What's new

Looking for advise from growers in eastern to central ky

jimmigrow

I've just moved back to the blue grass after spending 25 years in florida where I could grow about anything with no mold my first grow in many many moons in ky.was last year .my trusted white widow suffered badly with mold .long story short what can I grow here that will not mold so easily

oldmaninbc

hello jimmigrow good to see you here at ICMAG, with some research you should be able to avoid the mold issue. People from your area/similar should be wise to strains that are suitable to your environment.

Rodehazrd

Hey there jimmie welcome back to the Hillbilly Nation.
I got away with blue dream one year
I find most of the haze strains do well. Bangi by Ace was my favorite. Pineapple Express by G13 had very little mold and it was a lot of wet that year.
I spray baking soda a lot as a precaution gotta get it down in the spot where the buds meet the stems.
Lollipop method helps with circulation, I don’t usually pull any fan leaves but if it’s moldy weather I do to keep air stirring
I use vpdchart.com to know when to worry about spraying. Definitely start spraying before you see pm or bud rot
Good Luck
Hazard

Painter

I’m going to be running chemdog d x chemdog 91 by csi Humboldt outside this yr. I grow in a shed too. Got pistachio icc, lemon frosting and sticky icky green point seeds goin right now. I’d like to stumbled cross some old Kentucky cuts or beans to run

Old Piney

Welcome! I'm in New Jersey in the same climate zone, I believe we have similar weather, that's hot humid summers , heavy dew every night and wet a autumn. I did a quick check of of native and common trees to kY and I see you have all the same trees growing. I'm sure you got the same critters about and more importantly the same insects. I've finally found after over 40 years of growing that most of my mold problems are caused by cabbage worm, They kill portions the buds causing bad gray mold that spreads. I'll first see the little white butterflies adults , they lay eggs on the developing buds. I keep a close eye for the tiny worms crawling around and then spray with BT caterpillar control it's a organic biological. Usually I might see another flush of the a few week latter and spay again. Got to get the little bastards before they bore in. My neighbor grows white window and has no problem except the worms. It's also important to keep a close eye for any dead organic matter , tree leave extra. Good luck

Welcome! I also lived in KY & Florida.

Everything in my current area easily molds also, and I agree with the guy above me; a lot of the times it's started by pest damage. I'm also on the search for a couple of plants that either outrun or resist the mold.
You can try autos like people suggest they'll be early if you set them out early... but you can find plenty of photos that will be done by mid/late September (tell me when you find it, ill get a pack too lol).

Mentioned above also, make sure to clean up the bottom of your plants. You don't need to full lolipop, but circulation is gonna be way more important now than breezy ass Florida.

Something you can try with you Widow; veg her up and drop it outside in spring. The light hour shift will throw them into flower, and unless they have a really long flower time they should finish before trying to re-veg.

Rodehazrd

“Something you can try with you Widow; veg her up and drop it outside in spring. The light hour shift will throw them into flower, and unless they have a really long flower time they should finish before trying to re-veg.”

I put sfv og out mid may she flowered quit and later flowered again I thought it was stunted and never caught up with the ones put out June 10 is there a trick to keeping her in flower?Used clones in thirty gallon pots

“Something you can try with you Widow; veg her up and drop it outside in spring. The light hour shift will throw them into flower, and unless they have a really long flower time they should finish before trying to re-veg.”

I put sfv og out mid may she flowered quit and later flowered again I thought it was stunted and never caught up with the ones put out June 10 is there a trick to keeping her in flower?Used clones in thirty gallon pots

Really all I could suggest is setting them out earlier if possible (mid April?). By the end of June you're already up to the longest light hour days of the year.

Rodehazrd

I’ve had good experiences with baking soda for mushroom issues.one year I used green clean the soy based oil it was good but no better than the soda although I’m on a high ridge friends in the bottoms hav more trouble but they get good jars every year with just the soda
Hazard

Lugo

Veteran
I've just moved back to the blue grass after spending 25 years in florida where I could grow about anything with no mold my first grow in many many moons in ky.was last year .my trusted white widow suffered badly with mold .long story short what can I grow here that will not mold so easily
Well i'd suggest growing some old school Colombian Punto Rojo or Colombian Red Hair like back in the day!