What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Local materials

Rico Swazi

MM, the word play master :tiphat:

That volunteer from the compost pile was moved to a new hugelbed.
Looks to be a watermelon

picture.php

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well okay but you guys will have to get your own song to play at the wake

this ones mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_y9FB0QKk

I've gotta dedicate that song to some I've recently encountered over in the 'Speakers Corner'. [not you right wingers either]

I just had a memory pop up from the deep recesses of my mind today.

It was early fall but late enough for the larch to golden and we were about ten miles back in the bush cutting up a firewood snag. Like a splash came two identical, I mean identical, giant muley bucks each with an enormous rack keeping perfect stride shoulder by shoulder as they bounded down the road past my 68 GMC. My life has been blessed.

T

Teddybrae

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? Have you been drinking,MM? (Altho I dig your muley bucks story.)

Fragmented thought processes = not joining the dots = no understanding of cause and effect = saying one thing and doing another. In Australia = talking shit.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? Have you been drinking,MM? (Altho I dig your muley bucks story.)

Fragmented thought processes = not joining the dots = no understanding of cause and effect = saying one thing and doing another. In Australia = talking shit.

Not a drop
Just as I had assumed - waxing sarcastic

Follow the dots.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay

Okay

So I bent some feathers in my backwards time warp so....
back to plants

First off a big reward to the one who identifies this plant. At first I thought an interesting weed, then perhaps a tree, then maybe Jack's bean stalk. Anyway it grows like an old barn on fire and tomorrow it dies (I hope)

baby dearest
picture.php

outgrowing citrus tree
picture.php

cut in half
picture.php

a true monster
picture.php

picture.php

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some more glimpses

the previously mentioned alfalfa patch
picture.php

mullein
picture.php

wormwood in bin
picture.php

wormwood in ground and mullein, young cayenne
picture.php

St. Phatty

Why does that remind me of

pResident Trump ?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cuttings

cuttings

I've been using toilet paper rolls and 4 litre water bottles for rooting cuttings. I just cut the top off the bottles and put grooves in the edge so it can be wedged back in place, creating mini greenhouses. Depending on the size/species of plant(s) being propagated one or more cuttings are put inside; using cups with drainage holes or toilet paper rolls.

The media used is mostly peat moss. I mix in sand and a tiny amount of topsoil but I'm sure any of the 3 will work.

Once rooted the toilet paper roll can be peeled away or simply plant the whole thing. Local bugsn'worms will gladly consume the cardboard.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
So I bent some feathers in my backwards time warp so....
back to plants

First off a big reward to the one who identifies this plant. At first I thought an interesting weed, then perhaps a tree, then maybe Jack's bean stalk. Anyway it grows like an old barn on fire and tomorrow it dies (I hope)

baby dearest
View Image

outgrowing citrus tree
View Image

cut in half
View Image

a true monster
View Image

View Image

Poke?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytolacca

Rico Swazi

if its poke , make yerself a salad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

Great pics MM, wonderful transformation from nothing to something
everything looks vibrant and alive

you may have said earlier, what is your elevation?
on a private well ? what is the groundwater situation?

Kudos to Carlos for all the hard work in the garden and compassion for his fellow man.
The world could use a few more people like Carlos

Thanks again
enjoy your day:tiphat:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if its poke , make yerself a salad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

Great pics MM, wonderful transformation from nothing to something
everything looks vibrant and alive

you may have said earlier, what is your elevation?
on a private well ? what is the groundwater situation?

Kudos to Carlos for all the hard work in the garden and compassion for his fellow man.
The world could use a few more people like Carlos

Thanks again
enjoy your day:tiphat:

Marcos actually. We are becoming good friends as we learn from each other. He picks up some gardening and old farmer carpentry/building pointers while I garner Mexican culture, the many uses of bondo, artistry in steel and tile plus I get the bonus of spending time with his 2 delightful sons (6 and 7).

About 5000 feet; Municipal aquifers piped to my holding tanks. I'm about 1/2 mile from a lake.

T

Teddybrae

Now, see ... for a Logical Gardening thread it seems to me the logic here is fragmented.

Rico Swazi (What's in a Username then, eh?) wondered why humans plunder the earth and I replied fragmented thought processes is part of the problem.

Thus plenty of context and no sarcasm ...

Ooroo from the Land of Oz

no context

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first I want to have an organic garden because it is an environmentally sound practice. Then I want to fly to Amsterdam to go to a cannabis fest.

First I say I want to save the atmosphere, then I buy a gas guzzling SUV and modify the computer to belch clouds of smoke

Fragmented sarcasm?

Rico Swazi

Marcos actually. We are becoming good friends as we learn from each other. He picks up some gardening and old farmer carpentry/building pointers while I garner Mexican culture, the many uses of bondo, artistry in steel and tile plus I get the bonus of spending time with his 2 delightful sons (6 and 7).

About 5000 feet; Municipal aquifers piped to my holding tanks. I'm about 1/2 mile from a lake.

Marcos, not Carlos , so sorry, tell him I've never been good with names ...or jokes:)

Same lake you posted before then. very cool. Looked fairly pristine, contaminated at all?

I'm a bit envious of those that are able to glean from nearby waterways. The source of my medicinal horsetail and nettle at the time was found to be polluted with all sorts of toxic chemicals ten years or so ago. Benzene was the worse IIRC, but I am sure there were many forever chemicals that they didn't know at the time to test for. That is why I have dedicated myself to growing my own
picture.php

the latest flood left part of a staircase from an illegal building built on the floodplain. You can see it in the distance.

Plenty of context here Teddy my friend and no sarcasm when I say my friend.
Agreed, virtually no thought process at all when people cant see the staircase in the stream as a bad thing,

Sorry again, just frustrated is all.
Thanks for not giving up on me

Latest posts

Latest posts