What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a quality Flexible LED ribbon/tape

Hi there I’m curious if there are flexible strip light led rolls that would use something like the Samsung 301 diodes ?

I’m looking for 8mm wide led strip light (single row of diodes ) that I can put into channel extrusion.

Many of the prebuilt led lights which come on a pcb style board are mixed with 3000K & 6000k & far red diodes (usually 2-3 rows of diodes ) .

Is it possible to find mixed diodes in a single strip? Generally can only find single kelvin rolls like 3000,4000,5000,6500 etc.

I have found some flexible 2835smd rolls that are adjustable between 2700-6000 on Amazon, but I’m guessing their CRI is very low.
Amazon.ca

Legalcdn

Not a bad find. This could work great for side lights.

What happens if power outage? Timer reset?

Not a bad find. This could work great for side lights.

What happens if power outage? Timer reset?
That’s one thing I dislike about these types of Amazon lights , the controller is not a hard switch on or off , so not sure if it would turn back on or not. Albeit it also has wifi control so maybe that would kick in ? Might be easy enough to cut out the switch controller and just make it a straight plug that you could put into a smart outlet ???

Do you know if these types of lights can work as well as 301h (3030) or 2835,5050, 2616.

I’m still learning about led strength , so not sure if something like this light would be as good or better. Watts vs volts vs lm/watt etc.

Rocket Soul

Hi there I’m curious if there are flexible strip light led rolls that would use something like the Samsung 301 diodes ?

I’m looking for 8mm wide led strip light (single row of diodes ) that I can put into channel extrusion.

Many of the prebuilt led lights which come on a pcb style board are mixed with 3000K & 6000k & far red diodes (usually 2-3 rows of diodes ) .

Is it possible to find mixed diodes in a single strip? Generally can only find single kelvin rolls like 3000,4000,5000,6500 etc.

I have found some flexible 2835smd rolls that are adjustable between 2700-6000 on Amazon, but I’m guessing their CRI is very low.
Amazon.ca
Mixing 2 white diodes: it doesnt do anything special to your spectrum that one diode wouldnt do: if you mix equal parts of 3000 and 5000K you get a 4000K spectrum. Seen it tested. The reason light makers use 2 separate spectrums is more to do with strategic diode purchase: you can build any white spectrum from 3000k to 5000k rather than being stuck with all diodes in 4000k. If you dont know exactly where youre going to settle it makes more sense than buying diodes in you target spectrum.

So any 3000-4000k led ribbon should do you fine. Dont think theres any with monos added.

GF-Z

deficencies flow chart 1.jpg

Ive put some 6000k together with 2700k and they are doing great. (I could say even better than my 60$ cheap led for flowering)
But sadly half of blue ones burned, bcs my reckless hands shorted 1 driver and got booom.
After leaving 23w of blue and 85w of yellow I reallised plants are streching way too much in preflowering (was perfect for indica dom, but wasnt so great for sativa hybrid as it left big gaps)
So better choice would be 5000/6000k with 3000k mixed 1:2.5 ratio ~~ depending on your led diode spectral chart. It would make more solid cola.
Also for this I would recommend to search for HIGH OUTPUT 24v led strips, they are more powerful and you will have no problems of dimming strip at the end. (thats the problem with long led strips running at 12v)
As I see you have double diodes. Those should be good, but you must find a higher output leds, mostly its like 14.4w - 23w PER METER (sry americans).
Also led count per meter(sry again) is big factor. Some have 60led/m, some 120led/m and some even 220led/m .
So do your research about it, but be careful, more powerful strips will require cooling and there is big chance of shorting out, due to humidity.

IP 20 are not waterproof, so direct water can make things go KABOOOM.

IP63 is pain in the ass to soldier as they have silicon coating, but they are water proof.
(i use ip20 and others ip63, no problems so far)

If you know what you are doing - buy separate colour high power led strips with separate drivers for each of them.
Some high power (200w +) drivers have 2 outputs, so you can use same voltage 2 different type of strips to connect them separately. But I would go for double (yellow / blue) if you can find it at reasonable lumen per watt range.
There is a lot of options with led strips, but as far I made experiments - they work and they will give you nice flowers (i have beautiful resin production without any IR/UV), but not as efficiently as samsung 281b and nowhere close to 301h. And led strips are being blowed of by samsung 301h EVO .
Most of led strip lights are limited to 100lm/w for longevity. (50k hours+)
I found some in my country which are 151lm/w. (30k hours rated)
And most of bugdet grow lights can fit into 200-300 american $.

Attachments

• 20231011_123225.jpg
    20231011_123225.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
View attachment 18927250

Ive put some 6000k together with 2700k and they are doing great. (I could say even better than my 60$ cheap led for flowering)
But sadly half of blue ones burned, bcs my reckless hands shorted 1 driver and got booom.
After leaving 23w of blue and 85w of yellow I reallised plants are streching way too much in preflowering (was perfect for indica dom, but wasnt so great for sativa hybrid as it left big gaps)
So better choice would be 5000/6000k with 3000k mixed 1:2.5 ratio ~~ depending on your led diode spectral chart. It would make more solid cola.
Also for this I would recommend to search for HIGH OUTPUT 24v led strips, they are more powerful and you will have no problems of dimming strip at the end. (thats the problem with long led strips running at 12v)
As I see you have double diodes. Those should be good, but you must find a higher output leds, mostly its like 14.4w - 23w PER METER (sry americans).
Also led count per meter(sry again) is big factor. Some have 60led/m, some 120led/m and some even 220led/m .
So do your research about it, but be careful, more powerful strips will require cooling and there is big chance of shorting out, due to humidity.

IP 20 are not waterproof, so direct water can make things go KABOOOM.

IP63 is pain in the ass to soldier as they have silicon coating, but they are water proof.
(i use ip20 and others ip63, no problems so far)

If you know what you are doing - buy separate colour high power led strips with separate drivers for each of them.
Some high power (200w +) drivers have 2 outputs, so you can use same voltage 2 different type of strips to connect them separately. But I would go for double (yellow / blue) if you can find it at reasonable lumen per watt range.
There is a lot of options with led strips, but as far I made experiments - they work and they will give you nice flowers (i have beautiful resin production without any IR/UV), but not as efficiently as samsung 281b and nowhere close to 301h. And led strips are being blowed of by samsung 301h EVO .
Most of led strip lights are limited to 100lm/w for longevity. (50k hours+)
I found some in my country which are 151lm/w. (30k hours rated)
And most of bugdet grow lights can fit into 200-300 american $.
I second that 100% no kaboom