What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liberal social media censorship

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But you didn't have a problem with Facebook and Twitter pushing the Russia collusion nonsense. You are never consistent, and for that I can't take anything you say seriously. Nobody debunked the Hunter allegations by the way, but I wouldn't be surprised if you believe Adam Schiff once again.

a hell of a lot more evidence of contact between active Russian agents and Chumps folks than there is RE the Biden "crimes". gosh, could there be a link between the 2?;) the allegations against Biden are from pro-Russian Ukrainians who have lots of reasons to feed Giulani all the lies he could swallow....which is nearly as many as he is capable of spewing. (he is a lawyer, you realize. no matter how bad of one.) you advertise that you want to eat dirt, somebody will sell you all you want...:bigeye:.

'Boogieman'

a hell of a lot more evidence of contact between active Russian agents and Chumps folks than there is RE the Biden "crimes". gosh, could there be a link between the 2?;) the allegations against Biden are from pro-Russian Ukrainians who have lots of reasons to feed Giulani all the lies he could swallow....which is nearly as many as he is capable of spewing. (he is a lawyer, you realize. no matter how bad of one.) you advertise that you want to eat dirt, somebody will sell you all you want...:bigeye:.

Russian collusion has been debunked, it's over with. The Hunter Biden allegations have not been debunked and that is a fact.

Next...

Absolem

Russian collusion has been debunked, it's over with. The Hunter Biden allegations have not been debunked and that is a fact.

Next...

A innocent person doesn't have to prove their innocence if they haven't been charged with a crime. Nothing to debunk since no charges have been filed. Maybe you should go back to the witch trial days where if you were thrown into a river and drowned you were presumed innocent. Your logic seems to fit that time period very well.

I've also noticed that those on FB who complain the most about FB or Twitter censoring their posts are the first to remove posts of those who disagree with their political opinions in the threads they start.

X

xavier7995

Which is why I said I'm going to assume it's true.

Honest question, were you upset when Russia allegedly influenced the 2016 election with fake stories?

So you can understand that what Facebook and Twitter does has major influence on our elections correct?

Medium...what goes around comes around regarding election tampering. We've meddled since the 50s, only fitting to have someone return the favor.

They absolutely have a big impact. People shouldn't get the news from them though. It is what it is, but it shouldn't be. Social media is a place to share your views, unfortunately it is also shaping them.

*A bit o snark, but corporations are people too, per the Supreme Court case cheered by Republicans. Why don't these "people" deserve the same rights as any of us to champion the candidate of our choice, the decision allowed endless cash...this is just a cash equivalent, they (facebook/twitter) are just putting up a yard sign...in their really really big yard. Not our fault the successful tech companies are all progressive leaning.

*i like this argument (though not seriously making the point) and will defend it like Rittenhouse defended his buddies gas station ayyyyeeeooo!

Absolem

Medium...what goes around comes around regarding election tampering. We've meddled since the 50s, only fitting to have someone return the favor.

They absolutely have a big impact. People shouldn't get the news from them though. It is what it is, but it shouldn't be. Social media is a place to share your views, unfortunately it is also shaping them.

*A bit o snark, but corporations are people too, per the Supreme Court case cheered by Republicans. Why don't these "people" deserve the same rights as any of us to champion the candidate of our choice, the decision allowed endless cash...this is just a cash equivalent, they (facebook/twitter) are just putting up a yard sign...in their really really big yard. Not our fault the successful tech companies are all progressive leaning.

*i like this argument (though not seriously making the point) and will defend it like Rittenhouse defended his buddies gas station ayyyyeeeooo!

Smooth.

Time to start twisting that ruling to favor progressive groups. Find the opening and run with it.

SuperBadGrower

Twitter is the purest form of e-cancer since tumblr :biglaugh: they should censor more. All those platforms should censor more. That will kill them. Unfortunately the internet is never going back to normal because all those hordes of absolute moronic NPC sheeple found their way online thanks to the "Smart" phone.

'Boogieman'

A innocent person doesn't have to prove their innocence if they haven't been charged with a crime. Nothing to debunk since no charges have been filed. Maybe you should go back to the witch trial days where if you were thrown into a river and drowned you were presumed innocent. Your logic seems to fit that time period very well.

I've also noticed that those on FB who complain the most about FB or Twitter censoring their posts are the first to remove posts of those who disagree with their political opinions in the threads they start.

Your kind went back to the witch trial days four years ago so spare me the bullshit. Also when did I or anyone who posted in this thread have anyone's post deleted? Hunter may want to prove his innocence because the value of public opinion is strong.

Absolem

Your kind went back to the witch trial days four years ago so spare me the bullshit. Also when did I or anyone who posted in this thread have anyone's post deleted? Hunter may want to prove his innocence because the value of public opinion is strong.

