What's new

Live 8 live.....

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Ahhh, what I meant zepp was that the offer to tour was made to them 'including' Waters, and they stated their tours are over, no more, with or without Waters. That's what virgin stated here...just repeating the news, and that's it...no tours, not for any price, with or without waters.

Hope they change their mind....with or without him.

dg

myrth

i'd almost give up growing to see them in concert...with good seats mind you...and a back stage pass...and the knowledge that the concert i was at would be on a dvd soon...and to have them say that i was way cool and that i was responsible for bringing them back to tour...

-myrth

dubmantx

Pink Floyd should tour with les claypool instead of waters. Im sure he knows all the songs and he kinda sounds like him too... only les would smoke waters in a bass dual anyday!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Wow DG... that blows me away. I knew that Gilmore would go out on top of his game, but not now!!! I think passion can come and go... It does take much out of all involved.... to gear up and execute a tour across seas, but we hopefully haven't heard the last of Floyd. If so, what a ride it was... they were a 'Crazy Diamond' in the rough... I'll sit back, 'Wish they Were Here' and 'Have A Cigar' to celebrate it all...

G

I'll throw Billy Shehan or Chris Squire up against Les Claypool

I love me some Oysterhead though

Tex

G

I saw Zep in 1977 @ the LA Forum

I saw Billy Shehan with S.Vie - Billy is one hot bass player - but would not fit the Floyd - Squire won't fit eaither.

Nathen East is my Cool-Cat on the bass

I look for Gilmore to do something

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Fredster... everytime I see you post that you saw Led Zep in '77 I think I gaze at it for about 5 minutes just day dreaming... I saw JPJ on a North American tour in '99 and he's a class act man... just style. Put my kit next to a kid by the name of Tony Franklin and call me good to go... :cool::yes:

G

I watched this online and it was just fantastic, i really dig this kind of thing.
Loads of great performers, wikkid tunes and the ability to go from Paris to London via the click of the mouse was just very handy indeed!!!!!!

I cant believe i saw Pink Floyd! woot!

G

zeppelindood said:
Fredster... everytime I see you post that you saw Led Zep in '77 I think I gaze at it for about 5 minutes just day dreaming... I saw JPJ on a North American tour in '99 and he's a class act man... just style. Put my kit next to a kid by the name of Tony Franklin and call me good to go... :cool::yes:

I flew out & had 4 OZ of Killer Gold bud with me - I got right up front & only stayed for a little bit - eeek - when I went around/under a baricade
I ended up sitting within 50 ft of the stage

G

Thanks for the floyd concert link dg!

Id be first in line to see Pink Floyd with Claypool...