What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let’s Talk Bubble Machine Tech

Maple_Flail

I'd taper back the ice to mimic frenchie, he mentions that sound is the sound of too much ice in a few vids

he suggest barely hearing the ice and let the water vortex do the work is the goal.

by the look of your vortex you are only maybe 5%-10% over your ice needs.

did you mention which brand your machine is? i didn't catch it.. it looks like it does good work for a small unit

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Good points. The ice layer at the getting cold stage helps to keep the buds submerged. If you add too much water too early, the buds float and don't get as wet as they can be. That's why I add the last of the water just before the wash cycle. The machine is a bubblebagdude bought on amazon. The machine is very basic. The pulleys are miss-aligned and the belt is loose - but this all may be by design so the simple circuit can reverse the motor without stress.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I'd taper back the ice to mimic frenchie, he mentions that sound is the sound of too much ice in a few vids

he suggest barely hearing the ice and let the water vortex do the work is the goal.

I decided to re-watch the Frenchy vids and I saw the ice load suggestions that you mentioned. So, for my latest run, I did exactly what he did. I loaded the machine in an ice/product/ice sandwich with a full load of water and let it chill for a while. Then I washed it for 1 minute and as expected the ice was loud. I did my first sieve and added more water - but no more ice - for the second 3 minute wash. This just gave the light tinkle of ice since it was mostly water. I repeated this for a 3 run.

The end product looks very good. This is from an Ace's Zamaldelica which leaned Thai and I remember from a previous wash that it was a light hash producer. It still is but I got 3 nice small chunks - one per run - which I froze for 24 hours, micro planed and dried for 4 days. The end result is very good. It is 159-45u btw.

zamaldelica2.jpg

acespicoli

Has anyone tried the dry ice method, theres a bottled oxygen seller nearby that has liquid nitrogen etc
Of course it can cause frost bite in seconds, besides the dangers...the cost its fairly cheap

Well I hear good things... im thinking of using the sour bubble from BOG for the feed material
I feel that the resin trichome size and character of the starting material is important
Seems many of the middle eastern hash strains are rather resin caked leaves not dense bud for smoke
Maybe its the grinding that releases impurities

Theres many things to consider for it to be called art

FullMelt;)

Im interested in a method of using screen and sub woofer music vibration to extract resin
I think I could use this track as one on the playlist?

1677587795588.png

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Yes. I tried dry ice before I tried ice + water. I found a supplier nearby and went over with a cooler and bought a few chunks. You let the ganja chill with the ice for a few and then shake. It is instant. A cloud of trichs fall out of the bag. But you can also see the colour change - almost as quickly - from golden to green. The green is leaf matter, of course and it creates a ‘furry’ hash that is harsh and the total opposite of sticky. The trich/plant matter change happens so quickly – in seconds – that it is really hard to control imho.

The cold chills the trichs. The agitation knocks them off. Ice + water does the same thing but the water cushions the agitation giving you more time to work. Too much ice or too vigorous a stir or for too long makes a fibrous hash – ice water’s version of ‘furry’ hash. And it is the same with dry sift if you are too aggressive or if you card too long.

Contaminants are your enemy with any hash making process but you also want to filter the maximum # of trichs possible every time. So try all of the methods yourself and find what works for you.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
When I make CO2 hash I do it over a large piece of glass. Like the glass from a sliding door. I put that over a piece of white paper. Then when I shake I move the bag slowly around the glass so I can see when the color changes. Then use a card to scrap it off the glass.

I like to use this to make caramels. I purify it with water. I drop the hash into a jar of water and shake it up. The hash will sink to the bottom and the leaves dust and wax float to the top. I slowly drain the water off till only a little water and the hash remain in the jar. I rewash the hash till the water comes out clear. This leaves a hash that is great for cooking. No strong flavor or gritty feel. So the flavor of what you are cooking it in comes out. Like the taste of the caramels.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I feel that the resin trichome size and character of the starting material is important
Seems many of the middle eastern hash strains are rather resin caked leaves not dense bud for smoke

I had one strain - Black Zombie I believe that gave a pitiful return. The buds were smallish and tight. I broke them up before the wash but the result was a pitiful yield. I don't think I let it dry enough before bubbling. And yeah - back in the day - the majority of hash was soft black - which was actually a dark green inside - green from plant matter.

acespicoli

I had one strain - Black Zombie I believe that gave a pitiful return. The buds were smallish and tight. I broke them up before the wash but the result was a pitiful yield. I don't think I let it dry enough before bubbling. And yeah - back in the day - the majority of hash was soft black - which was actually a dark green inside - green from plant matter.
sun dried in a arid land :thinking: low to no humidity cold in winter silk screened
food for thought, separating the contaminants out with washes is genius, distilled water no doubt

Ichabod Crane

early_hominid

Many thanks to @tobedetermined for this thread, I used the first post as my guide to wash trim from my outdoor grow. It was my second time using my washing machine and I had a lot more success! Ended up with 12.5 g temple ball of Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa, Ace Panama and Malwai x PCK, and Mandala #1.

IMG-0294.jpg

Need to improve my grind
IMG-0295.jpg

After first rolling
IMG-4643.jpg

Couple more rolls later
IMG-4647.jpg

IMG-4649.jpg

Cheers everyone :rasta:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many thanks to @tobedetermined for this thread, I used the first post as my guide to wash trim from my outdoor grow. It was my second time using my washing machine and I had a lot more success! Ended up with 12.5 g temple ball of Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa, Ace Panama and Malwai x PCK, and Mandala #1.

View attachment 18815093
Need to improve my grind
View attachment 18815094
After first rolling
View attachment 18815095
Couple more rolls later
View attachment 18815096

View attachment 18815097

Cheers everyone :rasta:

Very nice 👌

Latest posts

Latest posts