What's new

Lets talk about Vermont

TheOutlawTree

Ive been to burlington many many times, it seems extremely laid back/ hippie town. As far as the rest of the state it looks like very nice land in the northern areas.

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Most of the growers I know in Vermont have gone indoors for various reasons including short growing season , rippers etc. Cultivation of three plants or more is a felony.

T

THE TROOPER

i'd be surprised if they could even get the money it takes in fuel to look for grows...with al the municipalities strapped for cash in the northeast!

last fall i did'nt see one chopper looking for grows in my area that makes three years in a row!

TheOutlawTree

nice, been looking at land in VT, seems a little expensive..... unless im looking in the wrong places. The real place to buy land dirt cheap is Maine, but im not sure how much longer i can continue living like a hermit

The NE kingdom in VT is just beutiful...

ronbo51

Veteran
I went to college in the Northeast Kingdom, Craftsbury Common and fell in love with New England. We looked into buying land in VT but it was so much more expensive than Maine it was a no brainer. Plus Maine is wide open for growers legally. Maine ftw

supermanlives

Veteran
ya maine is nice. you can get land close enough to a civilized area. i like anything bangor north and away from coast.

TheOutlawTree

^ Yeah, im pretty sure ill spend some years of my life in maine, eventually...

Ive been wanting to move there for like 4 years...

radioman

I only know 1 person that has a "medical card". The medical law here does not cover that many ailments... Weed is real easy to buy however. The quality is usually very good...
Not that many people grow, considering the amount of people that smoke regularly. I have seen "grow-shops" come and go. The regular garden shops now have everything needed for growing...
The Police no longer go after simple possession or small time dealers. They will bust growers if they can... There is a real bad Heroin (& Crack) problem here in Vermont and the Police have decided to concentrate their enforcement efforts on "Hard Drugs"...

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ive been seeing some pretty good Sweet Island Skunk coming out of Vermont. Indoor stuff.
Currently trying to clone a few cuts of "Alaskan Romulan" from up that way.

Shovelhandle

Doing it in NW Vermont by Lake Champlain/Quebec. Medical mj law ailment guidelines just became less restrictive, instead of severe pain one just has to have chronic pain. Anyone my age definitely has chronic pain. My MD had no reservation recommending I get a MMJ card. A patient has to list a dispensary or home grow on their card. You can't home grow and buy at a dispensary. And since the plant limits are ridiculously small I list a dispensary. I did purchase a few items to see what's what and I'll not be buying much, or any in the future. It was just ok.

Vermont is a very expensive place to live especially in the Burlington area. It's medical cannabis laws are very restrictive. 2 plants in flower that's it. Three or more a felony. Climate is a short growing season outdoors usually with a frost or heavy rain by October. Autos or Mold resistant strains are best bet.

Comparatively speaking Maine is a much better medical wise and pot friendly state to grow/live in. Felony starts at 100 plants in Maine.

Yeah the dispensaries suck. I used to work at Vermont's largest one. The guy who runs it knows nothing about growing weed and is in it for the money only. They also have mold issues from improper grow room set ups so your best growing your own if you are a med patient. My 2 cents worth.

Burt

Veteran
Vermont is the promised land in NE imo
Maine is not any more desirable and frankly, shouldn't be discussed in the same paragraph-lol
Lots of uneducated, gun whording types up there in Maine, vets and spent hippies
Vt has it all imo
Civilized, moderated rednecks, co-ops, hot chicks and most
importantly, a heady culture and great strains
Maine? Red head bride is all I ever heard and its shwag

Shukriya1

Vermonter love their guns and their pot. I love em both. Voting for Gov this year sucks because one is pro pot/anti gun and the republic the opposite. As you may surmise: Freedom from government is best all the way around.
Grow outside in a greenhouse with either heat/suplemental lighting or early blooming strain. I have never bought the stuff here, but I get the impression its everywhere just like heroin and fetanyl. H is bad here.
Congressional committees are working now to create some kind of recreational legalization, but politicians absolutely suck at legislating something they don't love themselves. I expect that the degree of legalization in Vermont will be relative to the legalization of Canada, Maine, and Massachusetts this year. Hillary and Trump dont factor in.