would of liked to of been spraying my plants before they were infected.

happy growing guys........tristynhawk

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Ive read alot about the immunnox and eagle 20. The Eagle 20 isnt safe for 180 days after application. Immunox is rated safe at 30 days in california but additional doses would increas that time.

I just wouldnt use Eagle 20, its to strong and last to long.

I got some immunox multi purpose today. It was $14 at Ace hardware. Its supposed to be safe at 30 days and i can give it 45 if i spray now. Im only doing 1 plant. It says its "curative" properties are limited, whatever that means. I guess i'll see.

D.S my SS are also only 1-2 wks into flower...Im wondering if the heat would make them flower later? But then again i have sum that are 3-5 wks into flower

Keep us posted on how the immunox does for u

Im spraying nothing but greencure now and a little GARANT

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Im a little puzzled by it tots. Ive grown the fems - this is the 4th year i guess and some started the last week of july and others the first of aug. But this year, them and several other strains are behind by a week or more.

jack Haze

I'm a little North of you DS and all my strains are late. I'm about 3 weeks behind last year. My guess is the heat.

Guess its nothing to stress over, dont want everything done at once anyways..

But i have several that are still not full flowering as of last time out, but lots of pre flowers

Just returned from spraying Immunox multi-purpose. Glad I went with the systemic this time...the copper is definitely not cutting it.
I was out there a week ago and sprayed copper and they are noticeably worse! Not enough to threaten the entire plant but there is plenty of damage.
Probably gona have to include the Immunox into the regular schedule next year, maybe alternate between that and the copper because you can only spray the Immunox 4 times a season.
Anyway, my Holland's Hope are starting to flower, the Big Bud and Blueberry Skunk are a little further along...I hit em hard with nutes, hoping to see some nugs the next time im out!

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Im in the exact same spot strap. Ive got 4 plants that i thought i had killed the disease on but its come back and so i hit with a strong dose of copper and nothing. I can either spray them with the immunox or watch them die. Im spraying.

my survivor

my survivor

This one has come back from the dead, leaf spot had almost destroyed it. I'd like my good friend jagdog for telling me about this thread.

Attachments

• journal pics 001.jpg
    journal pics 001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 21

LazLo

Last year was my first experience with the leaf spot fungus. It was stopped by frequent foliar spraying of diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide. (teaspoon per pint)

This year I began my spraying routine mid July. With 7 inches of rain and high 90's that month, it was important to go into preventive mode early on. Spraying will continue until near harvest. I had no caterpillars and only 1 spot of mold last year.

Taken this AM

I have contributed to this thread before regarding my success with the hydrogen peroxide applications. This spring I watered some in the soil as well. Still found 3-8 worms per shovelful of soil later.

$1 per bottle beats the high cost of chemicals. Doesn't leave any aftertaste and doesn't discolor pistils or buds.

TRY IT ! YOU'LL LIKE IT!

also diggin' the 3% hydrogen peroxide, it took out & is keeping out PM in a damp swamp.

spraying 1/2 cup 3% HP per gal with some baking soda (like greencure) added to alkalize the plant.

the BS is added @ 1 tsp per gal.

its pretty much the same mix as my homemade toothpaste, its GREAT stuff.

* should add that there are other products being used at this time, mostly liquid copper.
__________________________________________________________________________________

LazLo - I did some converting & it looks like your using about 40ML H202 per gal. Im spraying about 120ML per gal which is 1/2 strength from the "imo creditable" place online that convinced me to try the spray. I haven't been using it but for a very short time but it really seems to perk them up & get vigor stimulated ?

I'm a little North of you DS and all my strains are late. I'm about 3 weeks behind last year. My guess is the heat.

Got similar issues with late flowering, all but 1 strain seem to still be in stretch.

Very odd, puts me in a bad position going into hunting season SEVERAL weeks.

Bummer :(

Seems its getting harder every year with the same old shit plus "new shit"...

Ok, so when are we going to be out of the woods with this, or do we never get out? If i recall previous years correctly it was fairly active up till harvest, with the worst occuring during the middle of august.

I did have this under control really well, but than for almost the past 2 weeks it has rained fairly heavy almost every other day. During that time I was only able to make one application.

I just now got back from visiting my girls and this shit is rearing its ugly head again. I was able to spray half of the the girls..My sprayer died midway through, and than a helicopter came so I split...

jack Haze

I don't know about everyone else but I'm ready to leave the woods...Like yesterday!

I should be seeing some decent nugs forming but instead just going into flower.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Yeah, Tactical Farmer/ JHaze, there's no question this is a late year. Ive seen a lot of seasons and some seasons the plants start and finish early and some years are like this one. I dont have a single clue as to why, but i know its real.

I have one strain that ive been growing - NLX Black Domina that finishes by late sept but not this year.

darkstar,, pay close attention buddy because that sort of happened to me and the experience gave me the awareness of how fast this shit can become resistant to the LC. The disease came roaring back on me after i thought i had it under control and when it came back, the LC wasnt very effective.

Yesterday, i hit several plants with IMmunox multi purpose. Its a systemic that can be used on vegetables and is supposedly safe after 30 days. Ill let you know how it works out.

Its my view that the only answer is a systemic - if for no other reason, just the practicality of applications. Rain washes it off and to spray a large plant is a big fuckin job!!! To much work if it has to be done every few days so im hoping the immunox works out.

Lazlo and TF, i have wondered about the hydrogen peroxide, but with this shit if you dont kill it right away it willl get away from you and damage the plant. Ive hesitated over the HP because in the week you stare at the plant to see if its working, the shit can take over. Are you sure its killing this stuff?

GAME

Yeah, I have little faith in the hydrogen peroxide. I have tried it and seen little, if any, difference with leaf spot. Not quite strong enough for guerrilla use. Maybe if the plant is in your backyard and your able to apply it daily. If you are able and do take care of your plant daily, this ceases to be a guerrilla grow and is just an outdoor grow.

GAME

Excellent. Visited one of my areas and the leaf spot has slowed down dramatically with one heavy dose of liquid copper. Even though it has rained a little bit since this application, it seems to have helped quite a bit. I again applied a lighter mixture of liquid copper combined with a liberal dose of Eagle 20 to hopefully beat it down until the end of the season. Most of them appeared to be very healthy and ones that I was worried about not flowering yet, have begun.

Latest posts

Latest posts