What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's talk coco slabs with drippers

G

what about the dutch pot hydro set up, isnt that a ready to go drip system? or the wilma system witch has several set ups.

G

NPK said:
I'm growing the Bogs from seed, and they all have steroidal leaf and stem development compared to the clone plants...those look perfectly healthy, but don't have crazy huge leaves. I noticed the same thing in the Caramellas I grew in coco from seed, too. Makes me think coco may affect plant morphology in seed-grown ladies.

You know, you may have a point here. The SOL mix I am running from seed right now is looking much different than the same seeds I ran last time around in dirt. This time around in Coco they are alot more squat with much bigger leaves. Same pack of seeds, much different look to them.

NPK

Yeah supernuck, I definitely think there's something to it. I grew my first round of Caramellas from clones, and though they were healthy, vigorous plants, they didn't have the dinosaur-sized leaves that this seed-grown one does. And the seed came from one of those Caramellas, so the genes are the same. The main difference is the medium (and the nutes).

I have nothing to compare the Bogglegums to because this is the first time I've ever grown 'em, but I still think the same thing is going on. I am going to take clones from those plants today; be interesting to see if those grow "normally" or if they also develop such big leaves.

budbeast

hey need a little help with my driper setup
friday i was feeding 1.85 ec with runoff at 1.65 so i bumped it up 2.3 in = 1.9 out bumped it again 2.7 in 2.15 out should i just keep bumpin up the nutes untill it levels its self out

jimjay

I am not completely sure but i think you are deff. using to much nutes. I think coco holds some nutes too.....?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
@ budbeast

stop upping nute levels as soon as the plant shows signs of having too much. ie. burnt tips or very dark green leaves. ec 2.0 is as high as i have ever had to go so far. but if you started high, you better continue with high level, don't want to shock the plants. any pics?

basically the coco reacts very slow to equalize ec with the nutrient solution you are feeding. this is actually good, because as soon as it starts to raise above what you are giving, then you have to start keeping a closer eye on it and even do a flush once in a while to get that slab ec level down again. a few points above what you are giving is not a problem just don't let it go to high compared to what you are giving.

budbeast

ive leveled out @ 2.3 which is about 2.5-3 ml - ltr a+b
looks like ill be flowering tommorrow ill try and take some pics of my dripper setup tonight

budbeast

heres the pics!!! :yummy:
i switched 12/12 last night ive been impressed with the drippers so far
makes life very easy :joint:
this is a 20 plant sog under a 600w hps lookin for a 600g harvest :chin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah makes life easy and the plants seem to just love it, being drip fed in coco. it's looking real good budbeast, with a bit of good luck in terms of the right strain and using the right ec, then i see no reason why you shouldn't get your gpw.

i was wondering why you didn't add the ventilator between the filter and the cool tube? this way it's pushing the air through the light and not getting the hot air into the ventilator? i've known them to burn out if the exhaust is too hot. mind you it's a small thing and if it's working you might as well leave it for now. interesting filter you have there, never seen the like.

G

Can I use coco in a greenhouse in a hydro type setup? What kind of measures have to be taken to keep the medium at a decent temperature? Id like to do greenhouse hydro, and was wondering if coco was a good idea. Any input is greatly appreciated.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
that's the thing, the coco stays at a good temp naturally, you might have to add a water heater to your nutrient tank for winter, but that's it. no air pump or chiller needed.

i would say coco is ideal for a green house.

DaDank

Coco Coir for beginners?

Coco Coir for beginners?

Gaiusmarius & VTA
Your grows are inspiring.
But I was wondering if you could direct me to the 'basics" of Coco use.
I am looking to use Coco Coir (<-how do you pronounce "coir"?) for the first time, and would really appreciate any-step-by-step help for this newbie. Do you know of any picture documentation for this method that starts at the very beginning? Thanks in advance for your help.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i do have all the pics to my old building a coco slab grow with 4x600 watts and drippers thread from the OG days, maybe i should post it up again?

maybe after the 420, i'll have a bit more time to do it. i did plan t do it from the start of this section, lol.

DaDank

Would Be Very Appreciated

Would Be Very Appreciated

Gaiusmarius-
Thanks much for the prompt reply. I imagine things get rather busy in preparation for the Holy Day.
Anyway, whenever you have a moment, any help is appreciated.

Matthew

yts farmer

Veteran
budbeast:how are you finding the odor sock,or is this the first grow you have used it on?

would be intresting to find out how good they work.

hey there gaius great thread you got going on over here and a lot of good info here.

do you know whatever happened to mampi?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i hear from mampi periodically every 6 months or so. i hope to hear from him soon, as it has been a while since i last heard from him. hope all is well with that geezah, as he is a good bloke. with his OG handle he was one of my first regular contacts on overgrow.

G

i do have all the pics to my old building a coco slab grow with 4x600 watts and drippers thread from the OG days, maybe i should post it up again?

I wanna see some old school setups =p

budbeast

ive had to redo the extraction in my setup to get things completely scent free
the odorsok is working very well
a menstral non weed smoker wont get a whiff of ganj 6" from the exhaust now
you dont realise how well a filter works until you take it off and faf with your setup for a couple of hours
i had to tape the filter to my 5" fan " like the instructions say " and add a 4" fan to the duct but the smells gone and temps are down so its smiles all round
ive also started to add bigbud to the tank ec: 2.4 ph: 5.8 run off 2.0 / 5.9
plants are growin really well
heres a pic

looking forward to seeing your pro gro soon gm