What's new

light-proofing cabs?

BagseedSamurai

Im looking for ideas on how to proof my cab from light. Ive been having trouble with it, cloth seems to be too transperant to light.

How do YOU do it?

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
sticky back door weather striping i use 1/2 wide x 3/4 thick

Oh - it looks like this from the side
___
( O )
¯¯¯

More or less.. it's hollow on the inside anyway and sticky adhesive flat on one side and the part your cab doors would hit is rounded.

Last edited:
For my c-24 i use one of those mylar car windshield protectors. It covers up the main door very well, I just weighed it down w/ a bottel of neem oil on the top shelf

G

I light sealed the doors on my cab by using black caulk. Used it to make a gasket. Just put it all around one side & put vaseline on the otherside that the door rests against. Close the door for 24 hrs. to allow the caulk to cure.
Don't loose a single photon around my doors. Works great!! First saw this on OG last year.

Bh

I still think your going to find that weather stripping is the easiest solution - it sticks right on - its forgiving, and it only cost u around $5

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Bipedalhominid said:
I light sealed the doors on my cab by using black caulk. Used it to make a gasket. Just put it all around one side & put vaseline on the otherside that the door rests against. Close the door for 24 hrs. to allow the caulk to cure.
Don't loose a single photon around my doors. Works great!! First saw this on OG last year.

Bh
What all will caulk stick to? :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts