What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

little oil making session

G

so I made a little bit of oil the other day and got some pics of it.....so here we go

first shot all the material I need:

1624littleoilses-med.jpg

next I put the butane through the tube into this pyrex dish, here you see the butane boiling off:

1624boilbutaneboil-med.jpg

1624gettingthere-med.jpg

1624closer-med.jpg

at this point I stick the pyrex in the freezer, let the oil cool down, and reheat I do this three times and end up with:

1624done-med.jpg

then its smoking time!!!

162401_14-med.JPG

I have a better method of smoking oil I will post pics tommorow...till then stay high

G

little more info...I usually only use Colibri Butane but wanted to try something different...when it comes to getting a good butane it really comes down to you get what you pay for....Colibri is NOT cheap by any stretch, but do the mirror test(spray some butane on a mirror, after it boils if it leaves a residue that's bad) and you will see Colibri is the cleanest....I can't stress enough that you are using a HIGHLY flamable substance use EXETREME DISCRESTION....

Rule #1 do it outside

Rule #2 NO SMOKING ANYTHING

Rule #3 if Rule #1 and #2 didn't naturally occur to you DONT MAKE BHO

racketeer

I don't get it, why not smoke next to the butane fumes?
:p

HB, how do you scrape that ish from the pyrex cup? I have a hard enough time scraping it from a plate.

G

I made a perfect tool....I will post pics of it tommorow also....man I am freakin Macgeyver when it comes to getting the last of the oil

racketeer

hahaha

That's muh boy! that's what I'm talkin' about!
:)

Just be sure you dont forget to post them pics, it just might happen with you smoking all that yummy ooey gooey lookin' madness :D

Gday HIllbillie

Gday HIllbillie

Thanks for sharing your oil making antics,
im yet to having a go at making it, you make it look bloody easy.
Thanks for sharing your tips. Catchya later man, the footy is on.

Cheers,
Leeroy

G

HillBilly,
Nice Post & I Agree With Your Choice Of Butane. That Is An Important Point. I Would Also Like To Ask If That Is A Copper Pipe Your Using?? If So, I Would Stop Using That!! Copper Oxidies & I Don't Think That's A Good Thing For Your Lungs. I Made My First Tube From PVC. But Then I Found That I Was Being Told That The Butane Disolved Something In The PVC. So I Then Made On From Stainless Steel. Sorry, I Don't Have A Pic & Stopped Mak'in Oil About Three Years Ago. When I Disided That The Bubblehash Was More To My Liking. Maybe Rezdog Still Has The One I Made Him Or He Might Still Have A Nice One That I Saw He Made From A Stainless Steel Pepper Shaker. I Also Used To Us A Stainless Steel Bowl To Collect & Keep My Oil In. Anyway, I Just Wanted To Give You A Heads Up. That Is If You Want One:)

Pines

466DSCN0205-med.JPG

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
All this BHO is a bit scary to me....have smoked Soma's and it is awesome, but, a couple questions from a BHO newb :p

Isn't is a bit dangerous to boil off the butane? (okay, nobody laugh...I just don't have the exact method down and always thought mixing gas like that then cooking it down could be a bit tricky:confused: perhaps volatile:confused: What precautions do you use to keep things calm.

You boiled it down 3 times....is that to get more of the butane evaporated or ..... ????

Just wondering....have never made any....was always too scared to try it.

:wave:dg

G

Butane's boiling temp is very low(room temp), and yes it is dangerous....butane is heavier than air so it stays low to the ground....the key in being safe is good airflow(that's why I recommend doing it outside. I take a pot of boiling water let it cool slightly and put the pyrex in there....all this does is speed up the process....and as far as freezing and reheating I do this to insure ALL the butane has been fullly dissolved...

Tallpines: Copper does NOT oxidize....PVC does....in fact you shouldn't use ANY plastic.....and as far as stainless steel it can SPARK WAY to easy....Copper is good Glass is the best....

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey DG, no need to be scared, its easy, im a total newb, i did it a few wks back, as long as u follow the directions to the letter, and keep safety in mind, no problem. its killer, to make some string shit, tht is clean too, from trash.

G

I was lucky enough to find Colibri and one of sorta local Head shops....before that I had to goto cigar shops & come up with wild and zany excuses why I needed soooooo much butane.....at the headshop I get 0 questions....sometimes I knowing smile

my tool to make honey

my tool to make honey

Hey there Hillbillieonpcp ,
really into oil ummmmm. :p
Yea that stuff is the " Good " stuff,
just wanted to share a little unit we made here for just that fun :D
Ever seen something like this ?:eek Works using a hot & cold tech. :D
2638jhandcom-01-med.jpg

Works very nice , Ever tried the 99% method , that works well too just need alot, :p
Peace, :D
Liberty :wave:

Honey Oil Yummmmmmy !!!

Honey Oil Yummmmmmy !!!

This is it
For the Sweet Tooth we have,
An Alien made it for us :D :alien:
Each tube holds 14 gr. gives a gram or more back.
Works beautifully,
Also we use activtated carbon filters to get all the nastys out
( post making pics later )
PURE GOLD TO RED COLORS !!!!
SOARING :D
This is the best, makes great salves for rubbing on sore joints too !!! , will last up to 3 days between apps. great for those unwanted pains and spaz attacks at nite while trying to sleep, :D
2638jiz-01-med.jpg

Peace Give Thanks and Praise JAH Rastafari
Liberty :wave:

friendlyfriend

Veteran
ok me and truekemist are trying to make some oil and I personally wanted to do an iso quick wash but I rather do this method since the colbri butane is readily available. Wooo HOO....

BUt, We have a big problem. I have no clue how to build the extraction tube. Can someone please explain to me in simple terms or sell me one at a reasonable price because I am not as handy as liberty nor hillbill....

And with a budget of less than 50 bucks perhaps a iso or acetone quickwash might be in order. Thanks in advance. :D

You can get a honey bee extractor for 25 bucks... the plastic didn't seem to effect the taste of the oil and the whole process was pretty easy. just put the dry, crushed herb into the plastic tube- stick the the can of butane into the other end and watch the oil start to sparay onto a tray or whatever you chose to use at a base. you just keep repeating this untill you run out of butane. im sure there are better and safer ways but this was the eastiest i've heard of. plus, we got the bee extractor for free, so we had to try it.if you want to borrow the extractor, let me know. anywhow, the oil came out pretty soilid but if you prefer it more puddylike add a little water. overall, i think it's a fine product we used less than an ounce and got a couple of grams worth of sick oil..:)

good luck

Never use plastic or PVC with butane

Never use plastic or PVC with butane

2638DSC01449-thumb.JPG

Sorry guys that Honey bee is a total rip, Not safe to use, will crack. and for as your health, PVC was not made for extraction purpose's , it will stress crack, your butane is below 40 degrees below 0, its will take along (butane fluids ) with the oil the chemicals used to make the PVC, I cant stress any further to NOT USE A Honey Bee or USE PVC:(
We do not recommend / sell this product at all to any Meduser , or reg. customer. I have to sleep at nite.
Use a tube of glass , Stainless steel anything ( well not really ), just dont use the Honey Bee or PVC products in making butane extractions,
Please:) ----------------:)
As far as water you want to remove that , (theres a process about using water)
For thining use 99% Iso, or everclear 100 proof (if you can find)
Peace,
LB. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts