What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets talk micro taining......

singlecoiled

Any updates? Wondering how your coming along or if you added nutrients.

I see a few pics but cant open them, probably the size. I find I have to crop a lot of my pictures here or I get an error...

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
20240125_185201.jpg

singlecoiled

Ive been having problems with long seedling stems like this with my Spiderfarmer LED light. Ive tried everything and they always get way too lanky. If I use a small grow bulb (7 watts) and hang it inches from my seedling, no stretch...

So, I have a little trick. I fill my seedling cups up half way with soil. This gives room to bury the stem a bit with more soil... You look like you have room to add soil as well...I'd bury that up to the Cotyledon if I was you and get rid of the support.

Ohh, looking back maybe your planning a bend, I missed this. Ive dont the bend before works great.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So the new cheeses are looing good an traied down low just like i wanted, but I thought the fox farm soil would have helped the plants grow much bigger by now. They're on 24hr light.🤷‍♂️ But I digress... These are gonna get three gallon pots when there is more room in the bloom room.

20240206_214735.jpg

plutiot

Your plants look great man, maybe a little light green but still looking healthy.Your stems are a nice healthy green, thats a good thing. (I'm not always so lucky)..

I think I paid 12 bucks for my foliage pro at a garden store. That one bottle has lasted me 5 grows now and I've only used 1/3 of the bottle. Foliage Pro covers your Micro needs as well, even Calcium and Magnesium. A bottle of Cal Mag "just in case" isnt a bad idea if your using RO water or something with low calcium (used very lightly with foliage pro)

Another one that has worked well for me is this. I only applied this one time and my plants went nuts. I'd have a tough choice choosing between Foliage Pro or this as both have worked very well for veg. The Veg nation is very cheap, you arent paying for water and it will last a very very long time.

Either one will green up your plants fast...

Veg Nation Dry

Here is my plant now starting to form a circle. I used rabbit poop from my pet rabbit and might be getting a little too much nitrogen, I'm not sure. I had to defoliate a lot here, the plant was getting way too bushy and covering the nodes.

View attachment 18941325
lst'ing like a medival torture device! can i ask the process in the pic? high stress training? did you split the stem? i dont quite got the balls to do any breaking yet, but my low stress training turned into a jungle of its own lol

plutiot

Ive been having problems with long seedling stems like this with my Spiderfarmer LED light. Ive tried everything and they always get way too lanky. If I use a small grow bulb (7 watts) and hang it inches from my seedling, no stretch...

So, I have a little trick. I fill my seedling cups up half way with soil. This gives room to bury the stem a bit with more soil... You look like you have room to add soil as well...I'd bury that up to the Cotyledon if I was you and get rid of the support.

Ohh, looking back maybe your planning a bend, I missed this. Ive dont the bend before works great.
nice trick, much better than the mound of dirt sticking out of my starter cup hitting the top my of humidity dome witha a little green beacon of hope is sticking out of it