What's new

Lobsterbush's Room of Funk -Round 2

lobsterbush

Hi everyone. :thank you:

Thanks for stopping in to check out my thread. This is my second diary on here but I have been dabbling in the horticultural arts for awhile now. Certainly have more to learn and I'm always up for hearing some tips and tricks from those more knowledgeable than me.

4x5 grow area
3 gal bags
4 Rx #2 (Romulan x Fucking Incredible)
1 Rx #7
2 Mix 2 (purple bananna/berry smelling buds)
mixed up some peat, compost, espoma starter plus,lime , and about 30% or so perlite.

I have Pure blend pro and Sweet raw on hand to help them chunk up

I was running a 1kw MH ballast with conversion bulb and a crappy old reflector. I was lucky enough to run into a great deal on a brand new 1kw HPS system with cool-tube. I haven't hooked up my filter with it yet because I ran out of duct but I will take care of that in a couple days.

picture.php

It's been hot as hell here so I had been keeping my clones under CFL, they stretched some and I have been tying them down trying my first feeble attempt at some LST.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm going to try to put some more in there around week 4-5. If there is room that is. Even if it is just a couple I really like the idea of the perpetual once a month or so harvest. I've got some clones almost ready to be transplanted so I'm excited to try this.:biggrin:

lobsterbush

Clones almost ready for bigger pots.

picture.php

Figured a couple bud shots will make this first page more interesting.

mix 2

picture.php

Rx 7

picture.php

Rx 2 :rtfo:

picture.php

T

Tarus Bulbar

Whats up Lobsterbush!!
Nice lookn plants bro Very healthy
Im keepn an eye on this run

lobsterbush

Thanks guys. Things may be slow here at first but I assure you things will start frosting up here in no time.

I forgot to mention those pics were taken on fist day of flower, wish I could have let them veg for a little while under the big light but I need some good nugs.

lobsterbush

Day 7 update

Plants are loving the new light and starting to stretch and fill in. I think I have some light bleaching on a few leaves of two plants but I don't think it is too bad. They went straight from under around 100 watts of Cfl to the 1kw so I expected to see something.

picture.php

Here is a shot of one of the Rx 7. I was plesantly suprised with this pheno. Didn't really give it that much attention last time (from seed) but it was some really nice smoke. Can't wait to fill some jars of this, they were the first to empty last time.

picture.php

Feel free to say hi and give me any tips/advice. I still have plenty to learn.

lobsterbush

Thanks KW, I definately need some of these ladies back in my jars. Just got my filter hooked up, they are already starting to smell nice.

lobsterbush

Day 14

picture.php

What a difference a week can make. A few plants are pretty small and spindly but hopefully that will allow me to fit some more in there in a few more weeks. Some other plants are really loving life right now.

Rx 7

picture.php

picture.php

Rx 2

picture.php

Mix 2

picture.php

lobsterbush

Day 21

Things are chugging right along. I'm feeding pretty heavy now with PBP and some sweet, they are starting to yellow a little more than I would like at this point so I'm still giving them a little grow food with the bloom.

picture.php

Mix 2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lobsterbush

Rx 2 - My favorite funky greasy girl. There are a couple more of these in there but this is the most photogenic.

picture.php

picture.php

Rx 7 - I think she likes being tied down. What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for checking my grow out. Let me know what you think

lobsterbush

Day 28 update

Everything is swelling up and cruising right along. A couple plants still showing they want more N but I'm cautious of giving them too much this far into flower.

Anybody have any tips on this? Should I give the N hungry girls a feeding of only grow nutes?

Next time I will make sure there is more N in my soil mix to begin with. I thought the compost and espoma would be enough.

picture.php

picture.php

lobsterbush

Mix 2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A little purple starting to come through but couldn't really capture it yet. That will change shortly, its always fun to watch the colors start emerging from these buds.

TommyKarma

Hi, looking very good. I am a first time grower and would like to know why you are so hesitant with giving extra grow nutes (not bloom nutes or do you mean the same?) at 28 days of flowering? I know chemical nutes aren't all that good to give late in bloom or when you give too much. But do you really think (or know) a little nutes in bloom will have that much effect on quality and taste in the end? If you ask me I would give them some extra nutes but like I said I'm new to this.

lobsterbush

I am hesitant because I have always been told that you shouldn't b.e feeding lots of N in the middle of flower. I think I would be alright feeding full strength veg nutes once but don't want to affect the taste of my meds in a negative way.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Just got here! Subbed for sure

You should really throw up some reflectix

Things are really getting fat in there. I will be watching

lobsterbush

You're probably right about needing some reflectix or something in there. I'll try to grab some when I've got the extra cash.

Thanks for stopping by things are starting to Get frosty

Latest posts

Latest posts