What's new

Live 8 live.....

G

David was never better - I saw him/them in 1977 & went home & bought an electric guitar the next day / I hope they tour – Zep I will meet U at one if they do!

The whole day was great & a day in Rock history to be sure
The Who - Jason Bonham was GREAT!

Stevie Wonder; 'It's time for love'

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I thought JB was solid with Who Are You/Won't Get Fooled Again... I want MORE! Funny Fredster, I saw The Who a week after JE passed... with Plant.... and they had Zack Starky back there... they have a thing for the 'Next' Generation lol.... btw, Bonham was a bit better.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Me too Farmer...me too!!! They were just awesome! Incredible!
But I'm a bit sad too, thanks Stankbud for hitting the nail on the
head!

Here's a link to download the Pink Floyd set with Waters and Gilmore
from last night's Live8 for anyone who wants it:

http://web.mit.edu/amna/www/pink.wmv

Reunion concert???? Where ever it may be...if it comes about...I will be there!

:friends:
dg

G

Thanks for that link DG -

David Gilmore has become my guitar hero all over again - his solo in C.Numb is breath-taking & brings out emotions in me I can't explain or put into words /
(Please God let them reunite for a tour)

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around and chose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, run rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.
Money it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack.
Money it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullsh*t
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet
Money it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?
Come on, now.
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts,
Can you show me where it hurts?
There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can't explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.
Ok.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more ...Aaaaaahhhhh!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working. Good.
That'll keep you going for the show.
Come on it's time to go.
There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

G

Waters and Gilmore played together again (I missed the show)?!? That is one reunion I didn't think I'd ever see. God...please let there be a reunion tour. I saw the "Animals" tour back in '76, and been a Floyd addict ever since.

G

It would appear that some of us are destined to meet, for I too will travel any distance and pay any price to see Pink if they tour. It was so nice to see groups I grew up with performing yesterday....the Who ...Stevie Wonder.....Paul McCartney ( so sad there will NEVER be a Beatles reunion possible ).I know it will not make me any younger, but perhaps by attending a reunion concert, it will allow me to recapture a moment of the joy and lust for life I had when I was younger.I donno, that probably sounds stupid, but when I stop to consider the dreams and the plans I had 25 years ago and the way things turned out....I just feel so jaded....

G

Amen Fredster.......I've ALWAYS loved Gilmore's leads......always so emotional......like his guitar is singing/crying.

Amen Farmer John!!!!!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
What'd you think of the 'always steady' Nick Mason... he looks younger than he did 25 years ago... but he always looked like an old fella lol... he was good ~

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Oh yeah a tour is in order...I thought it was just going to be Pink Floyd less Roger Waters..When I saw Roger I was floored.
Thanks for that link DG...downloaded it and am listening again right now. MTV cut in..in the middle of Comfortably Numb and yaked about some bullshit while Pink Floyd was playing in the background..I'm screeming at the TV like a mad man...What The Fu..

G

http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/highlights
A link to all the live shows /

Yes..I am still watching some of the shows

A MUST watch IMO is - Sting; 'Driven to Tears' = fricken burrning hot & right down my pipline. :hotbounce
(Zep - Sting's drummer is HOT & the BEST of the day IMO - Nick Mason & Nigle Olsen (EltonJ) is close behind

In all it was some of the finest live music put out in a lot of years - some incredible engery/passion/emoition went into a LOT of these shows.

Of all the shows = LONDON ROCKS

ya'all have a blessed day
:bandit:

Joss Stone - :yoinks: I don't care if'en she can sing a lick (pun intended) she is HOT :yummy:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Sting was fab and I was diggin' his band too Fredster... did you check out the set from Coldplay with the dude from The Verve... that was some solid vocalization, imo. I can't find Def Leppard's set, any clue? The more I watch what Floyd did I see just how effortless it is for these gents... especially Gilmore, who just doesn't miss... They are the king of all R & R... of course Zeppelin is a prince :smile:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
There will be no tour........

There will be no tour........

Virgin Radio reported here that Pink Floyd was offered a North American
tour for £11 million (which at today's exchange rate is about $20 million USD) :yoinks:
and they have DECLINED the offer. Very sad, don't think we are going to see them
all together again. :badday:

Either they just don't need the $$$$$$ or there are irreconcilable differences between
the members where they can't stand to tour with each other...no comment was
given other than they declined the offer, so it's left to speculate as to the real reason.

dg

G

<- thinks irreconcilable diff's, + they don't need the $...

it is too bad, tho'...

dubmantx

Ehh i hate how mtv hypes some shit like this up. I admit it is cool to see most of these bands play but they ruin all the benifit you get from floyd, the who, neil young, mccarney etc by throwing in some MTV pushed crap eminem and fiddy. Plus it was a charity event that didnt raise nearly the money that it could have.
Anyways. Good bands and its good to have a floyd reunion but ill just stick to live shows and festivals instead of watching MTV cut to commercials in the middle of sets. See yall at Austin City Limits!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I guess it depended on what media you chose to watch the performances on if traveling to the main event in the UK wasn't an option...MTV was but one avenue to watch it, BBC (available in N. America via cable) or AOL links had uncut versions, shame you didn't tune in to one of those. The link I posted was uncut...check it out (on a previous page in this thread).

dg

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
We'll see Floyd live again... they've toured every few years since the fallout of '80. If you haven't seen them, they are second to none without Pink in the lineup.... Mason, Wright, Gilmore, the old farts... they'll be jamming to the end. :cool::yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts