What's new

light advice for 2x3 tent

spaghettitime

I have two 300 watt king blurples right now and was looking for something to upgrade to or that I could add to the tent for flowering. Last time I tried some autos with just the blurples and the plants were super tiny.

Right now I am considering either one of the 135W QB kits from HLG. The 260W QB V1 or the SpiderFarmer SF-1000.

Anyone have any advice on any of those or wanna recommend anything different for a 2x3 tent?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It would be nice to have 35w a foot at your disposal. 6 foot. That's unbearably hard maths. But I think a 240w light is the norm in that region. ~170$ near source

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Have you considered adding 2700K and 3000K SILS around the lights? I've thought about 'kits' for older LEDs for a bit now, but they're simply too inefficient now for a viable project. Probably want low chip count SILs, to match the power output of your existing lights.

'Boogieman'

I have a Spider Farmer sf-2000 which would cover a 2x3 space. I think the sf-1000 would be lacking in your space.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have two 300 watt king blurples right now and was looking for something to upgrade to or that I could add to the tent for flowering. Last time I tried some autos with just the blurples and the plants were super tiny.

Right now I am considering either one of the 135W QB kits from HLG. The 260W QB V1 or the SpiderFarmer SF-1000.

Anyone have any advice on any of those or wanna recommend anything different for a 2x3 tent?

IMHO, the SF 1000 is a great choice, and a perfect fit for your tent size. Unlike HLG, it's diode nm choices come very close to the McCrea Curve, a huge plus, and the diode nms are evenly distributed throughout the entire board

hth

indagroove

Veteran
You could get a HLG QB96 and crank it up to 200watts for pretty cheap.

$70 for the LED w/heatsink and under $60 for the driver:

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/qb96-elite-v2-quantum-board-engine

HLG-185H-54A - https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mean-well-usa-inc/HLG-185H-54A/1866-2407-ND/7703963

With the wire, connectors and hanger you can have it all done for around $150. Don't forget the diy10 discount code at HLG.

That comes out to $0.75 /watt for the complete fixture, and it's quality stuff.