What's new

Light burn?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
too much fertilizer, i can see the burnt tips on all the leaves and the fan leaves are curled down, flush with plain water

i got that with my leaves once when i forgot to water a plant for days, when i watered it and it came round it looked just like that

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
I don't think that is the problem the GTH that you see the picture of has been in the same soil for a while, probably a month, only received water and a tea a while ago.

the plants at my friends were just transplanted into new soil, but it was the same mix of soil they were already in and when they were put in that mix originally it was hot but that was a month ago...

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
I don't think that is the problem the GTH that you see the picture of has been in the same soil for a while, probably a month, only received water and a tea a while ago.

the plants at my friends were just transplanted into new soil, but it was the same mix of soil they were already in and when they were put in that mix originally it was hot but that was a month ago...

then it must be ph of the soil is off...one way or another you must flush your plants, then give them a good dose of ferts not too strong

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
they've only been getting straight water for a long time, I don't think your advice is right.

Joe is right and you are right.

Your soil mix is too hot and you are being burnt by your soil. Light burn is a lighter color that that. Joe is right nutrient burn. You are right you have only been giving water.

The tea help that burning also. Organic nutrients could have taken effect just a week or two ago. What did you use sea based?

Your soil is burning continue the watering or figure out that soil. Just asking why is there hay on top? Your plant is also stretched, too much nutrients, that would be your other sign or LOW light.

Trust me, this German/Thai girl got me like that in Stuttgart! lol

Good Luck Friend!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
they've only been getting straight water for a long time, I don't think your advice is right.

its up to you weather or not you want to take my advice, but its not like your problem can be 100 things, its either too much nutes, or a ph problem, even if your giving it straight water for a long time it does not mean that your soil ph is correct, have you tested it? whats the runoff ph? runoff EC? what kind of soil? did you add anything to it?

these are all things that will help you narrow it down, but just from the pics its either a ph problem or too much nutes...

so like i said, its up to you weather or not you want to take my advice, but it is not wrong, and its not like im handing out bad advice, im the type if i dont know then ill say that i dont know...

either way, whether its a ph problem or too much nutes, fushing will briung your soil back to where it should be.

since you think my advice is wrong, lol...ill wait and see how many other different answers you get from other members....GL

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
the clones I speak of were transplanted only a few days ago at both locations, and like I said, all things same... they were watered in and inoculated equally.

they were healthy prior to transplant...

Z

Ziggaro

Sure looks like nute burn to me. Now you didn't list what you put them in, but some soils can last way more than a month, and can build up nutrients and burn plants if they don't use the nutes fast enough. You should probably take the advice you were given..

Z

Ziggaro

okay, so how would you explain this then...

we had many clones of our bubba/og all things the same with them...

the clones transplanted at my house do not show this problem, while same clones transplanted into same soil at my friends house with all other variables being the same besides light intensity show the problem...

what do you think about that?

Hotter temperature will naturally require less concentration of nutes as the plants take up water faster due to transpiration, therefore leaving more nutrients behind to concentrate in the soil.

bickeyb

i dunno where you are from but im up here in nor cal and on a couple of my outdoor plants have 1 or 2 leaves exactly like yours.. they showed up on thursday after a couple super hot days! they have been in the ground for a while and have not yet had any nutes given to them

i dunno where you are from but im up here in nor cal and on a couple of my outdoor plants have 1 or 2 leaves exactly like yours.. they showed up on thursday after a couple super hot days! they have been in the ground for a while and have not yet had any nutes given to them

What do you have in your soil?

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Hotter temperature will naturally require less concentration of nutes as the plants take up water faster due to transpiration, therefore leaving more nutrients behind to concentrate in the soil.

yes, this makes perfect sense regarding trouble with the clones we've experienced.

however, don't you think it's weird that the ghost train haze I pictured above would experience this when it has been in that soil and been doing fine for at least a month while receiving only straight water and all of a sudden coincidentally at the same time as the clones get hit with this problem?

Edit: I should also mention that the ghost train haze shares in common with the recently transplanted clones the fact that it was moved outside to be under the sun at the same time. This is another reason why I stuck to the sun being the problem, it seems like the consensus is that it was a problem of hot soil which was brought into light (bad pun) by the sun...

we're in the Northern California area too.

S

SeaMaiden

I've sunburned/scorched a LOT of cannabis, and it has never looked like that, especially mid-plant. If it were sunburn it would be the newest leaves affected most, not newest leaves unaffected and mid-plant leaves the only ones affected.

So, I'm going to call it as either a K-, or an issue with Z (-? possibly). Look here, scroll down to the description of K- and what you're depicting and describing seems to match it best.
http://5e.plantphys.net/article.php?ch=t&id=289

We are also in NorCal and this seems to be the same issue.

Please understand that the soil is not too hot and the ph is not off. These plants were planted directly into the same mix as starts and did fine. They were exposed to the same sun pattern as they are now, only in a greenhouse.

I have 6 plants on the property in the same pots/mix/etc. The plants in them are in perfect health and the only difference is the amount of heat/light they are dealing with.

I'm pretty certain the issue has to do with intense heat/light in combination from just being transplanted and perhaps the roots not having time to set.

I have backup starts in the greenhouse that are doing excellent still, I'm just trying to corner this problem.

TY