What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Light manifold to exhaust your room through your lights....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i needed to exhaust my room and air cool my lights with one fan, so i had to come up with something.....

manifold has a 10" exhaust and 5 4" intakes.....

this manifold works very well and lowered my temps 6-10 degrees depending what time of the day it is.....

manifold is connected to a 10" airbox, which is connected to my exhaust fan...

with materials, it cost around $120 for 2 of them to be built.....

i think this is a kickass way to do what i needed to be done.....

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you ever want it re-done with sheet metal I know a great shop that does excellent work for rock bottom prices. Still gonna be more expensive than wood, each box would prolly run you 120.

looks ideal for bare verti too homie with the duct above each bulb

with the peace

krunchbubble

Veteran
If you ever want it re-done with sheet metal I know a great shop that does excellent work for rock bottom prices. Still gonna be more expensive than wood, each box would prolly run you 120.

the hvac shop i use, which is dumb cheap, quoted me $440 for two manifolds....

i went with wood......

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Krunch, no shit, redesigning a room and was looking to do a 'central exhaust' system.

I have space for 2 rows/3 lamps...I was gonna try running a 12" straight-duct, along the ceiling, with 6" inlets for the lamps, basically the same premise as what you're running there.

What are your ambients like this time of year?

Looks good man, and thx on that other tip :ying:

Peace,

SSM :joint:

krunchbubble

Veteran
Krunch, no shit, redesigning a room and was looking to do a 'central exhaust' system.

I have space for 2 rows/3 lamps...I was gonna try running a 12" straight-duct, along the ceiling, with 6" inlets for the lamps, basically the same premise as what you're running there.

What are your ambients like this time of year?

Looks good man, and thx on that other tip :ying:

Peace,

SSM :joint:

it took me tons of time to figure out how to aircool my lights and exhaust my room with one fan, had so many designs, finally came up with this one.....

i run my lights at night and the temps are in the 74-78 range in the grow rooms with all 10 lights going in my house, i use no intakes.....

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I keep telling my homie that I'll help him build a manifold for his 6".
I try to explain normal house HVAC with that 16"x12" box connected to a bunch of 6" for your registers.
Sometimes the parallels don't sink in right for people.

P.S. Nice job Krunch. Will 'nutthugging hater #1' try to discredit this too? Only time will tell.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Hey krunch, is there a carbon filter involved?
If so, where is it?

yes, its an 10" airbox , its on the very right of the picture....

it goes airbox, makes almost a u turn into the manifold, had to do it that way because the airbox was already installed there, no other way....

the exhaust fan in a fdk 12" that i split into two 10" duct runs to both rooms.....

the fkd is a good 20 ft from the airbox, so by the time the exhaust reaches the lights, its a good 30+ ft away.....

still good suction, if the temps are to high in the rooms during the summer, i will add 10" booster fans to the manifold....

Herborizer

Veteran
This looks great Krunch. Good job man.

Though, I don't claim to be any expert in fluid dynamics, but I believe in that design the path of least resistance will pull most of the air, which might cause an in-balance. I know it's a lot of extra resistance, but I believe thats why most people do it inline.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i went with wood......
Americans?
My family has been doing HVAC for a while. We tried to stay with the local HVAC shop but the chinese do it so much cheaper and faster. What are the dimensions of the box? I'll get you a quote and if it's more than 160 per manifold my name is Mud.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
looking pretty sweet. once again, i get that little gray box telling me to spread it around to other people.

aod

eyes

Veteran
Are those ss1's with no glass? so basically your pulling heat and smell through the light and filtering through the airbox?

How well do those airboxes truly work in late flowering compared to a traditional round filter?

Is that the 3 filter model? whats the weight of the each filter and how long do they last?

Thanks

G

growingcrazy

Looks good KB! I like the temp drop.

Homedepot sells plenum pieces for hvac that work great in this manner...different sizes and as simple as cutting your round take-offs for each hood. Works great every time.

forty

i went with wood......

that's fkn pricey for some sheetmetal. i used oversized duct for the plenum/manifold, cap the end, light duct shoots come out the side. all home depot stuff. best method for light cooling hands down.

Attachments

• DSC04239.jpg
    DSC04239.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 16