What's new

Looking for a good daytime strain.

Kushion

Hello, I'm looking for a good daytime strain that is a good mood enhancer. I want something that is fairly mellow and doesn't knock you on your ass. I get paranoid easily so it needs to not set that off. Just a clear happy high.

I will be growing indoors, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Get Lemon Skunk fella..

It's been my daytime smoke for years now, light, active buzz, sweet taste..
DNA's is very stable and good, Greenhouse's has massive variation, but has some absolute winners.. Look for the Indica phenos, real fast, yield good 2..
:)

Kushion

Thank you for the responses so far. A bit more info on what I am looking for. I don't have access to cuts, so I will be doing a small order, probably a few different single seeds. I'm just going to be doing a small personal grow. Also, I don't have much interest in hunting for phenotypes, so ideally I would like to find something that is homogeneous, or stable, whatever the appropriate term is, and available in female seeds.

Thanks again and please add any ideas. The Lemon skunk from DNA is the most appealing so far.

Booner47

Get Lemon Skunk fella..

It's been my daytime smoke for years now, light, active buzz, sweet taste..
DNA's is very stable and good, Greenhouse's has massive variation, but has some absolute winners.. Look for the Indica phenos, real fast, yield good 2..
:)

While I'm sure the Indica phenos are fast and heavy, I don't think they will be a very good daytime smoke. Last year I grew Dutch Passions Shaman and was very pleased with it as a day time smoke. It brings you up and then back to normal. No down tired feeling. And I didn't have any hermie issues with them, as they were feminized seeds.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find what you're looking for.

V

vonforne

Master Kush. Nice flavor. Mild high that lasts. Did I mention nice flavor?

V

Kushion

While I'm sure the Indica phenos are fast and heavy, I don't think they will be a very good daytime smoke. Last year I grew Dutch Passions Shaman and was very pleased with it as a day time smoke. It brings you up and then back to normal. No down tired feeling. And I didn't have any hermie issues with them, as they were feminized seeds.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Thanks for the recommendation. Shaman sounds nice. Did you grow it indoors? It is listed as an outdoor strain.

Master Kush. Nice flavor. Mild high that lasts. Did I mention nice flavor?

V
Thanks. From which breeder would you recommend?

S

Space Ghost

Skunk #1, mellow, no paranoia, no raceyness, a very good old school functional high... Hard to beat in my book, Performs like a champ indoors and out...

Kushion

Skunk #1, mellow, no paranoia, no raceyness, a very good old school functional high... Hard to beat in my book, Performs like a champ indoors and out...
I like this suggestion. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible with other aspects of the grow, so why not go with a classic.

Is there a particular breeder you would recommend?

S

Space Ghost

Just looked through seedboutiqe's cat. and I'd go with Mr. Nice "shit", sounds shitty, I know, but it sure isn't it's a strong skunk/afghan cross (and skunk #1 already has quite a bit of afghan in her, so it's not really watering things down)

If you're broke go with nirvana's or paradise's "belladonna" (a mostly skunk variety that is extremely underrated IMO) which are both very affordable.

But in all seriousness, the return you get from the seed purchase more than justifies the price. But always remember, super high price doesn't always equal super high quality.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am gonna try the Skunk as well. I remember mellow highs off of a couple strains that were called Skunk back in 70's and 80's. Problem is, everything was called Skunk to sell it back then. Nordle from Mr. Nice looks good too, old Afghan hash strain.

L

lordofthenugz

Hawaiian Sativa, C99, Lemon Skunk, Chemdog, Island Sweet Skunk, SSSDH, SSH.

My first grows to get my chops before any purchased genetics was always some kabang bagseed. Those usually ended up being sativas and very good daytime. Might try that, save money and find your own phenos you like to make seed stock from and always have what you want to smoke :)

Kushion

Thanks for all of the responses. There are some nice choices and I will have fun narrowing it down to a couple.

@ Lordofthenugz I have done pretty much exactly what you recommended and got a grow in from some good bagseed to get things sorted out. I grew two different strands. Now I am confident and want to see what some well-known strains have to offer in my small setup. My friend still has the mothers and is growing off of them if I want to go back to those.