Hunter doesn't have to prove shit to you or anyone else. If he committed crime then let the charges fly.

My bother in law complains about FB shutting down some of his posts. Then when I comment on his page he deletes mine. See the irony your kind posses?

'Boogieman'

Hunter doesn't have to prove shit to you or anyone else. If he committed crime then let the charges fly.

My bother in law complains about FB shutting down some of his posts. Then when I comment on his page he deletes mine. See the irony your kind posses?

If Hunter doesn't care about public opinion then sure... One of the lefties Kyle Rittenhouse shot was a child molester, see the evil your kind possesses? (Let me know when you can carry a conversation past the logic of a 12 year old child)

Absolem

If Hunter doesn't care about public opinion then sure... One of the lefties Kyle Rittenhouse shot was a child molester, see the evil your kind possesses? (Let me know when you can carry a conversation past the logic of a 12 year old child)

Whatever meme boy.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
But you didn't have a problem with Facebook and Twitter pushing the Russia collusion nonsense. You are never consistent, and for that I can't take anything you say seriously. Nobody debunked the Hunter allegations by the way, but I wouldn't be surprised if you believe Adam Schiff once again.

- Adam Schiff Hmmmm - he wouldn't by any chance be related to Jacob Schiff? - who financed the Russian communist revolution - way back in 1917? - who's Father was related by marriage to the Warburg's - who financed the German Nazi party in 1933 -

- Schiff - quite a name - and quite a history of funding BIG political change - communist and fascist -

armedoldhippy

Veteran

he didn't shoot him because of his past, he shot him because he's a scared punk kid that had no damn business being out with a firearm carrying dreams/delusions of grandeur. whoever let him take that rifle out of the house & head to another state to be a "hero" needs to go to jail, with him. what about the other folks he shot? dug up any reasons for their death/injuries yet?

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Next...

being ignored by the GOP in the Senate does not equal debunking. until we see the unredacted evidence in the files, we won't really know how much cooperation there was between the GOP & Russian intelligence agents. Biden's "allegations" HAVE been looked into twice by GOP investigators who came up with exactly fuck nothing. now you want us to take it seriously at the last moment when material mysteriously "appears" (and could possibly be manufactured by the same folks that twisted the news in 2016) that you hope is real. lol...nope, nothing fishy smelling about that, lol.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are too big to just turn the other cheek, they have a monopoly on news and use communist tactic to silence anyone who bursts their bubble. Break them up or let us sue them, nobody will change my mind.

Spoken like a true lefty.

he didn't shoot him because of his past, he shot him because he's a scared punk kid that had no damn business being out with a firearm carrying dreams/delusions of grandeur. whoever let him take that rifle out of the house & head to another state to be a "hero" needs to go to jail, with him. what about the other folks he shot? dug up any reasons for their death/injuries yet?

everyone he shot was leftist criminal scumbags who well deserved to be shot... Kyle is a hero and a good warning to the leftist out there as to what happens when you fuck with he wrong people

being ignored by the GOP in the Senate does not equal debunking. until we see the unredacted evidence in the files, we won't really know how much cooperation there was between the GOP & Russian intelligence agents. Biden's "allegations" HAVE been looked into twice by GOP investigators who came up with exactly fuck nothing. now you want us to take it seriously at the last moment when material mysteriously "appears" (and could possibly be manufactured by the same folks that twisted the news in 2016) that you hope is real. lol...nope, nothing fishy smelling about that, lol.

Your team is massively corrupt and if wasn't for all the collusion and backroom deals both Biden and Oboomba would be under criminal charges...Trump is a saint compared to those 2 shitballs

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because communist countries practice authoritarian practices like censoring anyone they disagree with. I go by what communist countries do, not the made up fantasy version of communism that lefties believe in.

Wow, I didn't know the US is communist.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are shutting down any negative news story about Biden while parroting any made up negative anti Trump story. It wouldn't be a big deal but everyone uses social media so the left wing Communist practices must be stopped. I understand you love your news monopoly but this is not what our founding fathers intended. I'm not crying I'm telling you what I think. I can certainly hear any opinion without accusing you of crying, perhaps you should be more like me.

If you really supported what the founding fathers wrote, you would support the true function of the electoral college; learned 'men' who make a decision concerning the suitability of a prospective president....certainly not what it has become.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I passed my broadcast license in the late 60's ( man am I old, holy cow am I old ), there was no way a licensed news person had control over what was read. There was a censor ( Think Good morning Vietnam )

Now maybe that's changed ( are we more free or less free now? ), but I don't think so ....... View Image

P.S. There was also a program director who made sure

I'm glad you pointed that out...most do not realize the influence of the US government over media. eg. the German subs attacking and sinking dozens of ships on the east coast kept out of the news.