What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

W89

Veteran
good to see ya man i got fed up with RIU too many dick heads making sarkey comments licking up Subs arse haha

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Wow...so many geniuses on one thread...I am blessed to have found this. Quick question for all these great minds - I have recently mixed up a bunch of soil mixes that are "cooking" in my yard. They have been cooking since late december. I stuck my head in one of the containers yesterday and smelled ammonia...not too strong, but definitely present. I know this is a natural part of the nitrogen cycle, but it is also related to anaerobic organisms. Should I be concerned? I took the soil out of the bins and spread it on a tarp in the sun yesterday, but it's raining today so I had to fold up the tarp. Just wondering how long it will take for the aerobic organisms to take over...or what exactly I need to do for ideal soil conditions. Thanks in advance
Cann

Take a pitchfork and turn your soil mix every few days - it'll be fine.

HTH

CC

Cann

good to see you as well, I'm glad to be here. think i'll be sticking around indefinitely...might even relocate my grow journal. getting pretty pissed off at RIU as well...its not worth the effort that it has become lately. there are a few redeeming threads, but besides that it's all trash. pseudo-organics but not true organics like it is over here...

W89

Veteran
best one i liked was that dude pushing canna nutes growing VEGANICS!!! he was getting sick from bat guanos and chicken manures or some shit like that but canna gives him the cleanest tasting clean burning bestest super weed ever

rrog

Veteran
Cann, this is ground zero. Read this thread from the beginning and you will see.

Your soil fungus sounds great! Maybe the added aeration helped.

W89

Veteran
Oh you mean the exodus cheese clone only i think its a skunk 1 from sensi seeds from around '89 a illigal rave crew from luton area had it originally and passed it around.. would like have a go on it just to see what the hypes about I tried greenhouse exo cheese was shit covered in resin funny thing it didnt hermi but had tiny little soft seeds in the caylxs stunk to high heaven but weak as shit

Cann

CC - thanks for the response, I'll get to turnin :)

w89 - lol yeah the whole veganics thing is killing me...wize up lol...was watching his videos on ice wax and he kept on saying "trichromes" lol it was making me cringe...

rrog - sounds good, I'll get to reading. not sure what is causing your soil mix to excel ahead but i got some good pics today. does ICmag use external file hosting? Cause I cant figure out how to upload the picture....once I do i'll show you - its beautiful.

U

unthing

cann,

user menu on top>my albums>create new album>upload

it might be that you need a bit more posts or time, not sure.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CC - thanks for the response, I'll get to turnin :)

w89 - lol yeah the whole veganics thing is killing me...wize up lol...was watching his videos on ice wax and he kept on saying "trichromes" lol it was making me cringe...

rrog - sounds good, I'll get to reading. not sure what is causing your soil mix to excel ahead but i got some good pics today. does ICmag use external file hosting? Cause I cant figure out how to upload the picture....once I do i'll show you - its beautiful.

Yah, I think I made a note about the pronunciation...but Matt sure does make the best cold water extract I've ever encountered. Is he still going the Canna nutes route? I thought he was off that.

Status
Not open for further replies.