What's new

Lib Dems to Legalize Cannabis if elected!

mr.brunch

Veteran
I understand your point of view, but the alternative is what we got right now ... being treated as criminals for doing something that harms no one.
All of the politicians, no matter what party, are only after your votes and money.... they are all cut from the same cloth. It's just refreshing to see a policy that addresses legalisation rather than the old ' dangerous drug ' bs.

Also , I don't think that allowing homegrowing would even dent their profits.... most people can't be bothered to grow their own and would buy it.
We're all allowed to brew our own beer at home, but they're still selling a shit load of beer.

Spaventa

Veteran
They would also overturn Brexit.

Its like if the only person offering to babysit for you is the local pedo.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Also , I don't think that allowing homegrowing would even dent their profits.... most people can't be bothered to grow their own and would buy it.

Colorado tax intake goes down alittle every october,lessons will be learnt and applied when legalization comes to irl/uk, you may not go to prison for home grown, but my god, revenue and other money sucking parasites will be after you.

Home grown license =watch your insurances soar through the roof.

Vote for may and your stuck smoking hay:tiphat:

Spaventa

Veteran
Why do cannabis advocates and users so often suggest taxing it? Why should anyone pay tax on cannabis? Alcohol places a MASSIVE financial burden on the government so theres an argument to tax it to recuperate the expenditure it causes. Theres a better argument to just ban it but thats another argument... but theres NO burden placed on the government by cannabis use - quite the opposite in fact. Those who choose to buy/grow weed rather than take prescription drugs save the NHS millions. Those who choose to stay home, get stoned chill with the mrs don't require ambulances and police in the town centre to deal with mess.

We don't need to offer the government an added payoff to justify legalisation - its justified by the money its would SAVE the country.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Everything is taxed in this country.... some things twice ! Anything considered a luxury item has VAT slapped on it too ( and they consider things like hot food and chocolate biscuits to be luxury items) so if we ever do get legalisation you can guarantee it will be taxed.
That's how such a tiny country such as us remains a largeish player on the world stage... by taxing its people to death.

Don't get me wrong though, taxes aren't a bad thing.... it's just that they are not spent correctly, imo.

Spaventa

Veteran
Everything is taxed in this country.... some things twice ! Anything considered a luxury item has VAT slapped on it too ( and they consider things like hot food and chocolate biscuits to be luxury items) so if we ever do get legalisation you can guarantee it will be taxed.
That's how such a tiny country such as us remains a largeish player on the world stage... by taxing its people to death.

Don't get me wrong though, taxes aren't a bad thing.... it's just that they are not spent correctly, imo.

You misunderstand. Im fully aware of the governments prerogative to tax us. What I don't understand is why so many US who would like to see it legalised are so enthusiastic about it being taxed and offer it up in these discussion like its some kind of trade your offering the government. Its pathetic. People should demand its legalised for all, for any purpose they see fit and reject any ridiculous, corrupt and disingenuous proposal of putting a tax on a fucking plant.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Believe me , I would like to see it growing everywhere- free to pick and use as anyone wants.
But that is extremely unlikely to happen- weed has become a commodity and has a market value.

Spaventa

Veteran
Believe me , I would like to see it growing everywhere- free to pick and use as anyone wants.
But that is extremely unlikely to happen- weed has become a commodity and has a market value.

Agreed. The unjust cannabis laws are just a drop in the bucket. We have bigger problems to overcome like the globalist banking elite controlling our governments, economies, geopolitics, the media, education system etc, etc, etc. Basically, weed being illegal is the least of our problems. Sad but true.

The Libs would also legalise that shit "spice" and sex with children btw OP

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tax it all they want...

il buy it on my business account and claim the vat back just before my holding company buys my yearly vat - back company.

Let's just call it business supplies from now on...:)

mr.brunch

Veteran
I'm all for a taxed system - they can't take the piss with the level of tax or there will still be a huge black market.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
They will say anything, and do nothing!!! They are so screwed after the fraud/rigging during the DNC primary.

Sorry, I did not realize this was the UK forum. It is the foul pieces of crap that run the DNC that I was talking about.

mr.brunch

Veteran
They will say anything, and do nothing!!! They are so screwed after the fraud/rigging during the DNC primary.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51120&pictureid=1714926&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Sorry, I did not realize this was the UK forum. It is the foul pieces of crap that run the DNC that I was talking about.

Don't worry dude, we got plenty of pieces of crap in power here too.
In fact , You could say choosing what party to vote for is like being asked what kind of bread you want your turd sandwich on.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Don't worry dude, we got plenty of pieces of crap in power here too.
In fact , You could say choosing what party to vote for is like being asked what kind of bread you want your turd sandwich on.

I have been reading Goebbels quotes, which our politicians live by -

http://www.azquotes.com/author/5626-Joseph_Goebbels

The first 2 pages pertain to propaganda and the government screwing the people.

G

ganjygav

still going to be a landslide for may?

I'm not so sure in the world we live in now it's really hard to tell what's going to happen with the votes. Look at results like brexit and Trump winning.
Shockers.
Record numbers of young people have registered to vote this election and the young tend to have liberal ideals.
I couldn't call it but the Labour leader corbyn is popular with the young and his policies with the pensions may just steal a few pension age voters from the conservatives .
I reckon we could end up with a hung parliament and they will all be doing deals with each other.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Best wishes to my British brothers and sisters!!! At least you do not live in our shit hole of America, with completely corrupt government only working for the top .5%. Our forefathers revolted over 100 times less bullshit.

G

ganjygav

Best wishes to my British brothers and sisters!!! At least you do not live in our shit hole of America, with completely corrupt government only working for the top .5%. Our forefathers revolted over 100 times less bullshit.

It's the same with politics worldwide I should imagine. Here in the UK it's the poorest that take the bashing. Yeah we have nhs but the government have been doing their best to Fuck it over for a couple of decades now. They ain't far from it either. It doesn't matter who is in power either they're all the same but wear different colour ties.