What's new

Looking for a Grapefruity strain

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the Dr's search very good stuff
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=206616.. you both are on the same road,car pool

Thank you Paladin, I appreciate.
Only with help of passionate people we'll be breeding a true grapefruit jems.
Soft420 will be here soon to explain his passion for the new stw4 (next on my list)....:tiphat:

said the fat leaved, "indica" ones are most grapefruit...

but yeah, NYCD is known for grapefruit. maybe the NYCD female seed would be a good choice if your into female seed.

True.
If you choose the nycd path go for indica leaves, NYCD S1 gives a good example of this. Leave aside hawaian sativa phenos.
Probably to go through non femmed seeds I would choose swt4 anyhow. NYCD is a bit 'not what used to be' in a regular form nowadays.

SPG is a clone on my 'next' list. It should be one of parents of grapefruit and swt. Getting the original should be good...

Rusty I love this image! Really gives the idea...
Best grapefruit karma to everyone in here
Regards
Dr. P

D

dramamine

Here's my NYCD, which is from the 2003 release.

picture.php

She's almost beyond grapefruit.....I think of rhubarb every time, and the flavor coats your mouth after smoking. Interesting thing, a family member grew her for years, using organics in pro-mix. The grapefruit diesel skunk flavor was always there and it was great smoke. But it was always real earthy (muddy), which I like sometimes........but I was delighted to discover her tart rhubarb essence after the first run in coco with canna nutes..................................................her aroma is so strong that I start laughing when I stick my face in a big jar.

Like Craven says, "She's a sour!"

PS...I recently knocked her with a nice smelling male SD IBL and got a few hundred seeds, at least. Also made a few NYCDxSwt99 for some sweet/sour action, I hope. Peace dudes...

dr.penthotal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my NYCD, which is from the 2003 release.

picture.php

She's almost beyond grapefruit.....I think of rhubarb every time, and the flavor coats your mouth after smoking. Interesting thing, a family member grew her for years, using organics in pro-mix. The grapefruit diesel skunk flavor was always there and it was great smoke. But it was always real earthy (muddy), which I like sometimes........but I was delighted to discover her tart rhubarb essence after the first run in coco with canna nutes..................................................her aroma is so strong that I start laughing when I stick my face in a big jar.

Like Craven says, "She's a sour!"

PS...I recently knocked her with a nice smelling male SD IBL and got a few hundred seeds, at least. Also made a few NYCDxSwt99 for some sweet/sour action, I hope. Peace dudes...

Really nice one Dramamine!
I like the fat compact and frosty nugs she gives you:)
I like laughing alone when I smell at a jar....:jawdrop:
As rhubarb you mean some 'bitter orange peel' tones (cannot find any better description...) I found in some phenos or that kush/earthy tones in taste that some nycd have?

Your outbreed sounds interesting. Give some as freebies to have some feedback and try some by yourself next round... Some keepers are there for sure.
Dr.P

dr.penthotal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does this mean what we might say in English "citrusy"?
Like not one certain fruit, but just similar to lemon, lime,orange, grapefruit?

Exactly man!
It was a 'free' translation...:comfort:
My agrumes is Citrus family of trees and fruit.
Like not one certain fruit, something that oranges, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, lime, bergamot and many others have in common.
Tnx :tiphat:
Dr.P

Here is a Grapefruit Diesel (Next Generation) I grew out earlier this year.

picture.php

Grapefruit x NYCD i believe?

Yummy ripe ruby grapefruit odor, taste, very diesely on throat! :)

D

dramamine

Good Dr. P.....thank you! The rhubarb flavor is what you'd kinda get if you mixed pink grapefruit with some ascorbic acid. That vitamin C flavor. Of course, there are the diesel and skunk/earth tones beneath, too. But that's the overwhelming taste. Strange, but I would never have thought of her as "sour" before the coco runs. Shows to go ya...

...and that was the plan, to send in the NYCD x Sour D beans to the SF. I've been so happy with some of the crosses I've gotten there in the past. I kind of want to make sure they're freebies, though.
Just popped a handful last week and plan to do a thread on 'em. Wanna make sure there'll be good stuff in there, as it's the first cross with the male. I am hoping to find some grapefruit phenos, as this NYCD cut is really a standout...

M

MummyCat

Those pics trigger the same thing in my mouth as thinking about eating sour gummy worms

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOTF might be behind the wheel of some hot rod driving it through a multi-state road trip, thats what happened the last time he dissappeared for a few days.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The swt#4 is pure sugar coated pink grapefruit. Even in outcrosses, kksc x swt#4, that aroma was apparent even in the stem rub. More so, the structure and flavors of his (SOTF) swt#4 appear to be dominant traits...meaning if you have a nycd that is gf'ity...a male from his line would not likely interfere with your expected / desired goal...

dank.Frank

Dogen

I keep hearing NYCD has grapefruit phenos, but have never had the pleasure of encountering one. A guy at work recently was going on and on about getting some NYCD smoke from a buddy and how great it was, and he thought it was pretty citrusy. I wish I could have asked him more questions about it, was just too cautious I guess. Dangit.

Sativa: Femaleseeds.nl Grapefruit
Indica: SwT#4 as all the others have mentioned...
Myself, I love all the SwT# lines but personally the most grapefruit smelling plants I have ever grown were femaleseeds grapefruit. I ran 8 under a 600 in a house where I'd had serious odor problems before as the building was constructed in such a way that all smeels just seemed to travel from house to house... wierd. I ran the grapefruit and just as I'd thrown them into 12/12 my ozone gen screwed up, bulb died so I was stressing badly but as the grow continued I realised the smell wasn't all that bad and eventually when i got my replacement bulb for the ozone gen I felt I didn't need it (4+weeks into flower) although to be safe I still ran it. End of grow nothing had changed, I swear the smell was nothing like pot at all and a friend who I had called (RIP Nate) to help trim who was a hardcore smoker walked into the house and said "where's the bud? I can't smell shit" only to realise it was on a table nearby. He did however leave for refreshments a few hours later and halfway through trim returned with a look on his face as if to say WTF? why are you letting that smell out? and it turned out after trimming the bud smell had come out to a certain degree and his keen nose noticed it from a couple of houses down so the Ozone went on and we ducted all the trimming room air outta the bathroom with the ozone cleaning it beforehand of course. As far as during the grow however, the smell was full on ripe red grapefruit and after cure the same but with hints of other fruits in there. I have just picked up more beans of the strain and would like to know how the new batch fare as this all went down in '05, hope the new beans produce plants that are just as good.

Latest posts

Latest posts